Story Mental Blank - What was meant to go here?

FC Game

Mental Blank Do It Easy

It was a partially cloudy day at gogocar CG and the pitch was green. Suprisngly gogocar won the toss and elected to bat first.

I am sure later that this decision was regretted because gogocar fell to 3/66 with some great bowling by Dixon (2/17 off 9 overs), Bradshaw (2/39 off 13 and spin bowler Shackell (3/8 off 2.5 overs). gogocar were all bowled out for 159 runs.

Bradshaw appeals... and gets a wicket!

Even though the pitch was green Mental Blank made full use of the poor bowling. Dodds made a great 79 runs whilst Ted Basson, the first man to score a century in OD games for Mental Blank was also the first man to score a century in FC games, he was out for 105. Richardson made 110 and then when it looked like we were going to have a bit of a collapse Bradshaw and Pearse combined to score 103* and 78*. Bradshaw making his first century in a competitive game. Mental Blank declared on 6/607.

Ted Basson celebrates bringing up his hundred and he is pleased as punch.

gogocar were never really in the hunt in the second innings. Whilst everyone bowled well Mr Steven Pearse was the stand out taking 6/27 off 15.1 overs bowled. A great performance. Because captain Martyn Lampard thought the game was well and truly over he decided he would give Dave Richardson a bowl. Dave is a worthless bowler with worthless consistency. Though he didn't do too bad only going for 21 runs in his 4 overs, including 1 maiden. gogocar were bowled out for 177 and Mental Blank won by an innings and 271runs.

"It was a great performance by us. We didn't give them anything. Our batsmen really backed up our bowlers efforts. We nearly collapsed in our batting innings but luckily Bradders (Bradshaw) and Pearsey (Pearse) came through for us at the right time. Pearse's bowling was just remarkable. He is really showing his skills".

My reaction after the game. Boy am I pleased to get a win.

OD Game

Mental Blank Go 2 in 2 in OD

Mental Blank were playing their first OD home game of the season. All the boys were pumped. The pitch was flat and the was cloudy but the sun did come through at some stage and the opposition was Pitch Invaders. We won the toss and had no hesitation in batting first.

It started out great for us. Dodds and Dunn, my wicket-keeper batsmen that has never openend the batting before really gave it to the bowlers. It is funny because Dodds is a destructive batsmen and Dunn is steady. Dunn was the first to go on 140 off only 109, the innnings included 14 fours and 4 sixes :eek:. The wicket came after the opening pair put on a record stand of 214. Not only did Dunn break his highest OD score (61*), he also scored his first century and broke the highest score from one batsmen in Mental Blank history. Dodds also got his first century and he was dismissed on 111 off 129 balls. Richardson came in and continued the pain for Pitch Invaders he ended not out on 73 and Sayce up the other end was also not dissmissed for 24. Mental Blank completed their 50 overs with a score of 2/358.

Nelson Dunn plays another great cover-drive on his way to 140

It all went horribly wrong for Pitch Invaders. They fell to 5/82 at one stage and they never got back into the game. Funnily enough all of the bowlers picked up two wickets each. Though the standouts were, Dixon, 2/43off his ten overs. Quick man Bradshaw picked up 2/52 off ten overs and spin bowler Shackell did well for his 2/34 off 8.4. Pitch Invaders were bowled out for a below par 195 runs.

Karl Shackell (second from right) and team mates celebrate another wicket

Mental Blank won by 163 runs​

Here is the Reporter's Summary. We really outclassed them in every facet:

Reporter's Summary
Mental Blank Pitch Invaders
Top Order: mediocre woeful
Middle Order: mediocre woeful
Lower Order: worthless abysmal
Seam Bowling: mediocre abysmal
Spin Bowling: mediocre abysmal
Fielding: woeful woeful

Not suprisngly Nelson Dunn was named Man of The Match. His contribution was 140 and 1 catch behind the stumps.

"It was an awesome performance. We batted great and made full use of the flat track. I am so happy for my batsmen, getting your first ton is always special. We also bowled really well. We let them go a bit but we finishied them off and got the win. Currently being second I am very happy with that though next week we have a tough game so I am looking foward to it."

My reaction after the game. A great result.

Last edited:
Poll

I have added a poll! So everyone get down to voting :cool:

Also thanks to all those that have posted in this thread so far. Your comments are appreciated :)

:cheers,
Left_Hander

Training Update

Training Update

Monday is the day you look foward to seeing if any of your players "popped" or increased a level. Unluckily we had now pops this week. We hope we can get some in future weeks.

Also I like the fact that you two are supporting me heaps and believing in the fact my team can do so bad. Keep posting! :D

What about me!
Your comments are great though those were the last to post so I thanked them.

If you don't want negative support, don't have the option in the poll! :)

That would sound arrogant and the rest of the world doesn't like Australians being arrogant don't they.

Big Win For Mental Blank!

We were playing this week's FC game at home. Our flat pitch was prepared for us and our opposition was chipper11. Though unluckily for us chipper11 won the toss and elected to bat first.

chipper11's innings never really took off. Their highest score of the innings was 83 by Mr Phelan. The rest made starts but never went on to get a big score. The stand-outs in the bowling were Hadland (3/21 off 14 overs), Bradshaw (3/38 off 16 overs) and Dixon (2/43 off 16 overs). Though Captain Lampard thought it would be a good idea if he rested his front line bowlers and gave himself and Richardson a bowl. The returns were shocking with Richardson (0/89 off 12 overs) and Lampard (0/32 off 6 overs). chipper11 were bowled out for 278.

Richardson was dissmised for 49 though it looked like Mental Blank were going to crusie to getting a lead when they were 3/162 though a batting collapse saw them to be all out for 273. Sayce scored 76 and Henry 52. chipper11 had a 5 run lead at this stage.

Bill Sayce raises his bat as he reaches his 50​

It all went pearsheaped for chipper11 in their second innings. No batsmen made it over 30 as Mental Blank routed chipper11 for 159. Bradshaw was easily the pick of the bowlers collecting 4/28 off his 9 overs.

Bradshaw celebrates another wicket​

Mental Blank were never troubled in their chase. They only lost the one wicket of Richardson for 58. Dodds (67*) and Sayce (26*) went unbeaten as Mental Blank won by 9 wickets

"We played with real character over the three days. We gave them a lead but bowled brillantly in the second innnings to set up an easy target. We collected all the points and I am extremely happy with that performance."

My reaction after the game...

Mental Blank Put In A Good Effort But Not Good Enough

We had an away game for this OD Clash. We were coming up against the competition leaders, Western Eagles and the pitch was dusty. We won the toss and elected to bowl first.

This was the pitch that awaited us. Looks pretty dusty if you ask me.​

Ross was the stand out performer for the Eagles. He top scored with 94. Nelson was the next best with 79. Hadland was the pick of the bowlers picking up 2/51 off his ten overs. Western Eagles completed their 50 overs on 4/310.

The away side put in a good effort but not good enough for us to get the win. Dodds made a great inninngs of 62 and Sayce made 80. This is the first time he has been dismissed in a OD League Game this season :eek:. Henry (32) and Pearse (29*) showed courage but they couldn't get us over the line. Petrose was the destroyer taking 5/53 off 9.1 overs. Mental Blank were bowled out for 270. We lost the game by 40 runs.

Dodds gets bowled by Ohalloran​

"I am pleased with that performance. We tried really hard but were outmuscled. I think next time we play the Eagles we will be better prepared. We must look foward to the next games."

My reaction. Dissapointed but I am proud of my boys.

Last edited:
Training Update

Monday is the day you look foward to seeing if any of your players "popped" or increased a level. Unluckily we had now pops this week and this is really starting to frustrate me. We hope we can get some in future weeks.

Great story LH :clap

It's good to see you writing some of your own stuff after providing a lot of support for other people

Unfortunately, my prediction is that Mental Blank will be lucky to get away with more than a bottom of the table finish. ;)

Nice work :D

Users who are viewing this thread