Making bowling more enjoyable, seeing weather/pitch effects etc. - invitation to playtest

I Played India Vs Scotland , One day world Cup Legend Mode.

Scotland Scores 326 runs in 50 Overs , two case can be happen either my bowling is worst or Scotland is playing like Australia .

Is All Teams skills are same ?

Scotland Scores 326 runs in 50 Overs , two case can be happen either my bowling is worst or Scotland is playing like Australia .

What do you mean are all skills the same....have you been following what this thread is about?

What do you mean are all skills the same....have you been following what this thread is about?

Actually my concern was of current bowling system skill .Top skilled Bowler bowling to Low Skilled Batsman effect .

If you're using my teams then I made Zim, Ban and all associates worst but this kept happening, I think its because with these settings you can't have a massive difference in skill so the teams are all reasonably close so upsets like this will happen more.

Also its so cool seeing everyone enjoying my teams! If only I had a test match where I good get any realistic dismissals, all the teams playing in Lancashire Stadium, England summer yet never get a cloudy day and all dismissals seem forced (Except for one when Misbah drove Tahir first ball but get decieved by the flight and was caught at mid on!). Now all we need is to fix the tail...

Now all we need is to fix the tail...

mate, have a look at how i set up the tail for SA Colts 1982 - on pro i had brilliant results bowling to their tail: edge it early, make a teens score off 30/40 balls or make a quick few and get out hitting.

I think its because with these settings you can't have a massive difference in skill so the teams are all reasonably close so upsets like this will happen more.

Can elaborate what type of setting ?

mate, have a look at how i set up the tail for SA Colts 1982 - on pro i had brilliant results bowling to their tail: edge it early, make a teens score off 30/40 balls or make a quick few and get out hitting.

Okay I'll give that a try, but really the tail and edges/realistic dismissals are stuff that Big Ant should of had fixed since day 1...[DOUBLEPOST=1435568166][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can elaborate what type of setting ?

I have no idea what you are talking about...

Okay I'll give that a try, but really the tail and edges/realistic dismissals are stuff that Big Ant should of had fixed since day 1...

What do you mean by realistic dismissals? I get plenty, edges while defending, LBW's etc. Even had one last night where the Batsman night attempted to block the ball and it took the finest of inside edges onto the stumps.

I've started to find that consistency appears to be an important attribute contrary to my previous thoughts and post in regards to it. It appears to have an effect on how often the batsman finds the middle of the bat. I currently have consistency set at 4 increments above minimum for excellent batsman which seems fairly balanced but I need to test this further.

I've also been playing around with anticipation which seems to relate to how much the batsman moves around in the crease. So for a batsman who doesn't move his feet particularly I will set to minimum while a shuffler, such as Steve Smith I will set to 5 increments above minimum. I think going too high with anticipation causes too much sliding around by the batsman which is very noticeable if I am bowling at a LHBatsman with a RHBowler over the wicket for example where very often the batsman will slide to the offside and just allow the ball to hit him.

As for the tail as well as the batting skills being set very low or zero which is how I set them up, make sure anticipation and consistency are set to minimum also. Lowering strength will also help as should result in more catches and less shots going to the boundary.

What do you mean by realistic dismissals? I get plenty, edges while defending, LBW's etc. Even had one last night where the Batsman night attempted to block the ball and it took the finest of inside edges onto the stumps.

I've started to find that consistency appears to be an important attribute contrary to my previous thoughts and post in regards to it. It appears to have an effect on how often the batsman finds the middle of the bat. I currently have consistency set at 4 increments above minimum for excellent batsman which seems fairly balanced but I need to test this further.

I've also been playing around with anticipation which seems to relate to how much the batsman moves around in the crease. So for a batsman who doesn't move his feet particularly I will set to minimum while a shuffler, such as Steve Smith I will set to 5 increments above minimum. I think going too high with anticipation causes too much sliding around by the batsman which is very noticeable if I am bowling at a LHBatsman with a RHBowler over the wicket for example where very often the batsman will slide to the offside and just allow the ball to hit him.

As for the tail as well as the batting skills being set very low or zero which is how I set them up, make sure anticipation and consistency are set to minimum also. Lowering strength will also help as should result in more catches and less shots going to the boundary.

