New Zealand Domestic Season

Hitchcock has been doing a decent job this year I was probably a bit harsh on him when I heard he was coming back to Wellington. :p

Queensland probably wish they promoted Vettori now. What a knock by him once again. Dilshan provided some good entertainment.

English like performance by Wellington. Looks like the last round will be a battle for last place between Canterbury and Wellington.

That run-out was bollocks. Does the third umpire and commentators not know the rules? The bails weren't dislodged until he was home.

Vettori is such a star.

Wellington's side is just dreadful. It's bowler friendly conditions. The bowlers were horrible. Where is Gillespie? I thought he was on the way back. Surely 4 overs isn't too strenuous. Considering he has the best figures for NZ in T20's you'd think he's be an auto selection looking at the Wellington side. As much as I don't really like the guy all that much.

It's about time an import stepped up too, though it's about time. None of them have dominated like they did over in the Big Bash. Of course, they're a bit over-rated, but players talked up that much like him and Shah should be smashing these 125-130 k bowlers all over the place. Arafail is just terrible. Napier has probably been the best and he's arguably the smallest name since he's not played international cricket. It's pretty unfair that Canterbury got screwed out of having one because we're accommodating South Africans trying to be NZ eligible. I just hope they have some better pros next year. I agree with what Bond said about having the Australian and NZ ones separate. Then we could have some Aus players playing in ours and NZ players in the Big Bash more.

Oh and also, not happy that Watling gets moved down the order so McGlashan can open. Watling is an opener. I like McGlashan's keeping, I think it's top notch. But the over-improvisation is not good.

Last edited:
We need 10 an over for the last five against Canterbury.
Should be a close finish, with Guptill still at the wicket.

Canterbury bowlers must really hater Guptill. That's 2 games now he's single handedly won for Auckland against us.

I'm glad Auckland won in a way because I want to see them in the final. Canterbury are out of it anyway.

What a great innings by Guptill though. Wow.

McCullum seems to be batting too slow IMO, I mean 22 runs off boundarys, so thats 4 balls. And 6 runs off the other 17 balls he faced. It's not the first time I've noticed this.
I guess I have to take our bad performances out on someone :laugh

He's been doing well, but he's not in the same class of Vincent. If anyone should be called up it's Vincent IMO. Plus we have no Ryder for a while now it seems so Vincent is an obvious replacement in all forms.

Agree that i'd select him ahead of Stewart.

Watling >>>>>> Vincent in OD's atm.

Watling isn't really any good at T20's, SR of 105 is way too slow, for mostly batting in the powerplays.

For the Bangladesh T20 Vincent should play because he's in form. Depending on how it goes then it's between Vincent and Watling.

The thing which annoys me is Watling would have been in contention also had they not moved him down the order. There was no need from Northern. There's a lot of things about Northern i'm not liking at the moment. Firstly they keep selecting Flynn who is utterly useless. Secondly they moved Watling down the order. Watling was just starting to lok good, he played a big fast innings earlier in the season and a few other littler ones from memory too.

I guess If we (otago) smash Auckland and Northern lose we will go through? Ahh well Auckland or Central would go alright in the CL.
Agree with those points irottev, Watling done nothing wrong to go down the order, and McGlashan done nothing right

If we (Auckland) beat Otago, we'll go through to the final no matter what.
I don't really care who we verse, out of CD and ND.
It's possible to have a 4 way tie on at the top. :facepalm

Looks like Otago might get done on run rates in the end they will need to win big and hope the other game goes their way.

Auckland should be in barring a bad loss and the other spot will be sorted out in the CD vs ND game.

It's possible to have a 4 way tie on at the top.
Yeah, there should really be an automatic qualifier and a semifinal, like in the big bash. Ahh well anything could happen

Users who are viewing this thread