New Zealand Domestic Season

Wellington hammered it during that opening partnership.

Someone needs to get the ball off Taylor though. His bowling is disgraceful. I swear he was chucking and stuff before. It's not good.

Thats 2 rippers. Merchant's one hander and Shah's unbelievable grab after he dropped it.

:facepalm Arafat went for 4 runs off his first 2 overs and 34 in his next 2 :facepalm

Great showing by the batsman today everyone chipped in but the bowling still looks iffy however with such a big target it was good enough. Still shocked we got a game in you could see the rain on the hills around the ground. :laugh

:facepalm Arafat went for 4 runs off his first 2 overs and 34 in his next 2 :facepalm

Arafail got the Stewart treatment.

FINALLY Canterbury top order came to the party. That's what they're capable of. Weird results in all 3 games with the favorites losing (except Auckland over Northern though it was reasonably even)

I'm glad Northern lost to Auckland. I hope Auckland win it. They have the best shot in the Champion's league in my opinion.

Central were poor today. Wellington dominated them. Was nice to see them and Canterbury beat the big guns.

SCOTTY YOU LEGEND!!!
59 off 38, and three for 15!!!

CG123 added 6 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

Central are losing it themselves.

Why they are playing that Noama Barnett guy, I don't know???
He averages 11 with the bat, and 55 with he ball, at 10 an over, in 20 odd games.

I'm not sure why they bat both him and Weston (averaging like 17) above Napier and Oram, they done it last game as well.

Central have an extremely poor attack, with Taylor and Noma Barnett having to bowl four over's every game, and you wouldn't want to rely on 4 good overs out of Oram after seeing how he bowled. If they get to the CT, I feel their attack will get creamed.

Also Ross Taylor bowling, I was actually laughing at how bad he was. He bowled two in a row outside the tram line on the leg side, as well as other rubbish.

I feel Northern and Auckland would be are best bet at the CT. Don't really want to send Otago again, as another province should get a go after how they performed last time.

Wow, I didn't expect to see Auckland #1, and CD #3. A bit of a ****ty round for Otago :laugh

I reckon Neal Parlane might be a surprise call up for the Bangladesh T20 the guy has had a stunning series and has probably jumped ahead of Stewart in the process, his career stats are good as well.

He's been doing well, but he's not in the same class of Vincent. If anyone should be called up it's Vincent IMO. Plus we have no Ryder for a while now it seems so Vincent is an obvious replacement in all forms.

Agree that i'd select him ahead of Stewart.

For T20's while Ryder's out, I reckon:

B. McCullum (wk)
L. Vincent
M. Guptill
R. Taylor
S. Styris (BWL)
J. Franklin (BWL)
D. Vettori (BWL)
N. McCullum (BWL)
Three Pace Bowler (who knows who they'll be)

Every player in that top eight, bats in the top five for their province.
It would also provide us with seven good bowling options as well.

I would play Oram as a bowler besides last nights effort hes been good with the ball. Southee and Bond would be the other two seamers.

oops forgot about Tuffey so in that case Oram can piss off.

Last edited:
Oram's T20 bowling record is ████.
He has an average of 37.45 and an E/R of 8.79.

He does however have a great ODI bowling record, with an average of 30.76 and an E/R of 4.37.

He is averaging 19 in the HRV cup this year though I remember when he was averaging 70 odd with the ball for a while so hes improved his T20 bowling greatly.

Ok, I just saw them chuck his stats up yesterday, and then he got slapped for like 50, so I just assumed he was always a pretty average T20 bowler, outside that 5 for 14.

But if he's fit, he'll play anyway. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread