IPL - Transfer/Trade/Auction Thread

Flintoff keen to benefit from IPL experience

Andrew Flintoff has told the BBC that he wants to join the IPL next season, arguing that any England players who followed suit would gain from the experience."They [India's players] played in the IPL and have brought that into the 50-over game," Flintoff said. "It's something I'd be keen to have a go at it on the Indian pitches, with the Indian players and international cricketers.

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/england/content/current/story/379471.html

Money factor is also there...He will be getting huge amount if he comes into IPL,i have heard SRK is trying to get him in his side...
ye, it's been made fairly clear for a while now that the players want to play in the IPL ... the ICC needs to see that the future of the game is as much in club cricket as it is in international cricket, and make a clear window for the domestic T20 competitions (like the IPL) and also make the Champions League the glamour event it should be (like it is in football) ...

and with regards to Flintoff, I've posted my thoughts:

I don't think that Calcutta really needs [Freddie] ... they already have a strong squad: Dada, Gayle, Punter, McCullum, Ishant, Shoaib Akhtar, and Ajantha Mendis can be matchwinners on their day; then there are useful experienced players like Umar Gul, Murali Kartik, Dave Hussey, Salman Butt, Agarkar, and Shukla; and finally a few promising youngsters like Saha and Pujara can play their part too ... that squad is strong, and they are already serious championship contenders for next season in my eyes ... they do need a fully fit/available squad for that to be the case, though ...

unless one or more of the big name players from the foreign contingent are leaving the team, bringing in Flintoff would certainly compromise the team chemistry due to a lack of playing time for a few of the big names -- if I remember correctly, those big salaries are dependent on a minimum number of appearances, so they won't be happy to sit out and see their overall pay packet diminish ...

KK just got Ajantha Mendis and Henriques as their two pre auction picks. They are also after Warner and Steven Smith with Warner expected to go for big bucks after his latest 2 OD knocks.

Mendis will be huge. He actually played a match last year IIRC, didn't do much though.

He'll be absolutely devastating though, can't wait until he rips Yuvraj and his team of paratha's apart :p. Add to that he probably won't go over 4 an over.

Chennai will have absolutely no chance, unfortunately, unless they pick up either Fred (Hopefully!) or KP. We're waay too batsman oriented and our squad is nothing in comparison to the likes of Kolkata, Hyderabad, and Delhi. It'll take a lot to get to the semi's again this year I feel. Same goes for Rajasthan, can't belive they won it in hindsight.

No worries Rohit, we'll have the superstar Sudeep Tyagi this time. :cheers

But yeah, I hope Mahi was watching the Challengers and he picks Ashwin, looking at what Murali did last season, looks as if Ashwin will bring us more wickets. Plus, this time round, Balaji won't have that pathetic hopping run up. Who we need is somebody like Clark or Freddie, who will chip away at the line up, and Freddie for his death bowling and obviously, the batting too.

But according to WC, Freddie has been nabbed so bleh. :mad:

KK just got Ajantha Mendis and Henriques as their two pre auction picks. They are also after Warner and Steven Smith with Warner expected to go for big bucks after his latest 2 OD knocks.

We are also after Blizard :D It was Punter who told Buchanan and SRK about Mendis :) As far i know we have grabbed Freddie, only official formalities left now :p signing papers and all ;) we have also signed a young spinner from Bengal .

So what?

You'll still flop.

:D

So what?

You'll still flop.

:D

We made most profit :D now we will have Mendis :happy he will be the main weapon for us as well as Gayle and co. SRK and Joy Bhattachariya told they are going to spend lots of money :D

Nah, I just feel you are just wasting money by getting all these foreign players, most will hardly even play.

And oh yeah, who made the finals last year? Who should have won the final too?

Yeah, that's right.

Nah, I just feel you are just wasting money by getting all these foreign players, most will hardly even play.

And oh yeah, who made the finals last year? Who should have won the final too?

Yeah, that's right.

The team who made to finals last year and won totally deserve :)

We need Flintoff up here in north badly.

As for trade Chawla, Sreesanth, Jaywardena and Irfan should be put on market. We should be eyeing domestic talent in form of Pujara and somehow steal Gauthi from Daredevils.

You have more chance of convincing Lalit Modi to give some of his share to charity than dangling a succesful Carrot to Gautam, Viru loves him too much, they will not be seperated.

Sreesanth was Mohali's best bowler.
Jayawardene is an absolute STAR! Why on earth would you trade him away? He can turn it on man.
Priety loves Irfan way too much. He was not that bad either and is a handy allrounder. Plus he play/ed/s for India, he won't be traded.

We'll gladly take Sreesanth or Irfan :D. Doubt SRK will trade Pujara either though, shame he's in a team full of super stars.

We'll gladly take Sreesanth or Irfan :D. Doubt SRK will trade Pujara either though, shame he's in a team full of super stars.

Why not take both, and not have to play Gony, Balaji or Joginder. :D

Balaji is class! :mad

They played some highlights of the IPL during the lunch break yesterday. Gony was actually very good. But Sree + Irfan >> Gony. :D

If Gony started to get some tap, he just gets murdered. Way too one dimensional for 2020.

Users who are viewing this thread