New Zealand Domestic Season

Yeah I hope Franklin continues his form with the bat, I've always been a Fan of his since he got that test hattrick.... I didn't know of him at the time.
The top 2 teams need to keep winning to assure their spots, and the rest need to win about 75% of their remaining matches to get through, there's gonna be a lot of hoping on other results when it comes to the final rounds.

Wellington have yet to lose a toss and will bowl first again probably a good idea because of our weak bowling attack.

I'm cheering for Wellington for this one. The fielders have let them down though, good start for Auckland.

I don't think this start could of been any worse. :noway

Wow, Lou Vincent is in such awesome form, this is carnage.
Tell that ball to pick me up a 3 piece quarter pack! :laugh

Highest ever score in T20 history, not bad at all! Whats the chances of Vincent getting higher honours?

Vincent was great. Played a few weird shots which looked ugly but when he struck the ball properly it was great. Guptill also. Wellington got hammered. Wouldn't mind seeing him selected for the black caps again.

Wellington's batting order seems weird. They're like ND. Also McKay should have opened the bowling. They were very poor.

Speaking of poor, Canterbury lost today again. Canterbury and Wellington are pretty much out and Northern have to win all their games now. Looks like Central in the final with either Otago or Auckland. Would rather Auckland made it tbh. Their side looks good fully fit. They even still have Mills out.

Wellington's batting order seems weird.

Yea we have a couple of players (Bell and Merchant) just making up the numbers neither are suited that much for T20. If we got Ryder and Elliott in for those two and then Gillespie in for Bowden we would have had a chance of winning the thing. O'Brien pulling out suddenly didn't help either.

Wow, what a knock from Vincent. Haven't been able to catch the highlights yet but can't wait to see them. Sounds like Guppy played well too.

Agree with irrotev though that it's now between Auckland, CD and Otago. If ND somehow make it through to the final I'll be amazed but with Dilshan playing from now it is possible. Personally I wouldn't want to see us go as the chances of him playing for ND in the CL are pretty slim with his IPL team being so good.

Winner: Central Districts
Runner-Up: Otago (not sure, a little biasedness)
Most Runs: Ross Taylor
Most Wickets: Neil Wagner (keeping the faith)
Worst team: Wellington
Flop: Owais Shah/Yasir Arafat

The teams all have their strengths, and I wont be suprised if my predictions are completely wrong.
Winner: Otago
Runner-Up: Central Districts
Most Runs: Ross Taylor
Most Wickets: Neil Wagner (keeping the faith)
Worst team: Wellington
Flop: Owais Shah/Yasir Arafat

Had to edit my list, I was getting a bit paranoind that central would win! :laugh

I am going to be over there for the game I hope hes delayed otherwise hes going to take the Wellington attack apart. :(

Good way to make someone get a big head tbh.

It's big enough already.

But Northern can't afford him to miss a game because they're all but out of the tournament. 1 loss and they're dead. I don't give them a chance.

This Rance guy is unbelievable. Been a long time since i've seen anyone swing a white ball like that. Wow. If he plays like this for the rest of the season the black caps selectors might take notice. edit: He's only 22 also. Good signs for a young guy. Should cement him in the CD side for at least a few more games. Hopefully he plays some FC and OD games too.

What an outstanding spell.

It's a shame McMillan's out. Was loving his knock.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread