New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

but this side is really empty compared to the one that beat us in NZ a couple of years ago. I mean from when they looked a really dangerous side with, McMillan, Vincent, Marshall, Bond, Franklin, Oram, they were all pretty good, where did they all go? most to the ICL i think, NZ have been really hurt by that. If they had a full strength side what would it look like?

McMillan - "Retired" aka ICL
Vincent - ICL
Marshall - ICL
Bond - ICL
Franklin - Injured
Oram - Injured

Yea I agree the side doesn't look anywhere near as good as it use to. :( At least Australia is not at full strength either.

But you've still got guys coming in who have immense talent, Ryder, McCullum, Taylor, Guptill, Southee. I reckon these guys on their day would win games off their own bats, and yes including Southee lol. There's just a problem with NZ players converting talent into performance. Dunno what's up with that.

Never underestimate NZ when playing us, they always lift even when their team ain't the best. What they have here is a pretty good one, the batting will take it to our bowlers. We will see how the bowlers go against our batting.

Never write us off. We're most dangerous when no one gives us a chance.

but this side is really empty compared to the one that beat us in NZ a couple of years ago. I mean from when they looked a really dangerous side with, McMillan, Vincent, Marshall, Bond, Franklin, Oram, they were all pretty good, where did they all go? most to the ICL i think, NZ have been really hurt by that. If they had a full strength side what would it look like?

If we could pick the ICL guys our team would look something like this.

1.Ryder
2.McCullum
3.Guptill
4.Taylor
5.McMillan
6.Vincent
7.Oram
8.Vettori
9.Mills
10.Southee
11.Bond

12.Marshall

Quite a shame really, before McMillan went to the ICL he was playing very well. Although alot of the players left because of the way Bracewell treated them. EG: Lou Vincent

If they quit they can probably play.

I'd say we have a real chance at winning this series watching how SA are going.

Its good to see bowlers who are taking pace off the ball are doing great in the SA series because our entire attack does that its giving me some hope. If our top order can fire we are in with a good chance.

I bet you in the next few months we'll add Chris Martin to that list of ICL rebels. Especially with the way the selectors have treated him and a few other players. I hope NZC gets rid of Turner, Nash & Greatbatch, and just have Wright & Moles handling selections cause the others have NFI

Well two of them are too busy playing beach cricket and haven't been watching domestic cricket or anything. Right in the middle of our summer. Shouldn't be allowed.

I think Ryder is a tad bit overrated, but that's coming from someone who watches very little domestic cricket. I don't think he's opening material, more like a number 6 who could give them a quickfire 35, 50 at best. Guptill is an absolute gun, I saw his debut game and he is very very good. I'm also a huge fan of Ross Taylor and think he can play to his full potential at number 3.

You're joking. He is not over-rated. He just needs more experience so that he can keep going in his innings. Not many players can play with the same ease, power and timing Ryder can. There's incredible talent there.

Users who are viewing this thread