Liverpool FC - Barclays Premier League 07/08 [PES 06][PS2]

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
liverpool_fc_logo.png

The pressure is on Rafael Benitez this season with Liverpool fans almost demanding success in the Barclays Premier League. Liverpool have managed to find success in a champions league beating AC Milan in penalties a few years back and losing to AC Milan in the final of the Champions League a couple of years ago, and an FA cup victory in 2006. They started off there 06/07 season with a win over Chelsea 2-1 to win the Community Shield.
With some big name signings over the last transfer window such as Fernando Torres, Yossi Benayoun and Ryan Babel and many more youths.
With the Premier league starting in a few days time so media caught up with Benitez and Torres at a press confrence;

PRESS CONFERENCE WITH BENITEZ

Media; Benitez, you have spent a lot of money on Torres to give you 4 main strikers, with even Babel and Kewell capable at front. Are you going to rotate them or play the inform?

Benitez; I will be planning on using a rotation policy. With a formation of 4-4-2 probably going to be used in most games the 2 starting forwards will be based on fitness and form but a rotation policy may be used with the strikers.

Media; What about your backs? Are you confident pretty much the same back line can do the job?

Benitez; Our back have a lot of experience, Carragher for example with 400 games and Hypia a long serving player.

Media; And the mids?

Benitez; In the mids with have many good players. Gerrard is probably going to be one of our most valuable players and Yossi Benayoun, Harry Kewell, Xabi Alonso, Babel, Aurello, Sissoko, maybe Riise but i will be mainly playing him at the back and a few others can play mid. It will be about form and fitness as we do not want tired mids, they need to be ready to give good chances to our forwards.

Media; Thanks Benitez, good luck this season

Benitez; Thanks

PRESS CONFERENCE WITH TORRES

Media; Fernando, you have been payed a lot of money to come from Athletico Madrid, do you feel the pressure?

Torres; Not really pressure, im going to go out there and play my regular game.

Media; How would you feel being invovled in the rotation policy

Torres; i think its a good thing, leaves players fresh and hard to anaylis for the opposition because the combination is always changing, we just have to make sure we know each others games very well so we can still created the chances.

Media; Good luck this season Fernando.

Torres; Thanks.

Opening game; Liverpool vs Chelsea next!

Last edited:

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Fantastic start there Matt!

Hope the rotation policy works in the midfield - good luck.
At least your main striker is supportive of the policy.

Hope Chelsea wipe the floor with you;)

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
LiverpoolvsChelsea.jpg

30 Minutes Before Match
Media; Benitez Benitez! You have choosen Crouch and Torres up front in a 4-4-2 formation?

Benitez; Yes, that is correct. The line-up is;
Reina
Finnan - Carragher - Hypia - Riise
Gerrard - Alonso - Benayoun - Kewell
Crouch - Torres​

Depending on Fitness and form changes will be made between the 45th minute to the 70th minute.

Media; Good luck today.

Full time​
Media; Benitez, Crouch missed some valuable chances which could have changed the game into your favour.

Benitez; I wouldn't hold the blame over Crouchs head. Both strikers couldn't find the right run and the mids couldn't deliver the right balls.

Media; You went down 1-0 in the 4th minute and 2-0 in the 46th minute. Does this show that your players have been slow starters?

Benitez; Yes that is something we will need to work on, being awake after the break or at the start of the match.

Media; You created some good chances with just the through balls lacking but Gerrard managed to get one in the air to find Torres who put it in the back of the net, will this be something you will be working on?

Benitez; Our crosses need to be worked on, we need to go airborne some more instead of always trying to get the through balls in.

Media; 2-1, not a bad result against a quality team but any changes for the next match?

Benitez; Nothing is certain but Crouch missed those vital chances and i had to take him off in the 70th minute for Voronin but this time Voronin will start.

Media; Thanks Rafeal, good luck for the next match.

Chelsea - 2 Liverpool - 1

Netx match; Charlton vs Liverpool

etho11

International Cricketer
Great stuff mate the pools are under pressure. Keep up the good work.

Highlander999

ICC President
Nice work mate. Don't particularly like Liverpool but hate Chelsea so would have prefered to see the scoreline reversed.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Unlucky loss there mate, not a great start. But Chelsea are a tough unit, better then what I could do :p (A 5-0 Loss). Nice basic style of presenting - well done! Reps.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
2 WEEKS LATER

Rafa Benitez job at stake!
benitezDM250507_468x435.jpg

Media; Benitez, your position as coach for Liverpool is not very safe after a 2-0 loss to Charlton and a 0-0 draw with Blackburn, what are your plans for head?

Benitez; i feel we were a bit unlucky in the Charlton game but i think the main problem is finding the right outfit, we have only managed to find the back of the net once in 3 games which is a worry.

Media; Torres, Crouch and Voronin have all been playing pretty bad, missing chances. What about Kuyt?

Benitez; Kuyt will most probably get his chances next week and i think i might give Crouch a rest, i think Torres has been good, just hasn't been delivered the right chances.

Media; Liverpool 3rd last. Any changes in formation going to appear.

Benitez; I have full confidence in the team and the formation, we just need that last Pass or shot on goal to be perfect.

Liverpool FC - 0 Charlton Athletic- 2
Blackburn Rovers - 0 Liverpool FC - 0

Next Sheffield vs Liverpool FC

Last edited:

Hooper

ICC Board Member
:o His job is on the line after a handful of games!

Terrible news! Terrible results in the matches so far!

A win at Sheffield is a must! Good luck....

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
1 MORE CHANCE...

Anounces Liverpool officals as Benitez and his team have crashed to a shocking 1-0 loss to Sheffield. The goal was dramtic with the keeper on the ground after a save, the Sheffield player headed it on goal and the keeper ran back to the goal and dived to save it but only managed a finger which helped push it into the goal.

Press Conference;

Media; Liverpool officals have announced a loss at Man City is no exception after your loss at Sheffield. Do you feel the pressure.

Benitez; I have no doubt in my team. We are in a goal scoring drought but hopefully the spark of Babel into the team will rise some spirts.

Media; Torres not been in good form, any chance of him getting a rest.

Benitez; It will be considered. Kuyt played well today and i want him next game but i also want Babel.

Media; The mids still haven't been able to find that pass, is this worrying you?

Benitez; No. We are getting there, maybe if we take a few more shots then we will find success.

Media; Thanks for your time Rafa.

Liverpool FC - O
Sheffield United - 2

Next game; Man City

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
RAFA KEEPS HOPES ALIVE AS LIVERPOOL SCALP FIRST POINTS.​

Rafa Benitez might have found a good frontline combination in Babel and Kuyt. Torres was Controversially left out of the squad but it payed off as they earn a 1-1 draw.

Press Conference with Rafa

Media; Bable had a great start to this game and scored the first goal in the 6th minute. Are you glad you left out Torres for Babel?

Benitez; I think Torres was due for a rest and Babel filled the shoes well with an attempt in the first minute hitting the crossbar. Benayoun created the chance to with a great pass in, he has been one of our best players this season.

Media; Liverpool couldn't hold onto there lead, losing a goal in the 66th minute. Does this dssapoint you.

Benitez; Very much so, we failed to find the back of the net again and that has been a major concern all season.

Media; Thanks Rafa

Press Conference with Babel

Media; You played well today. Are you glad you made an impression on Rafa?

Babel; Yes, i am glad i have been able to show Rafa what i can do after he showed faith in me and signed me onto such a good club.

Media; Very good start to the game, the mids were playing good.

Babel; Yes, us strikers have the mids to thank for delivering us good balls, next time i just hope we can take our chances better.

Media; Thanks Ryan.

Manchester City - 1
Liverpool FC - 1

Liverpool FC vs Tottenham Hotspurs Next!

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Hmm, no Torres and 'Pool can finally manage to make a result! The pressure isn't off yet though! Thats only a draw, and your meant to be a part of the "top four". You have a lot of work to do;)

Nice pres.

sd92

International Coach
Very nice story so far. Great presentation and good storylines. Keep it up my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread