10505333_10152897581903993_9079122261999762164_n.jpg

10610620_402992306517630_5481955191197910959_n.jpg

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Lord Bendtner are too mainstream on Internet.

Lee1981

International Coach
So as I mentioned a couple of weeks ago my boys in my u8 team had a trial with afc wimbledon.

Well yesterday we got our feedback, 2 of my boys got into the elite programme and the other 5 into the development centre, so 7 out of 7 picked.:thumbs

My son included, so I'm made up right now for all the lads and of course my boy, obviously it means nothing in reality it's just good to know other proper fa qualified coaches recognise the work you have done for the boys.

And to think I do it for free!!! Well actually that's a lie I do it for my boy.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Could you go into greater detail on the elite programme vs development centre? Btw, really cool what you're doing and what you're sharing with us on what goes on at the grassroots level, one of those things in football we know obviously happens, but don't really understand hows of it all.

Last edited:

Lee1981

International Coach
Thanks @Epic

Put it this way the kids currently at the elite level at Afc Wimbledon u8 age group are bloody good, in fact very good, obviously I only know of this age group.

My team I run were lucky enough to play there academy u8 team last Saturday, we played a match of 4x 15mins quarters.

We lost the game 12-8 (hate using the term losing in kids football), which on paper is a bloody good result, however the gulf between their boys and mine is actually pretty big, all of their players are so comfortable on the ball, and their movement is frightening, honestly it's so good, my boys kept losing their player over and over

Also when they have a corner they don't play into the box to try and score, they play all the way back to their keeper and start again, which I think is fantastic, something I may copy and do with my boys, they are basically saying we are not interested in scoring a crappy bundled in goal it's gonna be a team goal or individual brilliance or nothing, which I love.

We held our own and for the 1st quarter were the team on top, however their superior touch and vision soon had us on the ropes

So even at this age the ability levels can be huge between good players and the elite players

Regarding the difference between the elite and development it's quite simple, actually let me add that which ever you have been selected for as a parent we have to pay for it, for my boy it's 6 sessions for £42, and the elite is the same.

My boys are to young to get it for nothing if in a year they have been selected for elite that means it's free and you are almost signing up for them in theory.

Development is a 6 week camp, where they are working on technique, technique and more technique, if you are not comfortable on the ball forget it, so from the development they are looking to get these boys into the "elite" this obviously gives them more quality players to work with, so long term this will be the aim for the boys, so after 6 weeks is over, hopefully my boys will get another 6 weeks or maybe go to eiite, worst case they will be let go, (harsh but it's football)

The elite is basically kids who they believe have potential right now to play against other academy's, my 2 boys selected here in all honesty are not ready yet, however they have to give it a go, if after 2/3 sessions they don't feel you are up to it yet they will move you to development Instead and then the boy will work to try and come back to elite.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
That was in reference to their loss vs Newcastle and 5 points dropped in a matter of 4 days.

Last edited:

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Fair enough, nothing more than a blip and bound to happen at some point. Chelsea's title this season imo especially with City losing Aguero to injury, he is to City what Suarez was to Liverpool. Although Bony to City in January would make things interesting!

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Last edited:

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Did he just control his bite and bit himself?

Users who are viewing this thread