Making bowling more enjoyable, seeing weather/pitch effects etc. - invitation to playtest

It seems that there is a bigger equation in the different skill settings than we thought....so one or two increments can make a big difference......

Yeah definitely. BF/FF is a very noticeable one for example. 11 increments is as high as you can go while still keeping the AI balanced in my opinion. Move it up to 12 and they start trying to smash everything and going aerial.

Sorry for asking, but @Markkkkk , which teams have you uploaded with these lowered settings? And under which name again? lol

Want to try out a competition mode with all the crappies.lol

7 weeks off after next week. So am going to really put these skills through some serious testing.

Trying to think of a methodical way of doing it though as last time i even confused myself!!

The best way I have found is to make the batsmen the same type and give them the same amount of skills to begin with and always make sure that you play on the same pitch type. I would also say that it is best to bowl with the same team also, in case the AI reacts differently depending on the skill level of the bowlers. They may be more aggressive against lower skilled bowlers for example.

This way you can get a better reading of any differences that may occur when you alter something. As Zim said just change one attribute at a time. I just test the top 6 batsmen and will adjust only 3 of them so that i can compare between the adjusted and non-adjusted. I tend to bowl at least 20 overs to get a feel of things but on many occasions I will pick up on something almost instantly so will exit and go back into the academy to make adjustments.

I have only just begun to take this approach and is definitely the reason why I finally picked up on what consistency does. I wish I had followed this process this a couple of months back!

The best way I have found is to make the batsmen the same type and give them the same amount of skills to begin with and always make sure that you play on the same pitch type. I would also say that it is best to bowl with the same team also, in case the AI reacts differently depending on the skill level of the bowlers. They may be more aggressive against lower skilled bowlers for example.

This way you can get a better reading of any differences that may occur when you alter something. As Zim said just change one attribute at a time. I just test the top 6 batsmen and will adjust only 3 of them so that i can compare between the adjusted and non-adjusted. I tend to bowl at least 20 overs to get a feel of things but on many occasions I will pick up on something almost instantly so will exit and go back into the academy to make adjustments.

I have only just begun to take this approach and is definitely the reason why I finally picked up on what consistency does. I wish I had followed this process this a couple of months back!

Agree with all of this, although one thing I would say, is I have seen a team play totally different in the first innings compared to second. Even though you get that initial feel of how things are, it seems like a true representation is only discovered after a longer duration,

Just bowled 30 overs and the game crashed again. I'm having issues with the game crashing after I take a wicket.

Agree with all of this, although one thing I would say, is I have seen a team play totally different in the first innings compared to second. Even though you get that initial feel of how things are, it seems like a true representation is only discovered after a longer duration,

I haven't actually made it through to the second innings of a match in such a long time I wouldn't know! :). You will however get a feel for things such as shot power and balance between bat and ball. I have noticed the AI react in a different manner at times, one example that particularly sticks out was Duminy in a county match who just didn't appear interested in scoring runs. I think he scored something like 6 from around 80 balls faced while his partner was scoring at a reasonable rate. Once his partner had got out however, he started playing shots and made a fifty within the next 40 balls.

I still find it so hard to believe that there is no form of scripting in this game of some sort.

25 overs gone South Africa are 78/1 Elgar went for 2 defensive shot outside edge on to off stump sent it flying. Very nice!!

2 and 3 batted pretty well.

I'm not playing with a mid on or mid off so they cant throw their wicket away there. However I do have a sweeper out at deep extra cover.

What happens? He slaps it in the air flat out to him on the boundary. The only man outside the circle to break the partnership. It is infuriating as it totally ruins the feeling of the match and just feels like the AI gave me it.

I still find it so hard to believe that there is no form of scripting in this game of some sort.

25 overs gone South Africa are 78/1 Elgar went for 2 defensive shot outside edge on to off stump sent it flying. Very nice!!

2 and 3 batted pretty well.

I'm not playing with a mid on or mid off so they cant throw their wicket away there. However I do have a sweeper out at deep extra cover.

What happens? He slaps it in the air flat out to him on the boundary. The only man outside the circle to break the partnership. It is infuriating as it totally ruins the feeling of the match and just feels like the AI gave me it.

I had this once, a guy batted making 60 off 130+ balls, barely a lofted shot in the innings. Like you I often play without mid- off/on to avoid stupid wickets. He though was beginning to score (grounded shots) quite heavily through mid-on so I moved mid-wicket to deep mid-on. 2 balls later he lofts it straight to mid-on. Was just so discouraging.

What makes it worse is there are so many fantastic ways of dismissal in this game. More than any other game has offered. So the chip to a fielder feels sooo cheap.

It it is scripted, script me an edge intsead ha!

I had this once, a guy batted making 60 off 130+ balls, barely a lofted shot in the innings. Like you I often play without mid- off/on to avoid stupid wickets. He though was beginning to score (grounded shots) quite heavily through mid-on so I moved mid-wicket to deep mid-on. 2 balls later he lofts it straight to mid-on. Was just so discouraging.

At some point during my matches, when an AI batsman has been punishing me, I will bring in a fielder to the Mid - on/off area, but only the one, or the other. Not both. Have not been successful with it on Legend, as they then play to the open area, but if I was to get a wickets from that, I would just pat myself on the back, and say "Good filed adjustment there", and pretend it's all a coincidence. hahahaha. I mean, the bloke has got to go sometime.....lol. Then iwth the new batsman, I would just move them out of the area again.

At some point during my matches, when an AI batsman has been punishing me, I will bring in a fielder to the Mid - on/off area, but only the one, or the other. Not both. Have not been successful with it on Legend, as they then play to the open area, but if I was to get a wickets from that, I would just pat myself on the back, and say "Good filed adjustment there", and pretend it's all a coincidence. hahahaha. I mean, the bloke has got to go sometime.....lol. Then iwth the new batsman, I would just move them out of the area again.

yeah, i will generally have one or the other, or put the guy at long-on/off.

Users who are viewing this thread