New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

There's nothing for the bowlers while the rain continues. A tough paradox for umpires. If they end play they abandon the game, but if they don't end play it may become completely unfair.

And just as the rain eases off, so does Fulton. I think this will be abandoned, heavier rain is coming.

cant get to a tv. Is it still raining?
Cricinfo hasnt mentioned any rain for a while.

Cricinfo getting everything wrong. Just had Taylor on 10 off 3 balls but those were Guptills.

Geez we are in trouble, Hilfy is getting whacked now Johnson. And we don't know what Siddle will do. I think we need the rain!

Taylor and Elliott didn't need to blaze away as Guptill is doing more than enough going at a strike rate over 200. He looks in great touch tonight, it's a good thing we have Mills at the other end as our bowlers can create pressure on him.

Okay, so he didn't have to hang off anyone to take it, but imagine someone was there and play along with the AFL metaphor.

I thought Diamanti was meant to be a batting all rounder, surely he should have come in before Mills. Mills looked all at sea against Siddle and was the same against Johnson in the last match.

Too bad for Hussey that would have been the classic catch of the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread