Story Mental Blank - What was meant to go here?

Boy it must be fun for you. It gets incredibly dull when your only human opponents are walkovers even if you aren't buying players. The PC Shield games are the only games I look forward too.

Ah well, good luck!

OD Game

Suprise Win Puts Mental Blank Onto Promotion Table

30/11/07

Today was the big day of my season. If I could pull of a victory here, promotion would be possible and I would on my way to Divison 4. My oppenent was the first placed Westeren Eagles who the first time we clashed was at his ground and my boys lost by 40 runs, a gallant effort. I was a lazy bum and couldn't set orders as Mental Blank elected to field on their home ground on a flat pitch.

Bradshaw struck early as he had Kidd back in the pavilion for 11 as the score was 1/33. Pearson and Chotai combined for a 248 run partnership, cutting and pulling their way to hundreds. The breakthrough came when Shackell combined with Lampard to complete a catch - 2/281. Hadland then came back into the attack and caused a disastrous collapse for the Western Eagles. They went from a match-winning postion of 2/281 to all out for 300. Hadland came away with figures of 5/34 off 8.2 overs, Bradshaw, 3/56 off 8 and Shackell, 1/56 off 10 overs. Western Eagles were all out for 300 after 46.2 overs

Richardson and Basson knew that they had to play attacking as 6 runs per over was the target. Richardson was the first to go with 24 runs off 32 balls. Basson, 33 runs off 33 balls, then followed as the score was 2/67. Lampard and Dunn joined together to make a great partnership. Lampard the aggressor and Dunn the nurdler and taking singles. The partnership lasted 181 when Nelson Dunn was run-out for 73 off 91 balls. Lampard then fell for 112, his first OD hundred for the season, scoring 112 off 103 balls. The score was 4/267 and the game was in the balance. Henry was next to go for 13 and with the score on 5/295, the game seemed wrapped up - and it was. Sayce knocked off the winning runs with 9 balls to spare. Mental Blank knocked off the required target of 301 and ended up with 5/304, winning by 5 wickets.

"This is a great achievement. We are now on top of our OD League, with a chance to promote Divison 4 which would be a tough challenge. Hadland was great with the ball and so was Bradshaw. Nelo (Nelson Dunn) and Lamps (Martyn Lampard) were superb with the bat and gave 110%. I am really pleased with the result."

My great victory speech after the game :D

My OD League Table:
Team Pld Won Tie Lost Points Net RR
1. Mental Blank 10 9 0 1 36 23.20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Western Eagles 10 8 0 2 32 30.21
3. Carlton Hounds 10 7 0 3 28 39.94
4. Oneoffthewrist 10 6 0 4 24 13.96

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. The New Boonies 10 3 0 7 12 -18.79
6. Aussie UnSeeN Team 10 3 0 7 12 -27.19

7. Pitch Invaders 10 2 0 8 8 -24.73
8. Australian Champs 10 2 0 8 8 -36.60

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry this is late I am just busy, and lazy :p

Congratulations on the recent promotion!

I haven't got promoted I am just a chance of getting promoted.

Training Update

This week and last week's training updates have been fairly quiet but there has been two pops, one that has made me very happy. So here are they are:

Robert Dodds - 19 yo, BT Rating=6,090
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, strong batting form, proficient bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: mediocre

My reaction: A nice pop for Dodds. Adds a bit more depth to my line-up. Hopefully now he can turn 50's into 100's with this now, better concentration.

Roland Hadland - 19 yo, BT Rating=26,247
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, proficient batting form, proficient bowling form, energetic
An attacking player with strong leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: woeful
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: competent
Fielding: mediocre

My reaction: I didn't see this one coming. A great pop for Hadland. With him in my pace attack it is just amazing, really adds some remarkable bowling to it. Next week or the week after should be a stamina pop taking him to superb stamina hence him maxing out his stamina :happy

Hey you should be positive that is why I congratulated you, I have the atmost believe that you will get through

Hey you should be positive that is why I congratulated you, I have the atmost believe that you will get through

Yes, with the way his team is going in recent times, promotion is like a cake walk for MentalBlank. :)

Cracking contest ahead this Sunday against Hunting Tigers. :D

Sorry that I haven't posted last weeks games. The FC game should be done today :)

FC Game!

Australian Wannabees Give Mental Blank A Wake-Up Call

4/12/07

Mental Blank this week were playing 1st placed Australian Wannabees in their FC game. The game was to take place at The Music Room, Mental Blank's home ground. The pitch was flat and the boys were confident they could push the game out to a draw. Mental Blank won the toss and had no arguements about electing to bat.

