Story Mental Blank - What was meant to go here?

Great story LH :clap

It's good to see you writing some of your own stuff after providing a lot of support for other people

Unfortunately, my prediction is that Mental Blank will be lucky to get away with more than a bottom of the table finish. ;)

Nice work :D

Woah! Cricket_60 is posting in my thread. What an honour! Please come back, this is like two big comebacks in a few days. Duff and yourself!

Anyway thanks for the comment. I find Battrick stories easier because I don't actually have to play the games myself.

A Devasting loss in FC

16/10/07

The pitch was green. We were playing away to Australian Wannabees. Suprisngly the home side won the toss and elected to bat on the green pitch and it seemed to pay off.

Mental Blanks' bowlers were run ragged. They had 155 overs in the field. Mcleod bowled 36 of them and got figures of 2/141. Shackell was the stand-out with 3 wickets off his 33 overs. Trotman topped scored for the home side with 163 off 217 delievers. Australian Wannabees were bowled out for a huge 573.

Trotman scores another run in his knock of 163

Mental Blank were at a stable position of 2/191 but then some great bowling by the Wannabees made Mental Blank's batting look woeful. Lampard top-scored with 107 then Richardson with 58 and then Dodds with 38. The next highest was Mr E. Xtras with 18 to his name. Mental Blank were bowled out for 237 and were asked to bat again.

It was all down hill from there for the away side. Richarson was the highest scorer with 55. Lampard was next with 26. We just couldn't put a fight as we were bowled out for 182 meaning the Australian Wannabees won by an innings and 54 runs.

"I am gutted. I thought we would draw that game but we clearly didn't have enough batting strength to do so. We must improve!"

My reaction after the game - Dissapointed.

1 Run Victory Means Fans Go Mental!

19/10/07

We had a home OD game today. The opposition was The New Boonies and I told the boys to take it easy. Boy how did that nearly backfire.

We won the toss and elected to bat first on the flattest of pitches and it worked a treat. We only lost one wicket throught the whole innings - being Nelson Dunn getting out on 133. Richardson (149*) who broke the highest score record by Dunn made a couple of weeks back bettered it today, and Lampard (55*) were the not out batsmen. Mental Blank finishied on 1/345.

Richardson works a single away during his knock of 149*

It was going great guns for Mental Blank. We had the away side at 2/95 and looked in control though Sinclair and Mpho had something to say about that. They scored 83* and 35* respectively to near get there side over the line but they fell short by ONE RUN!. Yes you got it. The New Boonies ended their 50 Overs on 5/344 and Mental Blank won by 1 run!

"That was a great effort. I thought we would win that one for sure after the way we batted but they (The New Boonies) dig in deep and full credit to them for that. Our fans should be happy with that victory. *Looks at fan pulling off a chair in excitement. I run over to him*. Stop that please! We just paid to put that in! *Fan stops pulling on chair*"

My reaction - and a fan's reaction after a nailbiting 1 run win yesterday.

Last edited:
Training Update

Monday is the day you look foward to seeing if any of your players "popped" or increased a level. We finally got some pops and they were very nice indeed.

Nelson Dunn - 19 yo, BT Rating=21,570
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, strong batting form, competent bowling form, invigorated
A steady player with respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: superb
Batting: respectable Concentration: competent
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: strong
Fielding: woeful

My reaction: A very nice pop. Might consider putting a fielding on now and giving the stamina to Pearse.

Roland Hadland - 19 yo, BT Rating=20,922
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated
An attacking player with strong leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: woeful
Bowling: quality Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: mediocre

My reaction: A helpful pop here. Always nice to have some good fielders in the side and now Hadland adds to that. Hopefully some consistency pops will follow.

Excellent pops there.. and PFL also not that bad.. How many players do you have in total currently?

I have 16 players and the key players have moderate/lively PFL :( which is the main worrying factor to me. :mad:

Excellent pops there.. and PFL also not that bad.. How many players do you have in total currently?

I have 16 players and the key players have moderate/lively PFL :( which is the main worrying factor to me. :mad:

I have 18 players. I just rotate often and rest my players that are on nets.

Sorry but this story will be on a bit of a halt. I have exams starting next Friday which go to the Thursday after and I have got to get my study on :cool:. I will do a bit of a summary when the exams are over in what you and I missed but this doesn't mean this story is closing down, it is still alive and kicking (I hope)

:cheers,
Left_Hander

I have 18 players. I just rotate often and rest my players that are on nets.

Oh ok.. That rotating of players in nets is what i am missing and hence clearly struggling with PFL. Oh By the way, good that i got knocked out of Cup game. Have 3 full days of rest for my team. :)

Also, no hurry, leftie with the updates. Take your own time. Good luck with remaining matches.:onpc

Thats good to have a large well-balanced squad. I am personally aiming for a 20-man squad at any given time. Has to be well balanced so that I can compete in both FC and OD. Many players really helps.

Just to let everyone know that I am still alive and so is this story. My exams start tommorow and end next Thursday. Once these exams pass this story will continue to run again. The return update will most likely be on Saturday.

Keep on reaching for higher ground,
Left_Hander

Exams are over and this story is back orrrrrn! :cool:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Catch-Up

I have gone on a big win streak since I last left you. The last game I didn't win was 23/10 (FC Game) which was a draw due to my stupid calculations. The tables for my FC and OD League are like this:

FC League:
Team P W L D T Bat Bowl Points
1. Tony's Hero's 7 6 0 1 0 31 20 139

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Australian Wannabees 7 5 0 2 0 34 21 133
3. Mental Blank 7 4 2 1 0 24 21 105
4. chipper11 7 4 3 0 0 22 20 98

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. Predators 7 3 3 1 0 19 17 82
6. Carlton CC 7 1 5 1 0 15 14 47
7. act 7 1 6 0 0 9 10 33
8. gogocar 7 0 5 2 0 9 11 28

OD League:
Team Pld Won Tie Lost Points Net RR
1. Western Eagles 7 6 0 1 24 21.48

2. Mental Blank 7 6 0 1 24 15.83
3. Carlton Hounds 7 5 0 2 20 28.62
4. Oneoffthewrist 7 5 0 2 20 10.18

5. Aussie UnSeeN Team 7 2 0 5 8 -20.02
6. Australian Champs 7 2 0 5 8 -20.94

7. The New Boonies 7 1 0 6 4 -14.52
8. Pitch Invaders 7 1 0 6 4 -20.62

These are what my trainees look like after my break:

Robert Dodds - 19 yo, BT Rating=5,299
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, proficient bowling form, sublime
A destructive player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
1xbat

Nelson Dunn - 19 yo, BT Rating=24,812
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, energetic
A steady player with respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: superb
Batting: proficient Concentration: competent
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: strong
Fielding: woeful
2xbat

Steven Pearse - 19 yo, BT Rating=11,913
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated
A cautious player with superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: woeful
Bowling: strong Consistency: competent
Fielding: worthless
1xbat, 1xbowl, 1xfield

Roland Hadland - 19 yo, BT Rating=23,806
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic
An attacking player with strong leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: woeful
Bowling: quality Consistency: competent
2xbowl, 1xstam, 1xfield

My bank account reads:

Current Balance: ?1,232,675
Projected balance at next Update: ?1,194,008

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks and looking foward to truely getting back into it! :)

Nice winning streak there and some good talent coming up here.

Great work mate, and good luck with the exam results :)

Thankyou very much for your support Tom. It is much appreciated.

I tell you, your team has grown/is growing stronger week by week. Thats fantastic. :)

Users who are viewing this thread