New Zealand in Australia Nov-Dec 2008 Feb 2009

If Guptill can keep going, and find a decent partner in either Diamanti or Southee or Vettori, then this game is within easy reach. 66 off 60 balls is nothing in T20. A doddle as Sir Bumble would say.

This is getting a little too tight. Gotta get a wicket now and have some runs remaining to work the bottom.

D/L wouldn't contain variable factors would it? NZ really do seem on top...

Or I guess there is none.

Hotspot didn't show anything, but the snick remains unexplained.

Hotspot didn't show anything and when looking at the video on slow motion it wasn't near the bat.

It will be a real shame if the game ends like this, such a close one

Come on rain :D

Be careful what you wish for ;) Shame, Richie Benaud believes that's it for the game, so that means it'll end as a no result with Australia regaining the Chappell-Hadlee trophy! Shame for the Kiwi's, they were so close and were definitely on top with Guptill going brilliantly.

The match has been called-off, so Australia retains the trophy. Superb batting from Guptil today.

We were robbed. :( Series to New Zealand as far as i'm concerned. We've been rooted by controversial dismissals, shocking umpiring and now the rain.

Diamanti didn't really bat very well. It was only Hopes he could actually hit. The 130k+ bowlers were too quick. Never want to see him play again TBH but I do think he gave it a good effort. Just out of his league.

irottev added 1 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

Why can't they just play this tomorrow morning. Seriously. It'll take like half an hour. They really need to show common sense.

We retain the Chappel-Hadlee trophy :D It wasnt pretty but we got the job done. Good fightback after the first 2 games. Im glad 20 over slogfest didn't decide the winner.

BTW great batting from Haddin and Ferguson.

The umpires kept NZ in the game when the rain first broke, so I can see no complaint about their final decision. They tried hard to deliver a contest and at least in spirit, there was one.

You would be glad, since you were going to lose.

^ They had to go off. I never complained about that. Bucknor tried his best, you could see he was gutted about ruining an exciting game and upset. The Aussie one wanted off the first time I reckon.

Bad luck to NZ they batted how you should in a T20. We would have lost due to that slow start we had and once again the bowling. Our best bowler was the guy on debut the rest were as bad as each other.

Users who are viewing this thread