It started bad when Basson departed for 8, the score 1/19. Richardson was the real standing getting out for exactly 100, Phil Jaques style. There were no real serious partnerships until Pearse (number 7 batsmen) combined with Henry (number 6) to form a 133 run partnership with Pearse getting 72 and Henry scoring with 80, both missing out on what would of been deserved centuries. The tail wagged a little and Mental Blank were bowled out for 338, a decent effort but 22 runs would of guranteed all 5 batting points.

Australian Wannabees were always going to pile on the pain. It took 65 runs for the first wicket. Three batsmen scored hundreds and out of those three, two of them went on to make 150+. Tuckett top-scored with 160. Every bowler bowled more than 20 overs. Faulkner was the bowler to get the most success, picking figures of 5/128 off 31.3 overs, they do look very bad but considering the conditions and the opposition it wasn't such a bad effort. Australian Wannabees were bowled out for a huge score of 589 - a lead of 251 runs.

Mental Blank didn't show much resistance in their innings. Richardson and Lampard were the only ones to stick around with Richardson carrying his bat through the innings to score 44* and Lampard, 20. Larkman was the destroyer for Australian Wannabees taking 4/5 off 10 overs. Mental Blank were bowled out for 77, meaning that Australian Wannabees won by an innings and 174 runs.

"Look, that was always going to be a tough game for us to win. The boys did fairly good in the first innings but just missed out on all batting points and our bowlers suffered in the heat. Full credit to the Wannabees, they played great cricket and we can learn many things from them".

My post-match speech

The Current FC Standings:
Team P W L D T Bat Bowl Points
1. Australian Wannabees 11 8 0 3 0 50 33 207

2. Tony's Hero's 11 7 0 4 0 48 32 194
3. Mental Blank 11 7 3 1 0 43 33 178
4. chipper11 11 6 3 2 0 38 32 162

5. Predators 11 4 4 3 0 36 27 131
6. act 11 2 9 0 0 14 17 59
7. Carlton CC 11 1 9 1 0 15 18 51
8. gogocar 11 0 7 4 0 14 16 46

Oh dear not the best of results of Mental Blank, however they still have a chance of promotion.

Excellent work mate and good luck in SOTM :)

Oh dear not the best of results of Mental Blank, however they still have a chance of promotion.

Excellent work mate and good luck in SOTM :)

Well in FC (FC = First Class games, games which are meant to go for three days) I won't get promoted but there is a good chance I will in OD :happy

you got beaten quite badly their by a strong team but they folded in the second innings :D

They didn't have a second innings :ninja

OD Game!

The New Boonies Pummelled As Mental Blank Still In 1st Place

7/12/07

Mental Blank's fixture sheet that this week we had to travel to The New Boonies CG to play them in our weekly One Day League Fixture. The boys were very eager to get to the ground and met outside the team bus 15 minutes before departure time :D. When we got to the ground the pitch was Hard & Fast, both something in it for the batsmen and the quick bowlers. Unfortunately Lampard didn't win the toss and The New Boonies elected to bat first.

Dixon and Mcleod opened the bowling and both were succesful. Dixon (3/34 off 8.3 overs) and Mcleod (3/35 off 9 overs) both mixed up their delievers and Dixon used a great change-up of pace to bowl Platt for 7. The New Boonies fell to 3/68 but a much needed partnership of 92 came about until great bowling by Fenoughty and keeping by Caledera got the breakthough, Fox was dissmissed for 48, just short of a well deserved 50. Shackell bowled great with some nice turn and bounce, ending with figures of 2/26 off ten overs. In the 48th over The New Boonies were bowled out for 194.

Stotlz and Henry were the opneing pair of batsmen and both of them played some good shots until Stotlz fell for 51, his second 50 this season. The only other wicket to fall was Henry for 39. Lampard (51*) and Dodds (49*) then knocked off the rest of the runs without losing anymore wickets. Mental Blank had scored all of the required runs in the 31st over. Mental Blank won by a very convincing 8 wickets.

"The last time we played The New Boonies I told the boys to take it easy and we only run by 1 run, though this time they just went out and played their natural game and it worked. The boys work really hard and they deserve this spot on the top of the ladder. I can tell you I am a very happy mananger."

My post match speech

The way the OD League is now:

Team Pld Won Tie Lost Points Net RR
1. Mental Blank 11 10 0 1 40 25.65

2. Western Eagles 11 9 0 2 36 37.12
3. Carlton Hounds 11 8 0 3 32 46.20
4. Oneoffthewrist 11 7 0 4 28 19.52

5. The New Boonies 11 3 0 8 12 -21.24
6. Aussie UnSeeN Team 11 3 0 8 12 -34.09

7. Pitch Invaders 11 2 0 9 8 -30.99
8. Australian Champs 11 2 0 9 8 -42.16

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you, all of you for the comments :)

Users who are viewing this thread