New Zealand Domestic Season

Ahaha, Match tied between Auckland and Canterbury! Good Stuff

Ahaha, Match tied between Auckland and Canterbury! Good Stuff

Poor Canterbury. Really pleasing to see Papps finally has found some form. Bondy in the wickets though as to be expected a tad expensive due to probably being a bit wayward from rustiness. Styris gives the selectors yet another middle finger.

Great also to see Williamson with more runs. Keep it up young man.

107*, 70, 108*, 77. So going by that Williamson should make 109* in his next one day game :p What makes this run he's having at the moment even better is that all these runs have been made since moving to number three, really good signs for New Zealand cricket if Williamson can keep this form going at three when the FC season resumes.

Wellington are in trouble again today against Otago, they're currently 116-4 after 32 overs. Nick Beard and Nathan McCullum look to have been the best of Otago's bowlers.

Noticed the Hawke Cup is up for grabs today also, Manawatu batted first yesterday and made 298, Cleaver and Small (who were both in the under 19 team last month are in this team). Hawke's Bay are currently 70/5 with Small picking up 1/20 so far of 10. Doug Bracewel, Michael Taiaroa, and Jeremy Kuru are playing for Hawke's Bay.

What exactly is the Hawke Cup???
I see it being competed for every year, but have little to no idea whats behind it...

Can someone please just tell me a bit about it???

Read this: Hawke Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's pretty much a competition for New Zealand's District Associations. So for ND there is, Hamilton, Counties, Northland, Waikato Valley, Bay of Plenty, and Poverty Bay. The winner of the round robin competition between those six teams will play the winner of CD's District Association.

The teams are made up of the best club cricketers in each district, so if your not playing FC cricket for a first class team your be playing for one of those teams.

Shaun Haig 93* eew. I wont hate him as much if he can be bit more consistent.

Williamson is going to force his way into consideration with these kind of runs. Especially when Franklin is looking so fragile and Broom is yet to show any consistency. I know Franklin is holding a spot for Elliot but Williamson is definitely putting his hand up.

Another round of domestic cricket starts today. Wellington have got of to a flyer against Canterbury, Bond and Martin have both been given the treatment by Sam Rhodes who is currently 38 of 21 balls.

:laugh It seems every team batting lost thier first wicket at pretty much the same time. Goodish knock from Pollard.

Thought Bondy woulda come good by now. Maybe needs a few more games under his belt.

Canterbury don't wanna lose to Wellington, they want a home semi. They look like they'll be chasing 280-300ish.

We seem to be playing well against Canterbury just terrible against everyone else.

Bullick has been pretty impressive lately, he's got good pace and focuses on taking peoples heads off :laugh

I guess it's time Otago focused on the Plunket Shield, not going anywhere in this OD garbage :p

Users who are viewing this thread