Lara or Tendulkar...who will be first?

Who will break Sunil Gavskar's record of 34 test centuries first?

• Brian Lara

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Sachin Tendulkar

Votes: 44 69.8%

• Total voters
Lara has been setting up himself nicely to get there before Sachin does. He has basically stopped playing one day cricket for the time being. He says he wants to last longer in the test arena. If he was to get the record this year, look for him to continue beyond the World Cup as from all recent indications he wants to be on top of everything when he finally leaves. I personally would love to see him tour England again, he didn't have a good time there last season, would like to see him put in one of his top performances at Lord's, and the West Indies don't tour England again till after the World Cup.

BC Lara said:
I personally would love to see him tour England again, he didn't have a good time there last season, would like to see him put in one of his top performances at Lord's, and the West Indies don't tour England again till after the World Cup.

i think lara would aswell as he hit both his 375 and 400 against the poms. perhaps he could extend some records he allready holds.

i think lara will last after the world cup also,seeing as he has decided to only play test cricket.
on his english tour,who knows even 400 might go down the drain. !

well what if steve waugh had'nt retired?
would have been excellent
a three way competition.
but i think he woul have got it first.

not picked for the odi's...
still there is the super series.
i dont think sachin would be fit by then.

so lara stands a very good chance seeing as the super series has official icc status.

I expected the poll to be closer than it is...
I wouldn't be suprised if Lara reaches it first. He completely deserves it. Tendulkar is more likely, as he needs one more, and this would cement his place as one of, if not the best, the greatest batsmen ever.

The Super series is one test match, so a maximum of two innings. Although it will be a 6-day test so there is a chance.

sohummisra said:
If Lara does get there first, Sachin will be quite ****ed off, seeing that he was just a few runs short during Pakistan's tour.

i dont think so
he is a good sportsman. ;) ;)

Both Tendulkar and Lara are very good players and deserve the record! Lara could have probably closed it out had he come to Sri Lanka.

Users who are viewing this thread