New Zealand Domestic Season

de Boorder is a much better batsman than one who should be batting at 10 though... He should've been playing at 8 or so.
Yeah he can definately bat, but it's hard to find a spot for him in T20 when you have big hitters like Wagner and McSkimming down the order, I would have rather seen De Boorder open because Rutherford has done Jack All this season. And we also had Redmond out.

I'm not so sure about calling Wagner a bit hitter, considering his previous high score was 1 and he had scored 3 runs from 10 balls in his T20 career... McSkimming I can understand though.

I'm not so sure about calling Wagner a bit hitter, considering his previous high score was 1 and he had scored 3 runs from 10 balls in his T20 career... McSkimming I can understand though.
Well compared to De Boorder he is a big hitter, He has shown glimpses of his batting talent in FC cricket, but other than that he has severely underperformed (especially in T20). I know first hand that he can clear the ropes and he has 'some' batting talent. In fact he has hit some of the biggest sixes I've seen. Hesson must know he can bat a bit because he's been given a few opportunities in the middle-low order, but he's been pretty crap. And I saw he batted above Kruger Van Wyk when he debut in South African domestic, blah blah bed time :laugh

Well with the selection of Franklin and McKay the firebirds lose both their strike bowlers. Hitchcock to be our number one strike bowler? :laugh

With so many injuries already I am struggling to put together a team it might be time to call up some of those under 19 players.

Ari added 2 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Nevermind Hitchcock is returning to Auckland anyway. Howsie you should head down to Wellington you might get a game. :p

Gillespie shows so much promise but really doesn't deliver all that often kinda like Sinclair. He probably deserves a few more chances though.

Last edited:
Personally I've never seen anyhing to suggest Mark Gillespie will do well in international cricket, he's got decent pace but at the international level he doesn't do enough with the ball and is far too wayward.

He'll probably have lost pace now. He's still good enough to improve Wellington's current side probably.

Anyone think the 20/20 final will get underway today? I'd hate for it to be washed out like it was last season.

Anyone think the 20/20 final will get underway today? I'd hate for it to be washed out like it was last season.

It's raining/showering up here in Auckland, so probably good it's not up here.
Is the weather in Taranaki crap ATM???

I know they got a reserve day they...

It's raining/showering up here in Auckland, so probably good it's not up here.
Is the weather in Taranaki crap ATM???

I know they got a reserve day they...

It's suppose to be raining over the entire North Island :(

Well stags are batting first, lets hope the rain stays away!

-D-S-B- added 1 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

James Neesham!!:eek: Wow they've given him a go in the final!

Users who are viewing this thread