Major League Cricket - USA T20 League - Let The Music Play!!

Who are you supporting?

• Total voters

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
What a century this is! What an inning. Captains knock for sure. Love to see the sea of blue in Texas. One of the best under pressure.
Post automatically merged:

Also Seattle has completely given up. So lethargic on field and mo motivation left at all.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
TSK's performance was very "down and up" in this tournament and it is to Conway and Miller contributions that they made it to the Top Two this year and also due to the extremely short nature of the tournament. They need way better contributions from the local players, who honestly look below average to me. Faf Du Plessis unfortunately had a horror of a season and that hurt big time. People in CSK circles go ga-ga over Santner, but he hasnt set the tournament on fire at all. Bravo was still lifting us up but an injury meant he wasnt there for the crucial game and it showed!

Hope they come back stronger next season with some smarter local picks. This is the first league where a Super Kings side is part of the league and they haven't made it to the final of the inaugural season of the league (CSK were in the final of IPL 2008; JSK was in the final of the SAT20 2023).
To be honest, teams hardly dominate throughout a season. There have been exceptions to this. Based on the performance from the Super Kings, I can say that they did pretty well. To reach the playoffs in the 1st season itself speaks miles. I do believe your criticism is a bit harsh here. Then again, it could very well stem from following the 'Super Kings' family over the years?

As for your last line- smarter local picks-believe for a few more years, the MLC will focus on getting international stars and try to get the fan following going. Local picks might come into picture in about 4-5 years time. (again exceptions like Netravalkar are always there)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Has there ever been such a sensational performance by anyone in a final? Pooran you beauty! MI get the cup, what a great season this has been.

Thank you to all the organizers and fans who made this possible. This one is going to stay and might as well shut some other T20 leagues. Small short tournament with cricket deprived diaspora, a recipe for success.

I am even more excited for season 2, hopefully we can see even more fans. Only thing for next year would be that it will be after the world cup.

Thank you to all who participated here. Great first season in the books.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Why I feel final is rigged and only QDK didn't know that?...
Post automatically merged:

Whatever it is... Why should I bother... Congrats MI(NY)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Congratulations MI New York!

What was that disco type floodlight setting by the organisers? Just why? :lol
Most stadiums in US have that. When something major happens, like a home run in baseball or a touchdown in football, they would turn of most lights and have that effect.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Good end to the MLC- well organized. If the reports on Cricinfo and Cricbuzz are to be believed, quite a few Americans have been taken by the game. I do expect the MLC to grow. Perhaps, the addition of a few more teams will bring about more fan following.

I feel they missed a trick by not marketing the California Derby to a large extent, but all that can change in the near future. Expect them to have the below teams soon:

New Jersey
Boston
Tampa/Florida
Chicago
Detroit
Phoenix

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Good end to the MLC- well organized. If the reports on Cricinfo and Cricbuzz are to be believed, quite a few Americans have been taken by the game. I do expect the MLC to grow. Perhaps, the addition of a few more teams will bring about more fan following.

I feel they missed a trick by not marketing the California Derby to a large extent, but all that can change in the near future. Expect them to have the below teams soon:

New Jersey
Boston
Tampa/Florida
Chicago
Detroit
Phoenix
I dont think they will expand this quickly. For them to expand, they need good infrastructure setup In few other cities.

Whenever the expansion happens, few other IPL owners will definitively try to get a team.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I dont think they will expand this quickly. For them to expand, they need good infrastructure setup In few other cities.

Whenever the expansion happens, few other IPL owners will definitively try to get a team.

Indeed, it will take a bit of time!

When it happens though, it might be a treat to watch. Expecting the addition of 2 teams after next year's event+T20 CWC.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Congratulations MI New York for winning the title! The IPL rivalry does make it disappointing that they won, but from a more neutral perspective, always admired them for their tenacity of putting out the best possible side that takes the lead and goes out and wins a lot of titles!

Tough luck for the Orcas as they have looked the best side of the season. Its interesting that a side that came 4th in the league phase has won the title. Could that be due to the fact that the season was so short (a 2 week season)? In a 2 month IPL, its pretty damn impossible for sides that finish 3rd or 4th to win a title (only Sunrisers Hyderabad in 2016 achieved this feat).

Great opening season! This should propel MLC further. Consolidate for next 2-3 years and keep building the non-Asian audience engagement (as @icyman said, non-Asians are being enticed to the game) while they prep more stadiums and possibly new teams post that! But continue to keep the seasons short like this

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
But continue to keep the seasons short like this
That is such a key. If this tournament lasted one more week, it would have been boring. A single round robin is perfect since they currently do not have a home and away stadium. I heard Satya Nadella saying next year they will look to welcoming people to Seattle. New York too having a stadium getting ready for WC would help.

My friend who lives in Washington said Freedoms are building a stadium in Georgetown University.

Also for all the expansion talks, I think the Royal Challengers Miami? Central Broward stadium could be their home and Toronto Royals as play in Brampton stadium

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
More stadiums, shorter leagues will help the growth. The last thing the Americans need right now is an overdose of this lovely game.

Really looking forth to the new stadiums that will be coming up soon. Might make watching the WT20 a treat. Worth a trip for sure!

As for Royal Challengers, Boston might be a good starting point...

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
More stadiums, shorter leagues will help the growth. The last thing the Americans need right now is an overdose of this lovely game.

Really looking forth to the new stadiums that will be coming up soon. Might make watching the WT20 a treat. Worth a trip for sure!

As for Royal Challengers, Boston might be a good starting point...
Less Indian crowd in Boston compared to Florida, Chicago, San Diego, Houston, Austin..

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
More then 70000 fans came to the stadium to watch the match generating 3 million dollars in just ticketing sales. I would say a good season in the books.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner

34,000 seater stadium in New York? That sounds exciting! I agree that "home and away" format will be fantastic for Major League in America! But not sure if this dream will be feasible for Season 2 itself since USA needs many more stadiums to fulfill that. But all the possibilities to get there. Fingers crossed that the T20 World Cup 2024 next year propels the game's popularity further in USA and hopefully they use atleast 3-4 stadiums in USA to co-host that tournament.

Users who are viewing this thread