Lara or Tendulkar...who will be first?

Who will break Sunil Gavskar's record of 34 test centuries first?

• Brian Lara

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Sachin Tendulkar

Votes: 44 69.8%

• Total voters
Lara will be playing two Test matches against SL. He should score hundreed in each innings to reach 34 centuries. Sachin tendulkar's first test after his elbow surgery seems to be the Super Series. Given Lara's form it looks like Lara will topple the world record first.

would sacxhin be fit for the super series?
and if he is is,does he have the potential for a stupendous come back by scoring a century in his come back test.
not undermining him though,but such things are very rare.

iceman_waugh said:
would sacxhin be fit for the super series?
and if he is is,does he have the potential for a stupendous come back by scoring a century in his come back test.
not undermining him though,but such things are very rare.
According to Gloster (India Physio) he should be back in 16 weeks, 4 months which would be right around the time when Super Series starts. So he should be fit for Super Series theoretically. I think Sachin also has the experience to comeback strongly without a whole lot of match practice. I do hope that he comes back strong, fit and better form whenever he is fit.

do hope so.
but i would really not want him to get his 35th ton as a part of the super sqaud.
hope he gets it for india.

iceman_waugh said:
do hope so.
but i would really not want him to get his 35th ton as a part of the super sqaud.
hope he gets it for india.
Yep, that seems correct.

The Champ said:
i think lara will break that first it seems the form he is in
Yes. Sure looks that way. Wouldn't have said that 2-3 months ago though. Everyone seems to be saying that Sachin's career is on a decline. Let's see how the little master responds to this.

Last edited:
i personally think lara has got the momentum to take the record. i think he deserves it as hes had to carry a team for a while now.
here is a little something i made on the topic. what do you think?

raceto343bo.jpg

muhammad_inzi said:
guys it will be lara as i said it before and some people call me dum.
Buddy who call you dumb. And anyway, it will be Sachin coz he only needs a ton to break the record. Let?s see who is first. I really want Sachin.

muhammad_inzi said:
guys it will be lara as i said it before and some people call me dum.

Yeah thats coz ppl just cannot bear to see/hear anybody speak against tendulkar. :eek:
Good that he is in competition with lara and not anwar or hell would have broken loose everywhere.

By the way,some pakistani astrologert has predicted the end of sachin tendulkar's cricketing career in the year 2005. This guy has been known for his accuracy at predicting horrifying events like December 26th Tsunami and the death of Karol Wajotlya -Pope John Paul II .

iceman_waugh said:
By the way,some pakistani astrologert has predicted the end of sachin tendulkar's cricketing career in the year 2005. This guy has been known for his accuracy at predicting horrifying events like December 26th Tsunami and the death of Karol Wajotlya -Pope John Paul II .
We've already got a thread discussing this. Don't worry, astrology is bullsh!t anyway.

If Lara does get there first, Sachin will be quite ****ed off, seeing that he was just a few runs short during Pakistan's tour.

sohummisra said:
If Lara does get there first, Sachin will be quite ****ed off, seeing that he was just a few runs short during Pakistan's tour.
when Bucknor intervened. :)

Users who are viewing this thread