Muslims Allowed Girlfriends?

Are Muslims Allowed Girlfreinds?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I belive in god, I'm not religious but all I know is like tons of other Englishman at Edgbaston 2005 when Simon Jones dropped that catch I prayed we'd win and we did. I don't htink we just die, I'd rather die happy in the belief I'm going on to something better than being some pessimist and dying think it's all over. Even if we are just worm food.

People once believed the Earth was flat, and they were dead set sure about it. People came back with stories on how they saw the edge of the Earth and how people fell off. And anybody who questioned it was hanged....

So thats how much people can believe in a certain subject, same goes with religeon.

People once believed the Earth was flat, and they were dead set sure about it. People came back with stories on how they saw the edge of the Earth and how people fell off. And anybody who questioned it was hanged....

So thats how much people can believe in a certain subject, same goes with religeon.

They can never prove God, weather God exists. It's a matter in between person and God.

I mean I wouldn't care if my best friend believed in a religion that was totally opposite to mine.

They can never prove God, weather God exists. It's a matter in between person and God.

I mean I wouldn't care if my best friend believed in a religion that was totally opposite to mine.

But the thing is, theres so many relgeons out there that yours is most likely innacrate and wrong. So does that mean you will go to 'hell' depending on the 'right' religeon...

But the thing is, theres so many relgeons out there that yours is most likely innacrate and wrong. So does that mean you will go to 'hell' depending on the 'right' religeon...

Well the thing is before choosing your religion the person should have a look at all, I mean I have studied basics of nearly all big religions.

Also my religion says we are not to decide who is to go hell and who is not because then you're being God yourself. Yeah, I can be sorry for all the people do that.

There is no right religion or wrong religion only the one you believe in (remember opinions are never wrong), going to hell is an interesting one though. Committing sin would send you to 'hell' in most of the religions I know of. I don't know how many religions believe that 'hell' will be full of non-believers of that religion though.

What about the dinosaurs? Evolution? (which is FACT!!) other Earth like planets out there (millions upon millions of them) potentially holding life...?

Dinosaurs are fact, Evolution isn't, Evolution is a theory which in itself is constantly evolving (best irony ever!), people agree with or disagree with Evolution it's not an undeniable fact like Dinosaurs (ie, they have skeletons, etc). I believe in Evolution, however, I could never tell you it is a fact (like the world being round and that we breathe oxygen). Evolution and Religion are very similar in many, many aspects. Neither will ever be proven to be fact.

Afaik there is only one other Earth like planet that we have found and that is Gliese.

Adarsh said:
People believed the world was created in 6,000 years, and Adam and Eve were there at the dawn of life on earth.

It's not past tense Adarsh, the Young Earth theory is still believed by quite a few Christian groups. It's possible to disprove in many ways, not that they'd accept it.

One thing I've always wanted to know is the role of dinosaurs in religion (any of them) If someone could tell me what the Qu'ran or Bible says that would be great (any holy text).

Allah does mention dinosaurs in the Quran. While the word "dinosaurs" is a modern word that refers to the gigantic animals that existed perhaps millions of years ago, Allah Almighty referred to all created "beasts" as "dabbah". A "dabbah" in the Quran consists of all animals, including the dinosaurs.

"Behold! in the creation of the heavens and the earth; in the alternation of the night and the day; in the sailing of the ships through the ocean for the profit of mankind; in the rain which God Sends down from the skies, and the life which He gives therewith to an earth that is dead; in the beasts of all kinds that He scatters through the earth; in the change of the winds, and the clouds which they Trail like their slaves between the sky and the earth;- (Here) indeed are Signs for a people that are wise. (The Noble Quran, 2:164)"

"He created the heavens without any pillars that ye can see; He set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with you; and He scattered through it beasts of all kinds. We send down rain from the sky, and produce on the earth every kind of noble creature, in pairs. (The Noble Quran, 31:10)"

The Quran doesn't specifically talk about each and every animal, it does talk about them in a group.

I find it quite interesting that in one world there are so many religions, beliefs and expectations from the "Higher Beings."

I don't understand why a stupid, low life section of the world cause so much trouble between faiths. Faith is something the individual believes, much like the deodrant the person uses. Its in essance (get it, essance - deodrant, bahh) the same thing, but one is on a much greater scale ;)

I find it quite interesting that in one world there are so many religions, beliefs and expectations from the "Higher Beings."

I don't understand why a stupid, low life section of the world cause so much trouble between faiths. Faith is something the individual believes, much like the deodrant the person uses. Its in essance (get it, essance - deodrant, bahh) the same thing, but one is on a much greater scale ;)

Simple, because all 3 religions, Christianity, Judaism, and Islam start from the same page and some minor differences caused war. There was only 1 reason of war in the early ages, which was religion.

Yes but in 2008, surely the world has grown to a point where understand is key.

I know it'll never be perfect, just as it is for blacks and whites, straights and gays. Theres plenty more, the first one, blacks and whites, is the worst in my opinion. I cant stand racists.

But yeah, why can't some people just see past beliefs, and not cause war, or anger amoungs differnt religious groups.

I think there is some confusion between the existence of God and the correctness of religious doctrine. The two have nothing to do with each other. Is the Pythagoras theorem suddenly false if I give an incorrect proof? For all we know, our Maker is out there laughing at our attempts to make sense of him.

Scientific theories can only be falsified, never verified. The gaps in Newtonian mechanics are too well-known to recount here, and the crowning achievements of modern physics -- general relativity and quantum mechanics - are known to contradict each other, so at least one of them rests on somewhat shaky grounds. As for evolution, it says nothing about the first cause, so you can't argue with the premise that the whole thing is a movie with a director who knows exactly what to do and how to do it.

The standard response to "before the creation of the universe", and one of the few places were St. Augustine and Stephen Hawking agrees, is that time itself is a property of the universe.

Oh, and it was Noah, not Moses. Does nobody read the Bible anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread