Story Mental Blank - What was meant to go here?

No problem mate. I wish more people would post in this story as it is quality :)

Thanks. That is a big call. I do get a bit annoyed about the lack of comments but Battrick isn't a game a lot of people have heard of so I can't expect heaps. You should start playing! :)

Yes! I'm in your story today. Woot! :D

Sorry I don't do friendly updates. Though your victory was a good one. I thought my bowlers could of defended that.

I tell you, your team has grown/is growing stronger week by week. Thats fantastic. :)

That is a nice comment. Training is great and getting pops is very nice. I hope my team will one day be able to beat your's. You somehow most of the time beat the big guns, something my team can't do :(

Yeah, well done. Got my vote in SOTM:)

Why, thankyou. It was a shock to be nominated, but to get a vote is fantastic.

On a story note, I will do the training update when I feel like it :D. (Hopefully tonight, maybe tommorow and at worst on Saturday)

:cheers,
Left_Hander

Training Update

Training happened today (actually on Monday :p) and I got one pop:

Nelson Dunn - 19 yo, BT Rating=24,785
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, sublime
A steady player with respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: superb
Batting: proficient Concentration: respectable
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: strong
Fielding: woeful

My reaction: A nice pop. Should assist his batting greatly. Now arguably the second best batsmen in my team. A great player :)

Hopefully next week more pops will follow!

Aww, what! No friendly updates! That was no friendly! That was the Planetcricket League! :p

I'm shocked and appalled. :p

Nah, it's cool. :(

Aww, what! No friendly updates! That was no friendly! That was the Planetcricket League! :p

I'm shocked and appalled. :p

Nah, it's cool. :(
Haha! Didn't think your reaction would be so bad. I might do a bit of an overview of when the Champions League starts, though nothing to serious.

Don't have enough time.

Nice update mate, appears to be a decent batsman. Shame he is a bit of a Panesar in the field

You would be suprised how little time you would need to play the game. Some users only log in every couple of days.

Oh and he is a wicket-keeper, fielding isn't essentially neccesary.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crushing Win Keeps Confidence Up!

13/11/07

I was to lazy to set orders and I was playing a 90% full strength side against a bot. The pitch was flat and I elected to bowl first which was kinda a good thing and the opposition was act (yes that is their team name)

The innings didn't last all that long with act being bowled out in the 28th over, having only score 27 runs, 10 of which were extras. Three bowlers were only required by Mental Blank. Bradshaw (6/18 off 13 overs and 8 maidens), Hadland (3/0 off 14 overs and 14 maidens - not conceding a run off any of his 14 overs :eek:) and Faulkner (1/1 off 1 over).

Bradshaw appeals for a wicket as the umpire raises his finger​

Mental Blank's openers's minds were set to get after the bowling and they did just that. Both opening batsmen had a strike rate of better than 100 and between them scored 49 fours and 5 sixes. When Captain Lampard decided to close the innings the score was 1/605, with Richardson unbeaten on 308*, Basson departing on 264 and Lampard ending on 4*. Richardson and Basson's opening standing ended on a whopping 592 runs.

Richardson flicks the ball through the leg-side in his un-beaten 306*

After deciding to rest some of my bowlers due to PFL reasons, act's innings went a bit longer than planned. Dixon (3/10 off 13 overs, 7 maidens), Bradshaw (3/22 off 8 overs) and Hadland (2/11 off 6 overs). act were bowled out for 79 in 44.1 overs.

Mental Blank won by an innings and 499 runs. A huge victory.

My reaction: A great victory. All of the boys played well and deserved the win. Richardson's batting was superb and don't forget about Basson. Hadland was his usual sensational self. An awesome performance. I would just like to dedicate this great win to Highlander who has supported my club all of this season. He has been a great supporter to me and the club. Thanks mate! :)

Man, you are obsessesd. A reply after one minute, amazing!

That means the story crosses 50 posts! :happy

That is very nice. It is kind of strange because you are the biggest follower of this story (then Suren, in terms of posts) and you don't even play Battrick. Very strange. Because usually the people who follow them play, like when Zorax had his TT Lions story/stories.

Well I feel that every member of this forum needs support with their story writing and I hope I can help them along with positive feedback

That was a huge victory.. You know, all the subcontinent matches got struck up with BT bug. Matches were finished on Day 2 with multiple runs of the game on the same day.

My match happened 4 times on the same day and ruined my PFL levels of the players but it got sorted to a extent in end after reporting in BUGs sledging thread.

That is a nice comment. Training is great and getting pops is very nice. I hope my team will one day be able to beat your's. You somehow most of the time beat the big guns, something my team can't do :(

haha.. You never know, my team is playing like a typical Indian team.. They suprise me too with a win over certain big teams but annoy me as well with loss against unexpected teams. Yesterday's league game irritated me with a loss. :mad

OD Game!

Dunn Strikes His Second 100 Whilst Mental Blank Wins Convincingly

16/11/07

Our flat pitch was prepared for Friday's one day clash and the weather was cloudy and the sun was still getting through. Oneoffthewrist was the opposition - a team that we have never beaten until the first game this season. We were confident about winning but weren't 100% sure if a win was coming our way.

We won the toss and elected to bat and we fell to 1/1. Richardson and Lampard both looked to repair the innings until Lampard was run-out for 24, Richardson 30. Dunn came to the crease and never looked like letting-up on the bowlers. He scored 124* off 110 balls including 10 4's and 1 6. His second ton of this season and his career. Every other batsmen never really got going, they all made starts but couldn't go on with it. Bradshaw was the second highest scorer with 40* 5 fours which the only took 27 balls to score those 40 runs. Mental Blank finishied their innnings on 6/300.

Dunn celebrates bringing up his century.

Oneoffthewrist had a good opening partnership but struggled after that. They went from 0/68 to 10/153. That is a collapse of 85 runs. Our bowler's bowled really well to keep it tight and gave them nothing. Star bowlers were, Shackell, 3/23 off 8.5 overs and Pearse, 3/8 off 5 overs. Both spinners doing the most damage.

Pearse was very economical in his spell - his rewards were 3 wickets.

So Mental Blank won by 147 runs.

My reaction: This is a great win. I was a bit doubtful about today's game but my boys played great. We have been playing fantastic cricket as of late and I am confident that we can continue this good run. We also sold all of our ground's seats out today. A great acheivement, we might have to expand our ground soon :)

Attendance: 12500
Standing: 5500
Uncovered Seats: 5000
Covered Seats: 1500
Members area: 500

Special Report!

Wow another victory. Mental Blank are on fire.

Great work still mate :)

Of course we are on fire. We are quite possibly the best side on PlanetCricket :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Blank's Keep On Winning & The Fans Keep On Coming

Written by Mr. B. Owlers

Why do the fans of Mental Blank keep on coming back? The local cricket side has put on some nice performances as of late and they are getting fans to become members left-right-and-centre. We caught up with club chairman, Left_Hander:

Mr. B. Owelrs: Why do you think the fans keep on coming back?

Me: We are playing great cricket and who wouldn't want to watch my team go around the park doing that?

MrO: Fair point. What is key to having a good cricket team?

Me: Good players and good coach (me) and good background staff. Training is really important and sports psycologists help as well. Our finances are well managed so we are never in a spot of bother there and our PR Officers promote the club very well.

MrO: Now to the more casual stuff. Are you a batsmen or a bowler?

Me: Defiently a batsmen.

MrO: Who is your favourite cricketer?

Me: At the moment, Michael Hussey.

MrO: Last but not least, where do you expect to finish in your leagues this season?

Me: 2nd in OD and 3rd in FC.

MrO: Thanks for your time and good luck in future matches!

Training Update

Today was the training update. We didn't get any skill pops but I noticed that Roland Hadland got an experience pop. It went from abysmal to woeful. Hopefully next week training will be a bit more kinder to us.

Users who are viewing this thread