New Zealand Domestic Season

van Wyk had a bit of a shocker, his keeping was below par in the last few overs

i'm pretty sure he was scared at how fast the ball was coming to him, with him not wearing any protection.

Very strange selection, you'd think they would have bolstered up their batting, or played Nethula.

they had about 12 overs of spin if van wyk had given Worker more than just the one over. i'm not sure if they knew how the pitch was going to play tbh.

riz7khan12 added 1 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

Hodge is all class. Had to get his eye in in game 1, but now he's smacking it.

Hodge should be playing in the Ashes right now!

they had about 12 overs of spin if van wyk had given Worker more than just the one over. i'm not sure if they knew how the pitch was going to play tbh.

That's kind of my point, so why did they need to play Milne, Bracewell, Mason, and Rance, plus they had N-B.

People have been talking up Kruger but he doesn't seem too much better than Hopkins tbh.

From what I've watched, McGlashan is the best behind the stumps, but isn't really suited to test cricket. de Boorder is a very tidy keeper though and could be one to watch for the future.

In the Gillette Cup, King's are through to the final against Christchurch Boys High.

Wooo King's thrashed Christchurch:

King's College 159, 48 overs (Simon Hickey 51, Mark Chapman 22, Edward Nuttall 3-17) beat Christchurch Boys' High School 78, 34.5 overs (Tom Urry 6-10, Simon Hickey 2-14).

Man we need Hopkins and Guptill back to beef up our top order.
I thought Munro was a bowler who they've just promoted previously, but he seems to have some talent with the bat.
We should be able to defend this with our bowling talent. (Martin, Adams, Bates, Hira)
I think our game plan is more or less to go out swinging, so we're probably going to have a few other under 100 scores, but may also get some massive ones.

Man we need Hopkins and Guptill back to beef up our top order.
I thought Munro was a bowler who they've just promoted previously, but he seems to have some talent with the bat.
We should be able to defend this with our bowling talent. (Martin, Adams, Bates, Hira)
I think our game plan is more or less to go out swinging, so we're probably going to have a few other under 100 scores, but may also get some massive ones.

Yea I didn't realise Munro was an all-rounder either

You had a decent start with de Grandhomme smashing away at the top of the order. Then you lost a whole heap of wickets while boundaries were still being scored. The spinners slowed down the run rate dramatically, but then Munro smashed Wagner everywhere.

Yeah Wagner was pretty disappointing. He didn't really seem to have a yorker or a good slower ball which you need in the shorter forms. He bowled a lot of half volleys and was even getting pumped by Roneel Hira...

Wagner's having a shocker of an HRV cup! So is the whole team for that matter. I think I need a second team to support :p

Wow Noema-Barnett !! Neil Wagner's not having a fun HRV Cup is he :lol

Otago are all but gone now, Wagner was woeful again.

Funny thing is that after CDs last game, I posted this saying they should drop one of their pace bowlers and play another batsman, and that's exactly what they did. In the end it didn't actually make much difference, because of Noema-Barnett's knock.

Hodge continues to dominate for ND, what a buy he was, and after that knock McGlashan could be given another go in ODI/T20I cricket when McCullum's out, instead of Hopkins.

Finally, we manage to sneak home over Canterbury by a run. We were kind of struggling at one stage, but Munro's innings yet again was a match winner, he took apart ten Doeschate in one over. Canterbury don't really have much outside their top order (a bit like us), so it was just a case of picking up their top order wickets.

i Live in india and want to see new zealand t20 matches as no tv broascaster is broadcasting here. any way help need suggestion and help

Wagner would probably only be good for New Zealand in tests, he doesn't look to be good under pressure or bowling at the death.

Noema Barnett played a great innings there, he's probably in the reckoning for the next T20 WC whenever that is.

Hodge was a great purchase, but he's gone now. Hopefully Herschelle Gibbs can play just as well :)

I reckon McGlashan should have the backup keeper role in the shorter forms over Hopkins, not too sure about tests. Either him or de Boorder :D

i Live in india and want to see new zealand t20 matches as no tv broascaster is broadcasting here. any way help need suggestion and help

Since they're only on pay TV here (sky), they won't be streamed live on the net (as far as I know), so I don't think there's anyway for you to see them. Unless India buy rights to them, which as far as I know they haven't, and if they had they'd be on your TV and you wouldn't be asking this.

You should be able to listen to it on radio sport though, here. Click "Listen Live".

Where are the yorkers?? Literally no one seems to be able to bowl them. Milne and Wagner were just bowling half volleys and getting smashed. The only time i've seen someone bowl them well was Southee in that t20 against the Aussies last season, now even he can't do it. Surely they should be practising this stuff??

Users who are viewing this thread