IPL - Transfer/Trade/Auction Thread

not heard too much transfer noise around the Chennai team, but I'd like to make some changes ... here's the squad I'd like to see:

KEY
[+] = new addition
* = foreign player

BAT
- Haydos*
- Huss*
- Raina
- Badri
- Murali Vijay [+]
- Anirudha
- Vidyut

BAT/WK
- MS (c)
- Parthiv

BAT/BOWL
- Albie*
- Oram*
- Super Freddie* [+]
- Einstein
- Mukund
- Arun Karthik

BOWL
- Gony
- Murali Kartik [+]
- Muralidaran*
- Jogi
- Balaji
- Amaranth
- Ashwin

OUTGOING
- Ntini* (sorry, but had to be done)
- Kapugedera*
- Fleming* (moving into the coaching department, from the looks of things)

PREFERRED LINEUP
1. Haydos*
2. Vijay/Parthiv
3. Raina
4. Huss*
5. Badri
6. MS
7. Freddie*
8. Albie*/Oram*/Muralidaran* (if it's Murali, he'll obviously bat #11)
9. Gony
10. Jogi/Balaji
11. Kartik/Balaji

not all going to happen ... in fact, apart from the possibility of Murali Vijay being roped in as a Catchment Area player, I'd be surprised to see any of the changes I've mentioned happen ...

but, still, one can always conjecture ...

Oh hell yeah, give Chennai a KP or Fred. I'd like Murali Kartik as a homecoming as well, we'll give KKR Palani Amarnath :D

Oh hell yeah, give Chennai a KP or Fred. I'd like Murali Kartik as a homecoming as well, we'll give KKR Palani Amarnath :D

KKR is very close to pick Freddie :) KP most probably will land in Mumbai Indians. Take kartik and give us Rohit Sharma :p

Screw you, getting rid of Kapu! :(

He is a superb talent, and deserves another crack.

Not worth an oversea's spot IMO. and I don't really see him fit in the team, get me a star bowler.

Pollock, whose contract with Mumbai Indians was only for one year, said that he didn't want to play cricket anymore.Glenn McGrath, whose wife Jane died recently because of cancer, also might not return to complete his three-year contract with the Delhi Daredevils.

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/378352.html

That would be really sad,it was only IPL where we could watch McGrath and Pollok bowling,these are all time great,altough they have retired internationally,we fans could see them in IPL,lets hope they continue IPL.

Kp for MI and freddie for DC..would love to see gili with freddie

Is Rohit sharma really Leaving DC ?

Actually there were talks of KP with MI and Flintoff with KKR (Kolkota Knight Riders)

- Fleming* (moving into the coaching department, from the looks of things)
it's been confirmed, from the looks of it ...

I'd like Murali Kartik as a homecoming as well, we'll give KKR Palani Amarnath :D
the Chennai team needs more TN players who are good enough to be starters ... Murali Kartik would offer a quality spin option ... but, I doubt they'd take your tongue-in-cheek Palani Amarnath offer :D ... another bowler I looked at is Yo Mahesh ... I was surprised that he wasn't picked up as a Ranji player from the catchment area ... Delhi won't give him up too easily now ...

Screw you, getting rid of Kapu! :(

He is a superb talent, and deserves another crack.
Not worth an oversea's spot IMO. and I don't really see him fit in the team
exactly ... the fact that he occupies an overseas spot plays against him in a big way ... I certainly couldn't see him start over the other foreign players, not in my ideal Chennai side, nor as the team stands now (providing that the entire squad is available) ...

get me a star bowler.
as much as I like Kelves, Chennai's need for a star bowler is exactly why I'd go for Freddie Flintoff (when picking between the two incoming Englishmen) ... and which other star bowler is not yet playing in the IPL? unless Shane Bond can be convinced to jump ship, I don't see any players 'available' who would fit the bill ...

You think Delhi would be willing to cough up Karthik for Parthiv?
maybe? I know KKD is worth a cool $200k more than Parthiv ... I'm very familiar with football transfers but not so much with American sports transfers, and apparently the IPL is going to have a bit of both ... so I'm not too sure how a deal like that would work ... but I'd certainly want to see it happen: KKD is a better bat than Parthiv, and is a better outfielder (MS will start as keeper every match, unless he's injured or needs a respite from standing behind the stumps) ...

could someone post the news articles which state that Rohit Sharma is leaving HYD? he was one of the very few positives from their first season ... unless they're cashing in on a big offer from another club -- one that would allow them to make a couple of solid purchases -- it makes no sense to try and get rid of him ...

and Freddie to Hyderabad? hah, he'd fit right in to the 'big-hitters club' assembled there ... but more than anything, they need a top bowler too ... Ojha is good, but it'll take more than that to win the league ... I don't rate RP Singh ... same goes for Zoysa ... Vaasy is getting on a bit ... I consider Hyderabad my 'second team', so if Freddie can't join Chennai, I'd like to see him with the Deccan Chargers ...

Actually there were talks of KP with MI and Flintoff with KKR (Kolkota Knight Riders)
a Pietersen-Tendulkar partnership would be appealing to any cricket fan watching as a neutral ... but apart from that, I personally don't see too much reason to hope that KP goes to Bombay ...

as for Freddie, I don't think that Calcutta really needs him ... they already have a strong squad: Dada, Gayle, Punter, McCullum, Ishant, Shoaib Akhtar, and Ajantha Mendis can be matchwinners on their day; then there are useful experienced players like Umar Gul, Murali Kartik, Dave Hussey, Salman Butt, Agarkar, and Shukla; and finally a few promising youngsters like Saha and Pujara can play their part too ... that squad is strong, and they are already serious championship contenders for next season in my eyes ... they do need a fully fit/available squad for that to be the case, though ...

Last edited:
Flintoff keen to benefit from IPL experience

Andrew Flintoff has told the BBC that he wants to join the IPL next season, arguing that any England players who followed suit would gain from the experience."They [India's players] played in the IPL and have brought that into the 50-over game," Flintoff said. "It's something I'd be keen to have a go at it on the Indian pitches, with the Indian players and international cricketers.

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/england/content/current/story/379471.html

Money factor is also there...He will be getting huge amount if he comes into IPL,i have heard SRK is trying to get him in his side...

Users who are viewing this thread