Minnow Online Trophy - 3rd round now underway!

Go ahead without me...

I'm off on holiday 2morrow! 4 3 weeks, so i cant play... Sorry. Go on without me, as said before.

instead of emailing me you could just PM me :p friday should be fine for me but i'm going away for a week on wednesday so i won't be able to participate after then.

mmmmm this is going to be a problem then, well hopefully we can still get it to work, so now we need two additional players, so please feel free to join?

this should start on friday, and those who can't complete their fixtures should do so asap, you will have 3 days to complete a fixture, and the two players will have to arrange this between them, then both post the result and a screenshot of the scorecard on the forum, the matches will be 20 overs on test difficulty, with balanced settings.

il post the first fixtures in the coming days.

Thanks to everyone who is still taking part, and to Ricco_M for helping.

Looking forward to it :)

So we're waiting on 2 players joining now?

Hi Mate - Netherlands and Canada are still available

If you look at the 1st post on this thread Tommymac keeps an update on the teams :)

yeah both teams are available, so feel free to pick and join the tournament, look forward to you participating

ill be canada :) (simulateddrevil on gamespy)

cheers mate will be great to have you taking part.

Original post updated with rules and first round fixtures! good luck everyone.

Yeah it is ballanced, and cheers you've been added. Well we've finally got all 8 players! ive sent u all PM's to remind you, but all the info needed is in the first post!

unfortuantley EarlCG your first game is against Ireland and that player is away until tuesday so you will have to catch that game up, sorry hope doesnt cause any problems.

Tournament up and running great stuff Tom. Did the advertising help ;)

So when do you want to play our Kenya v Bangladesh game?

Ok so I've just finished playing Tommymac there in the 1st game of the minnows trophy

Kenya (Ricco_M) v Bangladesh (tommymac)

Match Report

Bangladesh won the toss and decided to let the nervous Kenyans have first use of the pitch. The tall and pacy Mortaza had a great opening spell and he soon had Kenya on the backfoot as they struggled to 33-3 off the first 5 overs. The boundaries were hard to come by, even though the fielding restrictions were still in place, as Kenya looked to consolidate on a shaky start. In the next 5 overs Kenya managed to tick along to 74-5, but were always under pressure from tight bowling and excellent ground fielding. Tikolo was unbeaten on 30 and it looked like he was the man to carry the innings forward. But tragedy struck for Kenya in the 11th over when Tikolo's off stump was ripped out of the ground by a snotter of a delivery. A few more wickets soon fell with the score 107-8 off 15 overs and Kenya on the verge of being bowled out. However a strong rearguard unbeaten partnership for the tenth wicket brought the Kenyan score to 157-9 off 20 overs with Kamande completing a much needed unbeaten 50. At least now the Kenyans had some sort of total to defend.

However the Bangladesh innings got off to a flyer with Ashraful and Nafees bringing up the team's 50 in the 4th over with some cracking drives and clips to the boundary. Kenya managed to remove the openers by bringing on the spinners and taking the pace of the ball. A few more Bangladeshi wickets fell to attacking shots but they were well ahead of the run rate when they reached 100-4 in the 8th over (32 runs coming off one over - although a few no-balls didn't help!!). The next few overs were critical in terms of the match with the Kenyan fielders dropping 3 catches in the outfield. However a risky run to the bowlers end resulted in a runout and pressure began to appear in the Bangladeshi batsman and a few quick wickets from Odhiambo resulted in them falling to 138-8. 18 runs needed with two wickets left and the Kenyans thought they had a chance of snatching the game. However Razzaq was buoyed on by the teams superb run rate and finished the poor Kenyans off with a flurry of boundaries with plenty of overs to spare.

So the Kenyans short of runs could not exert any pressure on Bangladesh., who earned a well deserved victory and look a strong powerful all round team.

Well Played Tom - really enjoyed it even though you kicked my ass!! :)

Attachments

• BLIC07 - Kenya v Bangladesh scorecard.doc
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
Well done Tom, fly the Bengal Tigers.
Ricco could you please take the screenshot(using Fraps or Print Screen button), paste it onto paint or Photoshop and upload the image instead?? It's much easier for the viewers to see.

cnbd_novice said:
Well done Tom, fly the Bengal Tigers.
Ricco could you please take the screenshot(using Fraps or Print Screen button), paste it onto paint or Photoshop and upload the image instead?? It's much easier for the viewers to see.

Yeah sorry about that. I didn't really know what I was doing and I pasted the screenshot into word. I then couldn't transfer the image it to any other programmes. Is there any way I can change it now ..... I'm not the best with computers :onpc :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread