Last Movie You Watched

Sure the movie has parallel running stories that are quite entertaining, but the plot is wafer thing. Interwoven, yes sure. Cleverly ? IMO, Not so much :)

Besides, the stories don't lead to anything unless the you were really intrigued by what was the glowing thing in the briefcase (I personally wasn't). They sort of connect together vaguely, but there is no point to the whole exercise.

Except for SLJ's performance and some well executed dark humor, I did not take away much else from the experience.

----------

Would also like to add, besides SLJ, the performances were very mediocre. But then Tarantino is not known for extracting great performances from actors

and again, don't get me wrong. I did enjoy the movie (the first time). I just feel the praise it gets is very bloated

Last edited:
Maybe it doesn't intrigue you because there have been so many movies based on the same or even clever interweaving since then. I'm not sure. I don't mind, really.

----------

I just feel the praise it gets is very bloated

I don't think anyone appreciates for being meaningful and deeply philosophical. At the most, I've seen people praising it for being a darkly humorous crime classic which is entirely true. :) As for the rankings, they don't matter much to me.

I don't think anyone appreciates for being meaningful and deeply philosophical. At the most, I've seen people praising it for being a darkly humorous crime classic which is entirely true. :) As for the rankings, they don't matter much to me.

Hmmm .. well I have heard and read praises which go far beyond that.

Ahh Pulp fiction :D Always stirs up a good conversation

Great dialogues - check
Great soundtrack - check
Good entertainer - check
Shock value - check
All time classic - hardly !

I "enjoy" the movie as much as the next person, but I always found it overrated. The movie has no plot. Dont get me wrong. It has 4 wildly entertaining stories, but eventually they lead to nothing :) Also, IMO, this isn't Tarantino's best work. Reservoir Dogs anyone ? Even Inglorious Basterds. And if you are talking of Tarantino the writer, then check out True Romance.

It's the only Tarantino movie I've seen, but surely that can't be his best... I found that one quite overrated tbh, I guess maybe I have to rewatch it a few times to fully appreciate it though.

355036-arbi.jpeg

Fell asleep halfway through it.

Clich?d love film, not surprising though that most Indians like it, its very similar to a lot of Bollywood films.

It's the only Tarantino movie I've seen, but surely that can't be his best... I found that one quite overrated tbh, I guess maybe I have to rewatch it a few times to fully appreciate it though.

Its hard for me to pick his best work. I have enjoyed all the Tarantino movies I have watched, but I don't think I would go out of my way to re-watch them - except maybe Inglorious Basterds, because I love tales spun around Nazi Germany and WWII. Plus it had the supremely talented Christopher Waltz (I am a fan :D)

----------

The Notebook.

I dont really like films of this genre, but this seems to be an exception.

I actually liked it too. But in general, I am not as aversive to "chick flicks" as some people are. Many of them are quite well made :)

Saw Neighbors last night, fantastic comedy, recommend it to everyone, I also saw TASM2 the week before, and I still don't know what to make of it, it reminded me of IM2 and how rushed it felt, but in the bigger picture it was a fine sacrifice for all the setting up it did for The Avengers and the MCU, so if Sony can pull off something even remotely close with their "Spider-verse" and Sinister Six film, I'll be satisfied with TASM2.

Last edited:
Tron Legacy. Absolutely loved it given that I'm a sucker for Sci-Fi genre.

Users who are viewing this thread