Muslims Allowed Girlfriends?

Are Muslims Allowed Girlfreinds?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Atheists think the idea of God comes out of human ignorance. They are right, but not in the way they think. Since our brains are finite and the number of people who have lived up to any given point in time is finite, there must always be infinitely many questions that nobody knows the answer to. But questions have answers, even if nobody knows them. Define God as an entity whose mind has answers to all those questions.

On a side-note, religions are man-made and are obviously wrong.

What started the big bang?

wasnt it a gigantic meteor. That hit the soon to be gulf of mexico back than. Which turned all dinosaurs extincted.

Oh God you didn't just say that did you? :rolleyes:

Right so the beginning of the universe was created by the Big Bang. Mexico and dinosaurs was around before the Big Bang? :laugh

On a side-note, religions are man-made and are obviously wrong.

God I hate people who think they are so bloody clever.

Yeah some guys can't keep up their pants, and want to talk about God.

gravity = not proven.

God I hate people who think they are so bloody clever.

You shouldn't. We all swing between bloody clever and bloody stupid every single day. Let us not be afraid to discuss important questions. If not us, who? If not now, when?

I think of myself as a religious humanist. All I am saying is believing in the inerrancy of something man-made is the kind of hubris God can't possibly approve. Our scriptures have gone from talking about the Tower of Babel to becoming the Tower of Babel. If you treat the religious books as a guide for living, more power to you. But if you treat them as a mandate for terminating everybody who doesn't believe in your book (like Bush, Modi, Osama and Sharon), then there will literally be hell to pay.

I'm going to have a say on this matter. What I'll start by is that one shouldn't presume that inexplicable events are due to a "God".

Many things in this day and age have been proven or at least almost certainly proven with the help of evidence. At times, however, the evidence is not there. Just because evidence is missing, doesn't mean an alternative conclusion must be reached. For something to be believed, there needs to be evidence for it; and the burden of proof is on the person making the claim.

Let's take a common example that the religious amongst us point to claim the existence of god. A person's dying, doctor says no chance, relatives pray, and the person makes it through. Miracle! It must be God!! - No, it doesn't. We don't have evidence for what happened. The science of today doesn't show us that, perhaps the science of tomorrow will. And as a scientist, these things need to be repeated again and again. If a 100 people are dying, and 99 people die, backing up the doctor's evaluation, the 100th person who makes it through is NOT evidence for God !! And if the doctor was indeed wrong all the time, then perhaps something else is there that needs to be investigated. But unless that something is shown to be a supernatural being, the existence of a god must not be taken to be true.

The Big Bang is believed by almost all scientist, and there's an awful lot of evidence for it. There are virtually no holes. Maybe some of us can't get to grips with the idea and say "something can't come out of nothing, therefore god must exist". No, if you don't know that, just leave it at that. God should not be used to fill holes that science is unable to fill.

But do you not understand? You explain that there is an answer to all things which we have not discovered. God is the answer to Life and Death and the beginning of the Universe. It is no coincidence that the largest questions of all are the ones which cannot be answered.

That being said, I was a most certain Theist about a year back and I am certainly agnostic now.

God is the answer to Life and Death and the beginning of the Universe. It is no coincidence that the largest questions of all are the ones which cannot be answered.

No he isn't, ur just going by some book which was written thousands of years ago.

And yes the largest questions simply cant be answered because we don't yet as human beings know... pretty simple, nothing to do with god.

No he isn't, ur just going by some book which was written thousands of years ago.

And yes the largest questions simply cant be answered because we don't yet as human beings know... pretty simple, nothing to do with god.

Pathetic generalisation. I infact go on my own beliefs. I have never read the Bible (the book I presume that you are referring to), nor the Guru Granth Sahib (probably more relevant for me, was written about five hundred years ago, not thousands) but my own inferences based on what humans know and what I believe. Believing that there is no God is just as much as a stab in the dark (which you should never do at home, children:p) than believing there is one.

God is not scientifically proven, nor is no God. As for those who mentioned the Big Bang, the fact is that God could have very well created the Big Bang and there is the ultimate question of what started the Big Bang. I find it no coincidence that humans can use technology to go infinately close to the Big Bang but never on or before it. It is so easy to assume that humans, at a point will get there and unlock the secrets of the universe, but on a realistic level, God will never be disproved - you and I both know it.

I also wish to expand by asking how you believe that humans could have evolved by natural selection, which I am now presuming, hypocritically, is your belief system. Going by Darwin's infamous experiment, finches had large or short beaks depending on the food they would eat, via mutation (I can talk more about it, but I assume you know the whole mutation --> evolution theory). However, how do you propose that a mutation will create the human eye or the diffusion of gases in the alveoli? It is more complex than any system previously studied by man.

As stated earlier, I am agnostic and do agree that the whole idea of prophets coming down from heaven is 'fishy'. However, I refused to believe that Jesus' resurrection (as an example of something you may have heard of) was completely fabricated with not one account of it being a hoax. The holy books of the several religions are either fabricated totally or the word of God and it would be a process involving more than one person. How is it that there are half a dozen or so major religions neither of which have had no such fabrications brought to light.

No he isn't
This is another thing which may mislead you. You assume that all you know is comprehendable to the human psyche, in this instance, you assume that God is an equivalent of a human male.

Last edited:
Shemale then lol.

I do wish there is a god, it can provide some hope to those who have none.

But i fail to see how we can live on forever in the heavens? Like for example, do you remember anything before you were born?? no?? Thats because you simply didnt exist, and neither will you when you die... Its hard to get your mind around it, i cant either..

God will never be disproved - you and I both know it.
He doesn't NEED to be disproved !! That is the point !

I can claim a million and one things. A teapot is floating millions of miles away in space. Can that be disproved - no? Does it therefore mean that we should be open to the possibility that it exists? Theoretically, yes, but no sane person would believe so. Going by the same logic, God could have created it, there may be a dead unicorn in the middle of the earth, but unless there's any evidence to suggest that, it should not be believed to be the case.

Its hard to get your mind around it, i cant either..

I certainly think that we are two sides of an agnostic coin. As for the pre-birth arguement, it can be stated that memory is something which is taken with the brain and therfore, physical form, whereas the soul is something incomprehendably deeper. That being said, I see the same person with a completely different memory as a different person, which does make the whole idea of reincarnation pretty unlikely.

Living on in the heavens is a possibility though. Life very possibly goes in a linear structure of life then death, rather than prebirth, life, death and back around again.

However, how do you propose that a mutation will create the human eye or the diffusion of gases in the alveoli? It is more complex than any system previously studied by man.
Why not ?! It's far less complex than saying God created it. The breathing system in man has indeed evolved.

As stated earlier, I am agnostic and do agree that the whole idea of prophets coming down from heaven is 'fishy'. However, I refused to believe that Jesus' resurrection (as an example of something you may have heard of) was completely fabricated with not one account of it being a hoax. The holy books of the several religions are either fabricated totally or the word of God and it would be a process involving more than one person. How is it that there are half a dozen or so major religions neither of which have had no such fabrications brought to light.
Many many reasons. People ages ago had few explanations to many of life's mysteries, and therefore came to a conclusion that a "God " must have done it. Religious people are not fabricating anything, they're merely deluded.

Last edited:
He doesn't NEED to be disproved !! That is the point !

He can be most certainly be disproved by managing to harness information from prior to the Big Bang or finding out what happens when someone is dead and is not immediately brought back to life, but I have massive doubts that any such thing will ever happen.

Why not ?! It's far less complex than saying God created it. The breathing system in man has indeed evolved.

I am arguging that it is unlikely because it has not been seen in any sort of creature since Darwin.

I feel that I am punching far above my weight by arguging the possibility of God with you, Adarsh, but I'm hanging in there:)

Many many reasons. People ages ago had few explanations to many of life's mysteries, and therefore came to a conclusion that a "God " must have done it. Religious people are not fabricating anything, they're merely deluded.

Rubbish! If Jesus was not sent by God and did not commit all those miracles, then there was a massive lie.

Last edited:
Rubbish! If Jesus was not sent by God and did not commit all those miracles, then there was a massive lie.

Just like how moses created a boat with every single animal of the world on it. Oh and like how God created the Earth in 7 days, including light, water, plantations etc... Oh and just how our human intelligence is based upon an apple because a snake told them to eat it.

Cmon, the scriptures are full of lies. Although, Jesus DID exist, they have already found his tomb, its to what extent he lived, as in, if he really did peform miracles or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread