Knockout Comp:- Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: 621/3 off 25!! :eek:
That's a highly realistic run rate of 24.84. LMAO:D .

Last edited:
Originally posted by brad352
Exactly- it always has been compared to any other shot, even on the original version. And believe me, when you do make it reasonable, I'll be the first one to download it- I want to play other shots again:(

I didnt know that before maybe its to do with me not using that shot at all. Except a patch quite soon for this fix.

Goodbye records....... hello fun :D
jonah- believe me, they're even more....uh...realistic without the patch- constantly pushing 30 runs an over :(

Last edited:
Hey Brad, Maybe we can Declare! heheh I don't think I can play good as you. But Will try do my Best.

Ravi, It's also easy to hit sixes with new Patch. I was just testing it out and I was able hit sixes straight down with the advance shots.

Originally posted by brad352
Exactly- it always has been compared to any other shot, even on the original version. And believe me, when you do make it reasonable, I'll be the first one to download it- I want to play other shots again:(

Well you don't have to use the advance shot, I don't. I never use it, coz it's too easy to get runs.

What, and go for outright victory? :)
Just get some practice, I'm sure we'll be fairly safe unless everyone starts using my strategy. :( Now that would make an interesting tournament

Squiz- Well it is a competition....... and even in a normal game, I don't think I could handle getting beaten when I know I could've finished the game in 5 overs

It's rediculous to attempt to restrict what shots someone can play, but hopefully the new patch will take that out of the equation anyway.:) And I think it would be pretty entertaining having to chase 1000

I have tweaked that shot just now, it shouldnt be anymore easy to hit over the top with the advance shot although it will be best if Brad can test it. We also need to make sure that wont screw up CPU batting. Any idea how often the CPU tried the advance shot? I for one will have the tweaked advance shot in place so wont be using that shot for sure.

Also Brad if you are able to notch up huge scores you should look forward to playing with the batting exe with seam/swing/speed not being displayed. That may be a challenge for you.

Last edited:
Ravi- I've never had the CPU advance and hit over the top so I don't think it would be a problem. If you post the tweaked patch I'll be more than happy to test it out.

In regard to the exe, wouldn't it make it impossible to bowl?

Also couple of guys feel there are one too many wides bowled in a ODI by lesser teams. That may be due to the cursor size being bigger. I like the larger cursor size as CPU bowls less yorkers and bouncers. Again its personal taste really, maybe I will do away with a slightly smaller cursor but probably that may make bowling just too easy. Lets see how we go.

Brad, with the new exe you only need to bat with it. After you have finished bowling save the game and restart with the new exe and start batting. Just in case you win the toss first then play an over with the original exe, save, exit and then restart the game using the new exe. I love the challenge with the new exe and its not very easy to score one too many.

Last edited:
Oh yeah- so simple, how did I not think of that:(

Anyway, how are we going to change the playing conditions partway through a tourney?

Last edited:
Brad, use Shailesh's game tweak from the download section. While in the game save and exit the game use ALT+TAB(keep a blank notepad open just in case), using save game tweak change the conditions. If you even want to control opponents bowling changes swap team, resume the saved game again and as now you will be representing the opponent, you can save the bowler too. Then save the game go to the main menu, ALT+TAB to desktop swap teams again and resume the game back again. Once you download the Save game tweak you will find new avenues to enhance the game.

Attached is the one with tweaked advance shot, let me know how hard is it to play the shot with the patch.

Cheers.

Attachments

• ver 6 advance-wide tweaks.zip
    96.1 KB · Views: 10
Ravi- I meant that if we started the tourney with the 6.0 patch we can't really switch to a new one part way through, and if we leave it the way it is there will be unreasonable scores such as the one I posted.
btw, I already have SavTweak, used it to resurrect my games that suffered from the resume bug. I'll d/l the patch now and return results in 15-20 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread