New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

This Ferguson lad looks bloody good. He's impressed me throughout the series, has all the shots, very rarely mis-times the ball and finds the gaps. Very impressive!

Superb explosion of runs, but it looks like there's 200 in the wicket now. The slow start might define the match.

Haddin might be a good ODI opener but he is no T20 opener. He just doesn't have that ability to score at a real high strike rate.

Yep, you certainly got that one spot on ;) Haddin's been awesome, after a pretty rank looking start, failing to time the ball and just trying to hit the ball to hard he's found his timing and his shots and has looked fantastic.

168 for Australia, could be enough, just depends if McCullum and Taylor get going or not. Hopefully McCullum'll play well, I love watching McCullum on form. Watched his 170 State Cup Final for Otago again this morning and if he finds form anywhere near as good as that then 168 will be nowhere near enough. I'm watching though, so he's going to fail :(

Haddin and Fergo were going nuts! Brilliant stuff their. A good total considering the position we were in, it's definitely competitive and defendable.

Dunno how we keep giving Haddin runs :/ They can't have done their homework.

We messed up, Aussies got 10-18 more runs then they should have. But we can chase it. Will take some good batting. Frankly I don't care. We were losing the series anyway, may as well try our best.

I dunnno how Fergason hits yorkers for four so well. He got pretty lucky. Elliot shoulda had him run out really, was real close. Plus they shoulda had Haddin? caught off Elliot by either Vettori or O'Brien. Those chances will probably cost us the game.

As a Twenty/20 it's only a par total. There's 2 extra overs so I think we're on top. It's just, I don't like the chances of the inexperienced batting getting it. Taylor or McCullum have to fire. Guys like Fulton will probably slow us down and ruin it.

It feels like it wouldn't be enough if the opponent was India, but may be enough against NZ without Oram or Ryder.

Yep, you certainly got that one spot on ;) Haddin's been awesome, after a pretty rank looking start, failing to time the ball and just trying to hit the ball to hard he's found his timing and his shots and has looked fantastic.

He certainly can open in T20 :) Just we shouldn't be expecting him to go off from ball one, so we need a Warner or similar to get us off to a flyer while Haddin gets himself in.

Might be too early to call but Ferguson looks to have made the step up a lot better than Dussey has. At full strength I would be putting him at 4.

If the Aussie score goes up from this delay then I bet it's on purpose. fliping cheats. I'm gonna go nuts and storm to bed. We're going to get screwed in the bum from the D/L I can tell.

edit nevermind. We need 156. It's gone down. GOOD

Hilfy you beauty, one of the better balls he has bowled this summer. Huge wicket of McCullum who could have made this target easy.

Great start. Think they're going to run out of firepower really quick if they just play ridiculous shots like that.

Users who are viewing this thread