JULY07 TAOC Official Video Released !!!

I think this video is brilliant, best physics etc I have seen. Minor criticism for me is when the ball was hit in the air it seemed to come down slightly too quickly, maybe ball gravity need to be reduced a bit? I mean when sixes are hit. Maybe time a six in real life and try to match that to the game, I think some of those lofted 6 shots should take nearly an extra second to come down. What do other people think?

the sweep shot and hitting the ball back over the bowlers head both look great!
is the reverse sweep going to be included?

there may be no sound and the fielders arnt moving yet, but it still looks like it would be sooooooo much more fun to play than the last brian lara game, and as long as its possible to get edges, slip catches and bat/pad catches the game will destroy all ea attempts.

i just found the list of shots and now know that the reverse IS going to be possible. 38 different shots! wow! we will have to choose how to play, insted of just hitting the ball to the cover fielder every single shot like in cricket 07

Last edited:
I think this video is brilliant, best physics etc I have seen. Minor criticism for me is when the ball was hit in the air it seemed to come down slightly too quickly, maybe ball gravity need to be reduced a bit? I mean when sixes are hit. Maybe time a six in real life and try to match that to the game, I think some of those lofted 6 shots should take nearly an extra second to come down. What do other people think?

well...i agree with you there..thanx for reminding me.
i somehow tend to forget this point everytime........LOL !!! :p

is the reverse sweep going to be included?

its already in ;)

When I play the video in DivX, I can barely see the video. The Youtube version gave me a clear view and it looks fantastic.

did you try playing the video in VLC media player ??

Impressive Video ... The animations, camera angles are cool. I believe they have to work on fielders. Are you guys gonna use real names and likeness of players? (My question is how many official licenses you have?)

well..no licenses mate...if we had that much money....we would have done
the anims via motion capture :p

Last edited:
Just seen the video, absolutely amazing, the gameplay is mind blowing, going wow every ball, I just think what you guys have already, are doing, is amazing and...well I can't put into words how good it is, can't wait till release

Great work guys keep it up

PS: I like the fact the last ball is an Australian off stump cartweeling backwards

That's good. But the bowler doesn't really jump at the point of delivery.

Can't wait for this game! Some good shots from the batsmen. Actually, they're brilliant!

When do we expect to see fielders moving?

Excellent video ,loving every moment of it ,almost 90% of the shot animation are near perfect and I really love the way the bowl moves it is very real compare to EA and Codies games.
Now back to suggestion and criticism:d the first thing I notice in the bating animation is the batsman suddenly pause(minor issue) after hitting the bowl and he seems to hit the bowl too quickly and also at the very last moment (ala BLIC) which gives unnatural look instead of this batsman should be preparing to play when a bowl is about to leave the hand instead waiting for it at the very last moment this will also give fluid animations ,but do remeber that some players play fluid shots (Muhammad Yousuf) and some play very quick shots like Gilchrist(a bit like this in video but not at the very last moment).
Now its time for technicalities ,we all know that the period of canned animations is almost over and you see more dyanamic animation these days. The thing I would like to aware Paul is that even if the animation are so perfect and beautiful they will get old and the people will not be enjoying them as they use to do it. So there fore I suggest you to do the dyanamic animations. Like you said that there will be no chance that two balls will pitch in the same spot ,how about if you play two coverdrives there animation will not be same and there will be some sort of feet movement difference or bat moving difference in them ,the bat difference can easily be done by alligning bat to the bowl instead of alligning bowl to the bat(like in other cricket games) and the feet difference could be define according to the farness of bowl from the feet this all thing will create long lasting affect in animations.

Impressive Video ... The animations, camera angles are cool. I believe they have to work on fielders. Are you guys gonna use real names and likeness of players? (My question is how many official licenses you have?)
There is NONE official licences although there will be an unofficial patch which will be all the licences will be good:cool:

Yeah but there would be no staff if there was no TAOC
Jk's point is that vice versa is true as well, Paul couldn't do it without the help of many people. Now back to the topic of saying what a great video this is :D

Users who are viewing this thread