International Cricket Captain 2009

ICC09 has been, for me, the most challenging game in the series so far. My players' (and consequently team's) performances are mind-numbingly erratic; I consistently snatch draws from the jaws of victory; and really struggle to implement batting and bowling plans. Clearly, I'm stuck in a way of approaching ICC that is ineffective for the latest instalment.

ICC09 has been, for me, the most challenging game in the series so far. My players' (and consequently team's) performances are mind-numbingly erratic; I consistently snatch draws from the jaws of victory; and really struggle to implement batting and bowling plans. Clearly, I'm stuck in a way of approaching ICC that is ineffective for the latest instalment.

And the game is much better for it. It's better not having easy wins every game (I've only had experiences of III, Ashes 2006 and one other, on the trails, plus got the full version of 08 and 09).

I think my main problem is that I cannot seem to make effective use of the coaching options. I won the first three matches in my CC season; but gradually the form of my batsmen tailed off. Towards the latter end of my first season, I literally could not reach 70 runs in an innings without losing 3 wickets. Whatever training I used, I could not lift my batsmen out of their poor form. Where one batsman actually made a notable score, the others would fail drastically. My team would be all out for less than 200, save the odd cameo from my tail. As a consequence, I could not win a CC game.

Come season 2 - form is reset - and suddenly everyone is on top of their game again. I'm beating everyone with ease. So I feel that my ability to control matches is not so bad, I just have problems with using coaching correctly.

Only played it for a little bit and it's quite exciting. My first County T20 or OD match and I won by 2 runs as I bowled them out. How tense was that! Thought I was going to lose then BAM! I got the final wicket with 2 runs to spare. I'll post a screenshot later in the other thread.

Anyway, quick question about the editing, it's probably been asked a million times but, is their an option to create new teams with the editor?

i hope we can add matches ourselves with other teams like in real life,
gets annoying sometimes playing a series in january and then waiting for october to play the next series.
like pakistan do.

we should have the ability to make offers to other teams for full series

It might be the case of the first few season because they are based of real life. and in real life exactly what hooper said.
after a few season it should smooth out.
but i do agree with you, we need some more managerial control in terms of tours etc.

I managed to beat NZ's highest ever individual score with Ross Taylor getting 314* against Pakistan :clap.

I scored 250 with Michael Clarke, very good innings against a WI attack in form.

I just finished a 5 test series against WI, in which I lost 3-2. I love 5 test series.

I love tests in ICC, best form both in R/L and the game. ODIs arent that interesting in the game tbh.

Yeah, tests are far more enjoyable. I just skip ODIs and T20s. Probably why I'm rated 3rd in ODIs but 1st in Tests. :p

I do play one ODI a series but, then get bored and skip the rest of the series. I HATE 20/20!!

Yeah, T20 is too short, i like the realness of Test Matches. But even so, It`d still be nice if Childish Things put more T20 World Cups in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread