New Zealand Domestic Season

Arafat 100, idk what to think, He's too up and down, well played nevertheless

Haha. Arafail got his first ListA hundred. Fail Auckland. If he didn't fail so badly with the ball it may have actually mattered. They're still going to come up 60odd runs short.

Yay, he's in :D :laugh
Naaw he's out :(

Last edited:
I've decided I might do another campaign of Williamson will be a better batsmen then Hughes. I just noticed the "Prince's" average dropped to 34 after today's nine he made for NSW.

I might have to wait until Williamson pushes that FC average back up but....:p

108 not out from Williamson. The guy must get the call up in the next couple of seasons. He would be a good replacement for Hopkins after he screws up what must be his last chance at the Black Caps.

BJ also managed a 50. I am at a loss as to why he is not in the one day squad.

As Bill Lawry would say "its completely lacking in logic"

Williamson is certainly class I watched him get 70 odd in Hamilton last year played shots all around the ground. I don't see him playing before the 50 over world cup though I think the Blackcaps are trying the last of the new boys out right now to try and get a decont pool of players ready should there be some injuries.

Also welcome to the forum always nice to see new kiwi posters around.

Last edited:
Yeah I think its a pity that a young guy like that missed out when guys like Hopkins got the call in. I have always been a believer that the younger guys will benefit from debuting earlier and getting a decent shot at some international experience.

Remember that Vettori debuted as an 18 year old and look at him now!

The thing with picking Kane Williamson now is where would he bat? Both Guptill and Taylor have the number three and four spots nailed down, Elliott's been probably our best batsmen for the last year and he has five. There's no way in the world I'd want Williamson to bat any lower then five, or else we'd probably be looking at another Neil Broom if that was to happen.

I reckon Elliott will make room for him at some stage. Hes been doing so well recently but you don't see the same sort of class as you do from a Taylor, Ryder or Guptill hes also much older than the others and probably only has a few decent seasons left in him anyway. I do think Elliott has hit his peak already and it will only be down hill from now on for him. Not saying that he can't repeat some of his match winning innings that he has done so far but I doubt he will be able to do it as much as he has been.

Nah, Elliot's a star. Agree he doesn't look class but he's a tryer like Collingwood for example. He does his job and he's done nothing to warrent a dropping. He stays until there's a reason to drop him IMO.

Yeah, Elliot stay IMO as well.

I would push McCullum down the order to six/seven, push Guptill up to open.
Then you can bring Williamson into the side at number three, where he's been scoring all these runs.

So like this:

Ryder (6/7/8)
Guptill
Williamson (6/7/8)
Taylor
Elliot (6/7/8)
McCullum (wk)
Oram/Franklin (4/5) (only one can play, in the this team I have named)
Vettori (c) (4/5)
Mills (2) (when fit, otherwise Southee)
Bond (1)
Tuffey (3)

I am not saying drop Elliott right this second but of the current lot he will be the one to make room for Williamson when the time is right. Hes 31 next month and once players get to that 33 or 34 mark they tend to disappear after a dip in form. The greats do tend to go for longer but I can't see Elliott making it into that category.

As long as we get him in there before he turns 30. He should be the guy who gets a shot when Elliot, Broom, Ryder, Taylor or Guptill is injured

Users who are viewing this thread