Story Mental Blank - What was meant to go here?

Good solid win. I like your match reviews as well.

Thanks Rob. I try and put the important parts in bold font but you can still read all of it :D

Training Update

Monday, the training update occurs and this update was one of the best Mental Blank have had in a while :happy ( I think :D)

Roland Hadland - 19 yo, BT Rating=28,642
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, strong batting form, strong bowling form, sublime
An attacking player with strong leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: woeful
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: competent
Fielding: mediocre

My reaction: Nice! Now Hadland has his stamina maxed out and it will probably go to Dodds. I expected this pops but actually seeing it is even better.

Steven Pearse - 19 yo, BT Rating=14,074
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, sublime
A cautious player with superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: proficient Concentration: woeful
Bowling: strong Consistency: competent
Fielding: worthless

My reaction: A good stamina pop for Pearse. I am hoping that before the season ends he will get to competent stamina. Proficient batting is also great for Pearse! Hopefully in the coming weeks his concentration will pop.

Good Thing that Mental Blank is so high in the rankings
well done mate :)

Well we have only lost one game in the One Day League all season. We are just to good :cool:

Nice to see the team constantly improving :)

Thanks Tom for your continous support and you have posted another one-minute reply. You deserve some reps! :)

EDIT: Damn! It wouldn't let me give you reps :(

The planet cricket league is what im talking about you dumb A$$.
I m sure leftie gather the lost interest comment was tongue in cheek, from something he said to me previously, any way i dont have to explain my action to you :rolleyes

Well that would have probably been better said in a PM, than posting in his story. Also where did I say explain your actions. Grow up and don't get so offended.

The planet cricket league is what im talking about you dumb A$$.
I m sure leftie gather the lost interest comment was tongue in cheek, from something he said to me previously, any way i dont have to explain my action to you :rolleyes

I don't post friendly games...

FC Game

Chipper11 Beaten By 8 Wickets

11/12/07

After last weeks lost to the Australian Wannabees, Mental Blank were determined to win this week. Chipper11 were the opposing team and we were playing at Turner Stadium (their home ground). The pitch was dusty and Chipper11 won the toss and elected to bat first.

20 runs were on the board when the first wicket fell. Pie was the batsmen, Faulkner the bowler and Dunn taking the catch behind the stumps. The home side fell to 4/87. A bit of lower order paitence and perservance paid off for Chipper11. Thatcher and Harding put on some runs and Harding top scored with 70 before falling to the bowling of Faulkner. Faulkner was the pick of the bowlers taking 4/63 off 25.3 overs. Mcleod also bowled well getting 3 wickets and conceding 63 runs (3/63 off 18 overs) and Shackell was his superb self, picking up a miserly 2/26 off 22 overs. Chipper11 were all out for 281.

Richardson and Basson were the usual opening pair. Both batsmen had that look in there eyes that they weren't going to get out that easily. They put on a 202 run partnership before Basson had his furniture rattled on 72. Richardson went onto make 122 off 213 deliveries. Mental Blank went from 0/201 to 5/258. A huge collapse! It wasn't to fringe player Michael Fenoughty and medium-pacer Tony Mcleod combined on a handy 38 run partnership. Fenoughty fell just short of a well derserved 50 going for 48 and Mcleod departed for a high score of 21 off 59 deliveries. Thatcher was the main destroyer taking 5/63 off 18 overs. Mental Blank were bowled out for 394, with a lead of 113 runs.

Chipper11 fell to 5/128. A very bad position to be in. Lots of batsmen made starts but none could go on and make a big score. Harding was the only batsmen to go past 50, he made 58. Every bowler in the Mental Blank bowling line-up got at least 2 wickets except for Faulkner who went wicket-less in the second innings. Shackell, just like the first innings was sensational. He had figures of 4/24 off 13 overs. Chipper11 were bowled out for 246 leaving Mental Blank 133 runs to win.

The run chase started badly and both openers fell early. Richardson, 3 and Basson 0 left Mental Blank 2/4. Thankfully Lampard and Dodds steadied the ship and took us to victory. Lampard, 59 and Dodds, 66 were not out as Mental Blank lost only two wickets in the chase.

"What a victory! We had our backs against the wall after collapsing in the first innings but responded greatly. I am really happy to see Mcleod making some runs and he is a bowler! *laughs* A great win in the end, very pleased with. I think now it will be very hard to come fourth."

My after-game speech. The media loved it :D

The current FC League Standings:

Team P W L D T Bat Bowl Points
1. Australian Wannabees 12 9 0 3 0 55 36 229

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Tony's Hero's 12 8 0 4 0 53 35 216
3. Mental Blank 12 8 3 1 0 48 36 200
4. chipper11 12 6 4 2 0 41 35 168

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Predators 12 4 5 3 0 36 28 132
6. Carlton CC 12 2 9 1 0 19 21 72
7. act 12 2 10 0 0 14 20 62
8. gogocar 12 0 8 4 0 14 19 49

Nice stuff here mate, Doing well in the OD league, and pretty well in the FC league
KUTGW
Good win in you last game aswell!

Users who are viewing this thread