New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

McCullum should just go out there and try and blast a quick 100, there's no point in hanging around the game is over.

Peter Fulton looks horrible too, get him out of the team.

Another session going Australia's way. They didn't allow New Zealand to score runs and to make matters worst, they picked up 5 wickets too. The Kiwis never really looked settled. It was Lee who made most damage. He has already got 4 wickes to his name and he is looking fo more indeed.

What a session for Aussies!! 5 wickets and the pitch is still a belter. Great spell from Lee and nice catch from Ponting. Kiwis playing like England , it could be all over in 4 days.

Lee/Johnson bowling with lot of fire atm and S.Clark is back to his best as well. Add Siddle in to the attack on the fast, bouncy WACA pitch........:D

Expected to lose it but guys please at least try and lose with some dignity :noway

On a positive note this will be the last day of Bracewell :D

and there goes Fulton when I see him play it reminds me of Matthew Sinclair a class player but just can't show it at international level. Its a mental thing nothing else.

Last edited:
Johnson wastes no time after lunch. First ball in Johnson's over takes the wicket of Fulton. It was a brilliant ball, hit the seam and moved just enough to hit three-quarters of the way up of off-stump.

What a fitting way to end ;) jk

It really is a fitting way to end it I think NZ were about 3rd in the test rankings when he took over the team and with this lose today we will drop to 8th behind the West Indies. Part of it was losing some class players like Fleming, Bond, Astle, McMillan, Cairns but it was certainly more than just that.

Todays performance just about sums it up perfectly.

Last edited:
when O'brien comes in you can expect Lee to come on to bowl and repay him for those bouncers yesterday.

I can't wait for that! Poor O'Brien, shouldn't of been dishing those out when Brett can bowl upwards of 140km/h.

A marginally better session for the Kiwis. They lost 3 wickets compared to 5 in the morning session. McCullum started to look good towards the end and that is something to smile about. But not much cheer for the Kiwis otherwise. They are battling hard to survive but how long can they?

Aus looking for breakthrough but this is NZ best partership of this inngs,Aus completely shattered NZ in 1st session..

McCullum played a good innings. But they lost the game.

Poor Lee still can't get more than 5 wickets in an inns or 10 wickets in a match. Good win in the end, bowlers did well while the Kiwis batting crumbled again leaving little support for McCullum. That is one of the problems having him at 7 but it is his best position just no one seems to be able to support him at the other end.

Users who are viewing this thread