I ment realistic dismissals from the start. We are getting these results after you and BlockerDave tested and fiddled for hours. If it wasnt for you guys then we wouldnt be getting these dismissals, amd the game would be nearly broken. My question is who tested the game. Who tested the game by playing a test match with teams on full skills and not our reduced skills and thought "No edges, only catches at mid on and mid off, unrealistic fielders, yip good game lets sell it."

Ive got my skills the same as yours for anticipation and consistency but in reality we shouldnt be doing this, the community shouldnt be 'fixing' the game and learning how to skill people, Big Ant should of said this is how to skill and this attribute affects this and this attribute affects that. See the minority of us have an excellent game to play but only because you guys spent so much time reskilling and, once again, 'fixing' the gameplay.

I ment realistic dismissals from the start. We are getting these results after you and BlockerDave tested and fiddled for hours. If it wasnt for you guys then we wouldnt be getting these dismissals, amd the game would be nearly broken. My question is who tested the game. Who tested the game by playing a test match with teams on full skills and not our reduced skills and thought "No edges, only catches at mid on and mid off, unrealistic fielders, yip good game lets sell it."

Ive got my skills the same as yours for anticipation and consistency but in reality we shouldnt be doing this, the community shouldnt be 'fixing' the game and learning how to skill people, Big Ant should of said this is how to skill and this attribute affects this and this attribute affects that. See the minority of us have an excellent game to play but only because you guys spent so much time reskilling and, once again, 'fixing' the gameplay.

I agree it feels like the majority of the testing that was done was PvP otherwise as you say theres no way someone would have tested it and thought "I've bowled an innings there have been no edges and 8 caught and bowleds, perfect!" the same goes with the field changes every couple of deliveries.

Anyhow what's done is done and Big Ant have still released a good game and although we shouldn't be having to fix these issues at least we are able to, for a lot of them at least. Never forget how poor EA07 was out of the box until people such as Tutsi and AbBh improved it vastly.

in reality we shouldnt be doing this, the community shouldnt be 'fixing' the game and learning how to skill people, Big Ant should of said this is how to skill and this attribute affects this and this attribute affects that. See the minority of us have an excellent game to play but only because you guys spent so much time reskilling and, once again, 'fixing' the gameplay.

true, the only valid criticism you can throw at Big Ant in regards to their otherwise fantastic engagement/support on this product is that they never provided any sort of clarity whatsoever regarding skills, attributes and their effect on gameplay. i'm just glad @cooks1st100 persisted with bowling enough to get somewhere - until he told me about this i was just batting and simming, or more often playing Civ 5!

We are getting these results after you and BlockerDave tested and fiddled for hours.

I'm still fiddling with it for hours! Can't remember the last time I played a whole match. There's constantly something I feel I can improve or fix. My current issue is the cutshot to full pitched deliveries which seemed to have practically disappeared for a while but then I messed around with the attributes and they are back with a vengeance!

I'm trying to set up my 360 console game with restatted skill points. Is anyone else re skilling teams for the 360?....or will these amended teams work on all pc and different consoles? I have two 'testing' teams...Durham and Tasmania....play 50 over games and have been getting some good matches. Dismissals include lbw, caught behind, the usual caught at mid off/on, batsman playing on. BUT....no slip/gully catches and no run outs. Can anyone suggest how to skill players for the chance of the occasional run out.

Addendum......I play on Amateur skill level...May be a daft question but does the skill level that you play on make any difference to reskilled teams.

Last edited:
I'm trying to set up my 360 console game with restatted skill points. Is anyone else re skilling teams for the 360?....or will these amended teams work on all pc and different consoles? I have two 'testing' teams...Durham and Tasmania....play 50 over games and have been getting some good matches. Dismissals include lbw, caught behind, the usual caught at mid off/on, batsman playing on. BUT....no slip/gully catches and no run outs. Can anyone suggest how to skill players for the chance of the occasional run out.

The amended teams work across all platforms but have no to minimal effect in career mode. there appears to be no way to skills players for run-outs although I have had some very close calls which I am sure is because I have run and acceleration set to minimum and arm speed set generally high. Besides this you will just have to wait for the console patch which will address the lack of run-outs and from the feedback from the PC guys, appears to be much improved.

Users who are viewing this thread