Major League Cricket - USA T20 League - Let The Music Play!!

Who are you supporting?

• Total voters
Leave some for us yaar
I read somewhere that they will be adding some Canadian franchise. I am sure once that happens GT20 might be lose a little charm. Players are getting paid upto $175,000 to play 5 matches which is insane. Comparatively PSL pays $170000 for 10 matches, GT20 pays upto $90,000. SA20 pays $150000 for the tournament The money is going to be insane because of the IPL franchise factor. The only hinderance is can they sustain?

I read somewhere that they will be adding some Canadian franchise. I am sure once that happens GT20 might be lose a little charm. Players are getting paid upto $175,000 to play 5 matches which is insane. Comparatively PSL pays $170000 for 10 matches, GT20 pays upto $90,000. SA20 pays $150000 for the tournament The money is going to be insane because of the IPL franchise factor. The only hinderance is can they sustain?
I'm not a mathematician, I just want to be able to see some cricket in person

I'm not a mathematician, I just want to be able to see some cricket in person
Unfortunately Cricketers are now mathematicians. They go where the flow is!

I believe the current plan is to add a Canadian team or two to MiLC to replace the defunct Florida Beamers team for 2024 though I haven't heard anything relating to a Canadian MLC franchise.

They should combine both leagues in an ideal world. A future expansion should include the CPL too once the US team has a decent side or the West Indian side becomes dire enough.

A combination of four CPL sides, three Canadian ones and five American ones brings us to twelve teams. Either they all play each other once in a single group or get split into two with a ten games per team policy facing each other twice.

They should combine both leagues in an ideal world. A future expansion should include the CPL too once the US team has a decent side or the West Indian side becomes dire enough.

A combination of four CPL sides, three Canadian ones and five American ones brings us to twelve teams. Either they all play each other once in a single group or get split into two with a ten games per team policy facing each other twice.
That would be dream. Imagine a North American Premier League. The only issue I see is they will have to implement ownership max rule lol! LAKR and TKR would have a conflict of interest. But that is definitely a great idea.

How is this for an idea? Some of you know I 3d Print things. I was thinking of 3D printing a bunch of miniature cricket bats that I can take with me and get the players to autograph on.. lol! Morrisville stadium has a capacity of only 3000 so I do not expect huge number of fans in the stadium.

You could have play offs like US sports based on region. Caribbean Conference, NA conference feeding into semi finals or a super six.

You could have play offs like US sports based on region. Caribbean Conference, NA conference feeding into semi finals or a super six.

That was the other idea I had. It could be the prelude before eventually merging the leagues all together as you can have the conference based system even now if player clashes and availability are sorted out.

That was the other idea I had. It could be the prelude before eventually merging the leagues all together as you can have the conference based system even now if player clashes and availability are sorted out.
Thing is, I can't see common sense solutions like this prevailing.

I say solutions in the sense of not having an absolutely crammed schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread