New online management game needs beta testers

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Code:
	78.5	A balanced field.	Murley	to	Mounteney	W	WICKET. Mounteney is out for 32. Poor ball but the shot was worse - Murley hits middle and leg.
So I guess I shout shoot Mounteney for this huh? :p

ZoraxDoom added 1 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

Just noticed we can see the field settings for each ball! AWESOME!! Can it be a bit larger though so we can see it clearly? It isn't too convenient to hover over it each time...

cchamp

School Cricketer
Code:
	78.5	A balanced field.	Murley	to	Mounteney	W	WICKET. Mounteney is out for 32. Poor ball but the shot was worse - Murley hits middle and leg.
So I guess I shout shoot Mounteney for this huh? :p

Yeah! He has no-one to blame but himself, I'm afraid :)

Just noticed we can see the field settings for each ball! AWESOME!! Can it be a bit larger though so we can see it clearly? It isn't too convenient to hover over it each time...

The icon doesn't actually vary based on the field setting (just the tooltip text) but if you click on the icon itself it links through to a page with the field setting graphics and who is fielding in which position.

I guess could I make it so that when you hover over the field setting you can see a slightly bigger, accurate, representation of the fielding positions. That might complement having a separate page.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Can we set out own fields. That would be Awesome :eek:

I could imagine not playing any other cricket game, or any other online game at all, and still not have enough time to do all this. I feel this is brilliant so far. Even though I'm losing to a system controlled team :p The pitch is cracking now, and my strike bowler is exhausted. Want to get my two spinners a go, and a part-timer will toss down a few overs. 2 days to go, I need 5 wickets to get before I chase, so if I wipe them out early tommorrow, I give myself plenty of time to bat. Lets hope the slow bowlers can do it.

I think there should be some official leagues. How would you just which the best sides are? Also seperate nations would be good too, although you could have this all based in England, with the highest level being Domestic sides (Lancashire, Durham, Derbyshire, Middlesex, etc.) and our teams being regional clubs. Players can get picked for Domestic sides and Domestic comps without an NT league? Very different, but then again, so is the game...

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
p The pitch is cracking now, and my strike bowler is exhausted.

Just started my first match against system controlled team - my pitch conditions are these

Pitch
Bounce Normal bounce
Bounce variation None
Pace Normal
Grass Very bare
Wear None
Cracking None

Does this change session by session or day by day??

Loving the game so far !

cchamp

School Cricketer
Can we set out own fields. That would be Awesome :eek:

You can't do this at the moment. To be honest it would probably be a nightmare to implement too - there's just so many possible combinations to consider. There's already 60 different field settings in the system already (plus another 60 versions of those for when the field is brought up to prevent a single) - hopefully there'll be enough variation for now.

Even though I'm losing to a system controlled team :p
Hate to break it to you but you seem to be losing to a human team - don't know if that's better or worse!

I think there should be some official leagues. How would you just which the best sides are? Also seperate nations would be good too, although you could have this all based in England, with the highest level being Domestic sides (Lancashire, Durham, Derbyshire, Middlesex, etc.) and our teams being regional clubs. Players can get picked for Domestic sides and Domestic comps without an NT league? Very different, but then again, so is the game...

I think I'll have to consider having official leagues just to get things rolling. You can set rating limits on your leagues to only get the best players and the team rating will decide which are the best teams overall.

Not sure about representational stuff at the moment. I've never really felt that bothered about my players playing for their country or other representational sides but if there's enough demand I'm sure I sort something out :)

cchamp added 2 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

Does this change session by session or day by day??

The pitch conditions change throughout the session but not dramatically. It's probably not worth keeping an eye on them ball by ball but you should see changes session by session (the weather plays a part in the changing pitch conditions too).

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I got smashed by 250 runs. Not the best of starts. From what I observed, my batsmen were just too aggressive. That, or my bowlers were incredibly poor.

Who decides who bowls and when? Cause one of my strike bowlers ended up bowling just 3 overs...

JD10

International Cricketer
My tactics are unbeatable when can i pick my team

20/20 PRO added 1 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

do we have to stay online because theres no chance of me

cchamp

School Cricketer
Who decides who bowls and when? Cause one of my strike bowlers ended up bowling just 3 overs...
Your captain choses who bowls (though there's no captaincy skill that affects it yet).

The decision is based on how good the player is, how tired they are, how their bowling suits the conditions, how many wickets they've taken and how many runs they've conceded.

cchamp added 2 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

My tactics are unbeatable when can i pick my team

You can only pick a team for specific matches.

do we have to stay online because theres no chance of me

Not quite sure where you were going with this but you don't have to stay online to watch the games and you don't have to stay online in order to get a game so the answer should be 'no'!

Users who are viewing this thread