Making bowling more enjoyable, seeing weather/pitch effects etc. - invitation to playtest

I know certainly from changing a kit in academy that didn't take effect in an existing tour, so I expect it will follow with skills/attributes.

I definitely changed the eng test XI, just can't remember if I did the rest of the roster.

My plan ( though may change) is to finish my current rebel tour, then play an "Ashes" with England a Worst XI and Aus. 80s/90s, play other rebel tours (probably only the internationals) and then I've got some other historic stuff to do - I have 1970 South Africa made need to do 1970 Australia, and made 1984 WI need to do 1984 England, and the 2005 Ashes. I guess that's the order I will do the re skilling in, as and when I come to play them.

Once again guys, sorry about not uploading the teams, im about to do it now, just had 0 spare time the last couple of weeks...

And all the teams have been uploaded! Might need to edit certain skills as one doesnt work for all but its got all the world cup teams excluding UAE (Sue me).

And all the teams have been uploaded! Might need to edit certain skills as one doesnt work for all but its got all the world cup teams excluding UAE (Sue me).
is all team available in Funkeyyellowpanda username?

So.....

Australia v West Indies

Same Skills as before
Still on Pro

following on from what I called the best innings of bowling at the AI

West Indies: 197-0 after 52

Never had the AI bat so well

Defensive shots pushed for quick singles, leaving the ball, nudging it around etc.

5 edges. 3 off the quicks flying through slips and wide of gully.

2 off the spinners fling past slip.

Pulling my hair out!!

That looks frustrating but so rewarding at the same time.

I got a thick edge to gully that was caught on the dive last night from a big expansive drive. It was great to see the AI edging it out there.

Started a test using Marks teams. Massive thank you by the way.

South Africa v Pakistan
Pro

Those the three moments of interest during the first sesssion.

Lunch
Pakistan 124/2

What i find strange is I have had more edges today not going to hand than ever seen before. Almost to the point where i'm a bit worried, none of them have gone to a fielder.

What i find odd still, is at the moment my other game where all batsmen have 2 increments, there is no real different to the batsmen in this one who have more.

Think I have come to conclusion that you really have to play the whole test match to see how the AI plays...

Smith 147 in the first innings then......

Started a test using Marks teams. Massive thank you by the way.

South Africa v Pakistan
Pro

Those the three moments of interest during the first sesssion.

Lunch
Pakistan 124/2

What i find strange is I have had more edges today not going to hand than ever seen before. Almost to the point where i'm a bit worried, none of them have gone to a fielder.

What i find odd still, is at the moment my other game where all batsmen have 2 increments, there is no real different to the batsmen in this one who have more.[/QUOTE

Im going to give Markkks updated teams a try. Thanks for all the efforts in updating these skills. I was trying out the rebel teams and

had a cracking test match.

Playing a 3 test match Aus/ Eng ( me bowling) with Markkkks setups. Really enjoyable. On veteran. 39 overs gone and the Aussies are 130 for 1 (Edge to keeper). Real test match cricket....as soon as you stray off line they go for it and otherwise they are just picking up singles and doubles and there are real pressure moments building as the are tied a bit......apart from the things that still need fixing and tweaking this is a very, very good game! Beating the defensive bat by a gnats tampon is such a joy to see....

Edit: Aussies 154 for 2: Bowling change does the trick!! Warner just lost his leg stump with a lovely ball from Mark Wood....scratchy innings for 53 off 132 balls....

Wooohhoooo!! First ever AI runout! Bailey going for a cheeky singel down to third man, direct hit...gone!

What does Boycott always say: shove a couple o' wickets an it dont look so pretty does it...

Englands session pegging them back 254 for 5! Moen keeping one end tight while Wood comes in and does the damage: he's the pick of the bowlers at the mo....really loving it...should be in bed but yeah......

Anderson pins Marsh in front....gone! He's gone....what a good game.....I was really thinking what do I need to do when the Aussies were 200 odd for 2....and then you open up one end and before you know it....great stuff...

237 for 3, 249 for 4, 259 for 5, 271 for 6....all genuine dismissals, no rubbish....brilliant one handed diving catch in the deep to get Smith, Ballance runs out Bailey, Marsch LBW, Warner scuttled.....just great....and playing all the time with at least two slips and a gulley, and more if the new man comes in....feels like genuine hard fought test cricket....

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly my best ever match with this game: to and fro, varied wickets, tough but fair.....

2015-06-29_00001.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread