Making bowling more enjoyable, seeing weather/pitch effects etc. - invitation to playtest

Has anyone found a way to stop the AI from playing the cut shot to balls that are going on to hit the stumps? I've actually stopped playing on soft pitches as it is the only way I can reduce the suicide shot.

Has anyone found a way to stop the AI from playing the cut shot to balls that are going on to hit the stumps? I've actually stopped playing on soft pitches as it is the only way I can reduce the suicide shot.

I would actually pay real money if that shot could be completly removed from the game, ruins it.

I would actually pay real money if that shot could be completly removed from the game, ruins it.

I've tried everything Dutch, as I say my only solution at the moment is playing games only on hard wickets but they will still play it at times, even to yorkers aimed at leg stump! I've been hoping that the introduction of the square drive would reduce or replace it completely but there has been very little mentioned regarding the difference in AI batting since the patches.

Then you have people saying that playing off-side shots while batting has become less edgy so it sounds like the bowling side of things has actually been made worse rather than improved. I sincerely hope this is not the case.

I've tried everything Dutch, as I say my only solution at the moment is playing games only on hard wickets but they will still play it at times, even to yorkers aimed at leg stump! I've been hoping that the introduction of the square drive would reduce or replace it completely but there has been very little mentioned regarding the difference in AI batting since the patches.

Then you have people saying that playing off-side shots while batting has become less edgy so it sounds like the bowling side of things has actually been made worse rather than improved. I sincerely hope this is not the case.

I don't think (at present) the AI will play the new shots. I could be way off but I get the impression they are "superficial" additions in that they are there for the human player, I don't think they've touched the AI in terms of it's shot selection for better or worse.

similarly I think human and AI edge probabilities are unrelated (which is unquestionably a very very bad thing, since the AI can do things we can't which is cheating).

Played a casual match using @blockerdave 's England Rebel and Weaklings, and what an experience it was...WOW!!!! So realistic had great moments from the match mix of all wk catches, slips, caught others and bowled...Really awesome feel to play...Played on Pro as that's the max difficulty to get realistic edges and great experience in bowling...Apart from the irritating cut shot[which according to me should be stopped completely] the shot were really good...Tonnes of misses, some really close and some surprise bouncers which had graphical edges but not the out edge....
Pics showing those graphical edges, would have loved of these were considered output edges in the game especially the leg side glace edging hitting the pad and WK catching...
2015-07-12_00002.jpg 2015-07-12_00003.jpg 2015-07-12_00004.jpg 2015-07-12_00005.jpg 2015-07-12_00006.jpg

The Scorecard:

2015-07-12_00007.jpg

Could someone please give me an update on what the best teams are on the academy for realistic gameplay?

How many have been edited?

As a starting point England and Australia would be nice for the Ashes I'm planning on doing :)

Have been playing a bit more since my earlier feedback - I won't have detailed breakdowns but I'll share thoughts from more playing time (no alterations to skills until I've played long enough).

I actually got a thick edge off a spinner! I just assumed this was an impossibility until now. However, my bowling has been more consistent since my first forays into playing full length bowling innings, and with that I have paradoxically found dismissals harder to come by. (mainly because I don't bowl outside leg by mistake only for a bowled off pads)

My most common is still 'played onto the stumps from a cut shot'. Then lofted shots to deep third man or mid on/off. There is a lot of playing and missing to balls just outside off, but very few edges, and they seem to hit everything on the stumps themselves. I'm still yet to see a bat pad beyond that weird forward leave that makes a really solid noise off the bat after defending with the pads. With only the very occasional excpetion, the only way I've managed to beat the batsman as a spinner is to bowl often outside off, then try and fire or float one onto leg stump.

My suspicion from bowling on various formats is that the timing/physics seems to vary between them.
However, I haven't played enough to tell whether that is a fluke of different pitches and conditions.

I tested some combinations.In my Experiments Skills at middle bar for normal +1 or 2 fr good batsman with Onside and offside to zero makes the AI Play realistic shots even the cut above slip looks like an edge or uppercut.It seems Onside offside points add power and increase the range so you get sixes of late cut over slips if it is not on zero.

Just to see what the outcome would be/maybe get a baseline to work from. I played a game between Eng and Afghanistan. I reduced the batting skills for the first 5 Afghan batsmen to zero. The outcome surprised me! I expected little if anything in the way of defensive strokes, let alone any attacking one's. They scored runs no problem. Still played the occasional cut shot over slips to Yorker length deliveries. They made 80 runs by the time I wrapped up the fifth wicket!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread