Making bowling more enjoyable, seeing weather/pitch effects etc. - invitation to playtest

Started thinking, while I'm playing this world cup comp.....When we bat, our chances of edging becomes much less, when we play aggressive ground shots (LT + RT), instead of just the shot stick. Now, what are the chances that this is actually the problem with the AI? It seems to me, that most of the shots they play, looks like the are aggressive ground shots(Except for blocking and aerial shots of course)? Could this not be the reason, that we see so few edges from the AI?

Started thinking, while I'm playing this world cup comp.....When we bat, our chances of edging becomes much less, when we play aggressive ground shots (LT + RT), instead of just the shot stick. Now, what are the chances that this is actually the problem with the AI? It seems to me, that most of the shots they play, looks like the are aggressive ground shots(Except for blocking and aerial shots of course)? Could this not be the reason, that we see so few edges from the AI?

This point was raised long time back, i.e. the edges for human players increase by a huge margin when they play standard shots on the off side as compared to when they play aggressive ground shots (L2 + R2 pressed). Logically it would make sense for it to be the other way round or at the very minimum reduce the no. of edges through the off side to at the same level as when you play aggressive ground shots (L2 + R2).

Paging @HBK619 and @fiction so they can address reduced edge frequency for human users while playing through off side using regular shots (without any trigger pressed). Right now playing regular shots through off side is a dismissal waiting to happen and edge frequency needs to be calibrated to be, at the very least, in line with aggressive ground shots through off side.

This point was raised long time back, i.e. the edges for human players increase by a huge margin when they play standard shots on the off side as compared to when they play aggressive ground shots (L2 + R2 pressed). Logically it would make sense for it to be the other way round or at the very minimum reduce the no. of edges through the off side to at the same level as when you play aggressive ground shots (L2 + R2).

Paging @HBK619 and @fiction so they can address reduced edge frequency for human users while playing through off side using regular shots (without any trigger pressed). Right now playing regular shots through off side is a dismissal waiting to happen and edge frequency needs to be calibrated to be, at the very least, in line with aggressive ground shots through off side.

I have to say, that in the last few games that I have played :

Match,Tour & Competition Experiences | Page 41 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum on PlanetCricket Forums

I haven't had many edges from batting with just the shot stick on the offside. I had to adjust my timing of the shots, before I could really start playing without the LT+RT buttons, but I'm comfortable enough now, not to really use them. There are only certain shots I use them with now (Especially against spinners). But I agree, it should be the other way around. Just the shot stick, should be easier to play, and not edge. With LT+RT, it's as if timing does not matter.

Thanks guys for all the tweaking.. Used WI Rebels XI vs England Rebels XI ODI match (Pro).. Played for England.. Was shot out for 114 with sublime fast bowling and my impatience.. Thought the match was over but with 2 spinners got WI out for 60.. they literally struggled to pick my spin and was really enjoyed.. last 3 wickets with caught behind of fast bowling.. was awesome..

Just wanted to check, I have always dominated while bowling in pro, hence went to Veteran for improving AI's chances.. pls advise if I am using the right teams? Few edge (Caught behind) was amazing but few I read where they got edges, I got none.. Pls advise If I am going in the right direction? I have read quite a few pages but might have missed the same.. apologies if I am repeating the question on using the right team?

Thanks guys for all the tweaking.. Used WI Rebels XI vs England Rebels XI ODI match (Pro).. Played for England.. Was shot out for 114 with sublime fast bowling and my impatience.. Thought the match was over but with 2 spinners got WI out for 60.. they literally struggled to pick my spin and was really enjoyed.. last 3 wickets with caught behind of fast bowling.. was awesome..

Just wanted to check, I have always dominated while bowling in pro, hence went to Veteran for improving AI's chances.. pls advise if I am using the right teams? Few edge (Caught behind) was amazing but few I read where they got edges, I got none.. Pls advise If I am going in the right direction? I have read quite a few pages but might have missed the same.. apologies if I am repeating the question on using the right team?

After a cracking game like you have just described.....why do you need to ask if you are using the right team(s)? They seem right to me.

edges seem much harder to come by in veteran

After a cracking game like you have just described.....why do you need to ask if you are using the right team(s)? They seem right to me.
Aland, what I am saying is the opposition literally struggled to pick my bowling.. whereas I read that the teams were aggressive and playing according to the rate.. hence asked.. would you know the list of teams that are tweaked?

Aland, what I am saying is the opposition literally struggled to pick my bowling.. whereas I read that the teams were aggressive and playing according to the rate.. hence asked.. would you know the list of teams that are tweaked?

depending on when you downloaded them, the West Indies Rebels are tweaked. Was it England Rebels 1982 or 1990? 1982 are tweaked, 1990 aren't yet. Also, the latest England Rebels 1982 are renamed to SAB English XI which was their official name: download those they are tweaked.

The AI, tweaked or not, does have a problem scoring vs spin in limited overs: it's bizarre because they smack them in first class!

depending on when you downloaded them, the West Indies Rebels are tweaked. Was it England Rebels 1982 or 1990? 1982 are tweaked, 1990 aren't yet. Also, the latest England Rebels 1982 are renamed to SAB English XI which was their official name: download those they are tweaked.

The AI, tweaked or not, does have a problem scoring vs spin in limited overs: it's bizarre because they smack them in first class!
Thanks mate! Will try it today.. Probably play a test match.. I definitely have to improve my patience though, esp to play a 50 over match, leave alone a test! Only my bowling saved the day for me in the other match..

Sorry mate....I wasn't having a pop at you...I maybe didn't understand your post. Everyone is looking for beautifully balanced teams (skills and stuff) and we all need to thank the guys who are doing this and are gracious enough to upload their hard work onto the fan hub. Blockerdave mentioned that some teams 'gameplay' is better in the longer version of games.....I'm playing my first 5 day test match and its great....and I'm usually a massive 50 overs fan.

Sorry mate....I wasn't having a pop at you...I maybe didn't understand your post. Everyone is looking for beautifully balanced teams (skills and stuff) and we all need to thank the guys who are doing this and are gracious enough to upload their hard work onto the fan hub. Blockerdave mentioned that some teams 'gameplay' is better in the longer version of games.....I'm playing my first 5 day test match and its great....and I'm usually a massive 50 overs fan.

Np Aland! I am ever grateful to this community for their hard work and their nature to share their hard work. What I am also doing is trying to learn with the community to improve my experience. As I am not an expert and haven't tweaked, was thinking to leverage the hard work of the community..

Hence my post of seeing if we can consolidate the list of teams that have been tweaked to enable us create a tournament.. If anybody can PM me the ones they know, I can consolidate and share it in one single post for everybody's benefit! Apologies if my post was not clear! Cheers..!

Had a fascinating test match thus far between SAB England (My team) vs West Indies Rebels on Pro.. WI batting first have made 180/7 in 77 Overs.. has been a gruelling test thus far with either sides not letting an inch.. They were going at 145/3 where they were batting comfortably with Embury taking 2 wickets.. Introduction of Willey made all the difference.. I took the Around the stump line and started drifting in and out foxing the batsmen.. Had to be very patient when I got the wicket at 145/4, 155/5, 162/6, 168/7.. Yet to finish the day's play, but was fascinating due between the bat & the ball.. Wickets were couple of them from Mid On/Mid Off (usually irritating but saviour to keep going), 1 bowled, 2 caught at deep square leg, 2 at mid wicket.. 4 wickets to Willey and 3 to Embury with none to fast bowlers or underwood.. Will keep you guys posted..!

So it turns out that Gerhardt Abrahams is the greatest T20 player ingame so I need to fix that... Sadly im studying and going to the nets today so there wont be much uploading for a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread