Modding Resources Thread

steve121157

Banned
fosse8

Could you or anyone please upload a folder with the correct DDS files for England that enables the white logo to appear on the Test and One Day international helmets.
It's so frustrating that I can't work out how to make them show up.

The T20 helmet white England logo shows up ok though.
The England Test, ODI, t20 caps all show the white logo, so they're ok too.

Last edited by a moderator:

fosse8

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
fosse8

Could you or anyone please upload a folder with the correct DDS files for England that enables the white logo to appear on the Test and One Day international helmets.
It's so frustrating that I can't work out how to make them show up.

The T20 helmet white England logo shows up ok though.
The England Test, ODI, t20 caps all show the white logo, so they're ok too.

I'll do it tonight if I get a chance. If you want to do it yourself, it's really, really easy if you've already got the right DDS file for the Test cap to work:
  • Go into your main DB14 textures folder and create a new empty folder called "70" (this is England).
  • In 70, create a new, empty subfolder called "characters".
  • Go back to the main DB14 textures folder. Copy (don't move!) the folder "helmets" from the main "characters" to the 70/characters you just created.
  • Open the DDS file you already have for the correctly-working cap in Photoshop or whatever you use.
  • Open one of the DDS helmet texture files from your lovely new 70/characters/helmets folder.
  • Copy the cap insignia from the cap DDS and paste it on the helmet. Save.
  • When you start DBC14, go to England in the academy. Everything else should be exactly as it was, but when you choose "Helmet" for the Test uniform, select the helmet type you've just modified. You should be able to use the same colour settings as for the cap to make a white badge magically appear.
And that's it!

The ODI and T20 helmets should be unaffected because you're already using a white logo for the dark background (which you've hidden for the Test kit). Doing this in the 70 folder means only England will be able to select that modified helmet, and nobody else will be stuck with an inappropriate England badge.

steve121157

Banned
fosse8 Thanks for your help, but I'd really appreciate (when you've the time) if you can upload a folder with the DDS file(s).
I've had a go (using gimp 2), but I'm not sure which of the five helmet texture files to paste onto (I tried the modern_01 folder files msk.pc , mat.pc , nrm.pc etc )
I'm ok with some other textures like adboards and boundary ropes but struggle with modding kits.
Thanks.
Steve.

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
fosse8 Thanks for your help, but I'd really appreciate (when you've the time) if you can upload a folder with the DDS file(s).
I've had a go (using gimp 2), but I'm not sure which of the five helmet texture files to paste onto (I tried the modern_01 folder files msk.pc , mat.pc , nrm.pc etc )
I'm ok with some other textures like adboards and boundary ropes but struggle with modding kits.
Thanks.
Steve.
I'm not sure you ever need to worry about the .pc files

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Remove the .pc section from the filenames if they have it. It was just a quirk of how the file was put together.

sarkazm

Club Captain
Hi guys.

Does anyone know what the images are on the English ODI & T20 kits? I understand they're lions however, I'm wanting to know what the actual images are and if they can be found. I've done a search, etc. bu can't seem to find any infomratoin as to what the actual images are or if you can get them.

FYI - as to my earlier problems: have been loading up extra ID folders and the game is still working fine. That re-install seems to have worked!

Thanks for all the great work you do.

Cheers.

sameerkarkhanis

Club Cricketer
Hi guys.

Does anyone know what the images are on the English ODI & T20 kits? I understand they're lions however, I'm wanting to know what the actual images are and if they can be found. I've done a search, etc. bu can't seem to find any infomratoin as to what the actual images are or if you can get them.

FYI - as to my earlier problems: have been loading up extra ID folders and the game is still working fine. That re-install seems to have worked!

Thanks for all the great work you do.

Cheers.

Hi, as per my knowledge it is the Lion which you can see on their Logo/Emblem....only that it is half way cut and tilted a bit to appear that way on the Jersey.

For the T20 Kit....it is just the Head/Face of the Lion that appear in the background with almost 30-40% opacity which makes it blend in to the Red color of the Jersey, hope this helps..!!

Nishu28

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
The most recent beta update to DBC14 opened up texture modding for a whole lot of extra items - but that makes the textures zip file a little bit too big to include in with the Steam download for everyone.

Click the button below to download the textures zip - 646MB
hi matt
can u plzz give the files that are extra
like other than those that are available with us in the steamapps
this is too huge to download for me at present

plz.....

bhuwan996117

School Cricketer
The most recent beta update to DBC14 opened up texture modding for a whole lot of extra items - but that makes the textures zip file a little bit too big to include in with the Steam download for everyone.

Click the button below to download the textures zip - 646MB
Thanks for this but how we can copy it to dbc 14 either just copy as it is or some edits should be done in it by us

Gillchrist-Follower

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Hi MattW how are you doing?
I've just downloaded the textures file. I think its brilliant to modify everything as I want it.
Thank you.

PS. Cant wait for DBC 17

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I've just downloaded the textures file
It was not really necessary. You could've extracted the textures.rar file in steam apps folder. It is as same to the textures file uploaded here.

Gillchrist-Follower

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
It was not really necessary. You could've extracted the textures.rar file in steam apps folder. It is as same to the textures file uploaded here.
It wasnt the same one mine was only 76 mb in steamapps folder and the new one is over 600mb.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
NO - the file here is sized at 646MB with almost each and every texture in game to edit whilst the ingame supplied file is mere 74MB with only the fundamentals.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
NO - the file here is sized at 646MB with almost each and every texture in game to edit whilst the ingame supplied file is mere 74MB with only the fundamentals.
It wasnt the same one mine was only 76 mb in steamapps folder and the new one is over 600mb.
I'm currently using that default 76MB folder. I didn't know that the attachment is 646MB. Seems that the file includes everything.. Will download it later :)

Users who are viewing this thread