Story Mental Blank - What was meant to go here?

There is no doubt that, you will get more and more members if you keep on winning. ;) Good luck for the league game tomorrow and Sunday's PC league game. :thumbs

There is no doubt that, you will get more and more members if you keep on winning. ;) Good luck for the league game tomorrow and Sunday's PC league game. :thumbs

Yeah, I have just cracked the 1000 mark. I have exactly 1000 members now :cool:

Yeah, he'll need some luck for that one. ;)

I am resting my big name players because I have a very important game next Friday, GFI. I think you will win quite easily.

Yeah, he'll need some luck for that one. ;)

We(Division 3 teams) are all on almost same level and need definitely huge loads of luck to provide atleast some ressistance against you experienced people. ( Div1/2 teams) ;)

FC Game!

Carlton CC Crushed, Mental's Keep On Winning!

20/11/07

This week in FC we were scheduled to play Carlton CC at Carlton CG. My boys made the trip across and their Hard & Fast Pitch was prepared. Carlton CC won the toss and fielded.

Stoltz and Henry strode out to the wicket with purpose as both looked to hit the bad balls and block out the good ones. The first wicket falling with the score on 145, Henry dismissed for 76. Sayce then joined Stoltz and the two both played brilliantly. Stoltz was out for 119 and Sayce, not out on 155. Fenoughty was dismissed for 39 and Lampard was 29*. Mental Blank declaring on 3/452.

Stoltz celebrates bringing up his first ever 100

Carlton CC's batsmen never really going to give my bowlers any trouble. We rolled them for a poor 131 with Lebenthle top-scoring with 47. The next best was 26 by Alshaun. The pick of the Mental's bowlers were, Bradshaw (3/32 off 16 overs) and Shackell (2/20 off 11 overs.) Mental Blank's captain, Martyn Lampard then had no hesitation to send Carlton CC back in and what a good decision it was. Mental Blank completely rolling Carlton. Alshaun was the top scorer with 10 as Carlton CC were bowled out for 45. Bradshaw (3/21 off 9 overs) and Dixon (3/11 off 9). Mental Blank won by an innings and 276 runs.

Mcleod (back to camera) runs over to congratulate Caledera who just completed a stumping

My reaction: A great victory over these two days. All the boys played great and got the job done. Really happy for Stoltz and Sayce who both scored their first tons in any form of the game. I am looking foward to next week's game against the first placed side.

OD Game!

Pitch Invaders Belted By 10 Wickets

23/11/07

Pitch Invaders were Friday's opposition in my OD League Game. We were playing at there ground so no gate reciepts for this game. The pitch was slow and low, good for bowlers and not suprsingly Mental Blank won the toss and elected to bowl first.

Mental Blank's opening bowlers, Bradshaw and Faulkner with Bradshaw returning with the better figures of 3/23 off 8.2 overs. Shackell was at his tidy best picking up 2/32 off 10 overs, Mckinlay was also marvellous taking 3/25 off 10 overs. Miller was the only batsmen making a decent contribution with 77, the next highest was 21. Pitch Invaders were all bowled out for 146.

Stotlz and Henry were the opening pair and they were ruthless on Pitch Invaders bowlers. Stotlz (53* off 59 balls) and Henry (91* off 71 balls) were the only two required batsmen as Mental Blank crusied to victory by 10 wickets.

My reaction: Absoutely marvellous win for my boys. Great victory and we really took control from Square 1. We go into next week with a lot of confidence.

" Keep on Winning " has become your formula it seems. Typical Aussie team! :p Congrads for the victory!

And good performance by your team in batting today against a big team but your bowlers failed to continue that momentum. Tough luck but good match!

FC Game!

10 Wicket Win, Keeps Mental Blank 3rd

27/11/07

This week in FC we had to play Predators. Last time we played them it was a draw thanks to me being greedy for gate reciepts (:p). The pitch was green and Predators won the toss and suprisngly won the toss and batted.

It really was a bowling master class by Dale Bradshaw (5/47 off 18 overs) was easily the pick of the bowlers. Mckinlay (2/47 off 18.4 overs) was the other standout. Predators' batsmen didn't really play well on the pitch and Greenacre was the highest scorer with 64 and Hlengiwe 60. Predators were bowled out for a feeble 244.

Stotlz and Henry were the opening batsmen, they were all over the bowling of Predators'. They had a sensational opening stand of 286 with Henry getting run-out for 144. Stotlz was the next man to go with the score on 302. He departed for 127 off 219, a very conservative knock. Fenoughty went cheaply for 1. Dodds and stand-in captain Basson put on a bit of a show for the crowd, combining for a 151 run stand. Dodds ended on 71* off 64 balls and Basson unselfishly declaring before he had made his hundred had 88*. Basson closed the innings on 3/454 after 102 overs.

Predators went back in for the second dig and it was anymore succesful as their first one. Keogh top scored with 81 and the next was Viduka (Mark Viduka's brother :D) with 42. Mcleod and Mckinaly both bowled beautifully and got two wickets each. Shackell also got 2 and Fenoughty cleaned up the tail getting three wickets. Predators were bowled out for 234.

That left Mental Blank 24 runs to win and we didn't lose a wicket whilst chasing it. Stotlz (11*) and Henry (12*) finshied it off as quickly as possible. Mental Blank ending winning the game by 10 wickets.

"It was a great victory. We did it quite easy in the end and all of the boys played well. We are doing good in FC but there is still room for improvement."

Me speaking after the game.

The latest FC table:
Mental Blank sitting in third spot.
Team P W L D T Bat Bowl Points
1. Australian Wannabees 10 7 0 3 0 45 30 185

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Tony's Hero's 10 7 0 3 0 43 29 182
3. Mental Blank 10 7 2 1 0 39 30 171
4. chipper11 10 5 3 2 0 33 29 140

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Predators 10 4 4 2 0 31 24 119
6. Carlton CC 10 1 8 1 0 15 17 50
7. gogocar 10 0 6 4 0 14 13 43
8. act 10 1 9 0 0 9 14 37

You have a great contest for Top 3 which reminds my position (similar to yours) in ODs. :) Lets see.. Anything can happen with 4 games to go!

Users who are viewing this thread