New Zealand in England

He's about 83 that's why. He'd play one test, score 20 runs and we'll never see him again. Remember when we gave Darren Gough a recall? He got carted around all over the place. Pensioners shouldn't get recalls.

Why should Collingwood be dropped when we've got Bell and Pietersen in worse form? I say we drop none of them, it's solidarity in selection that makes great teams.

Bell's averaging 46 this season, and Pietersen's average is also higher. Pietersen has also hit a hundred in a problem situation, when we desperately needed him. Pietersen should never be dropped, he's our best player technically, and has the capability if it clicks to take the attack to the opposition. He's our only batsman that has an extrovert technique, and offers something different.

He also just hit Vettori straight down the ground for 6. Pietersen ftfw :D.

Collingwood's in awful form, needs the shoulder operation, and some time with Durham. Take a chance England, get one of the young guns in the side, someone who's going to take the attack to the opposition. Luke Wright's already hit a hundred against New Zealand for the Lions, and i'd love to see him in the side. Get him in, give the lad a chance, he will shine.

So good to see Strauss back in form. Of course, this isn't the best bowling attack he will face but he's reverted back to his successful technique.

Jacob Whoram :D Manee do you not count ODI's as international cricket then or are you just completely ignoring Stuart Broads success for England in ODI's?

Manee do you not count ODI's as international cricket then or are you just completely ignoring Stuart Broads success for England in ODI's?

Apologies. Meant Test cricket.

manee added 0 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

He's about 83 that's why. He'd play one test, score 20 runs and we'll never see him again. Remember when we gave Darren Gough a recall? He got carted around all over the place. Pensioners shouldn't get recalls.

Gough is a fast bowler who'd body was starting to weaken. Ramprakash is currently in the form of his life.

Great answer by England so far just another 88 required.
And Strauss you are still a Champ.
'By the way If Staruss is facing weak bowling attack then sir please drop your all reamining batsmans because at last Strauss has keep scoring against weak bowling attack where your great players don't.

I like Ramps although the way he's not got that 100th hundred makes me feel that he still has a few mental issues when batting under pressure.

Give Broad a chance, he took a while in ODI's to come good, his batting is very good and he shows a lot of character which we'll need against the Saffies.

100 for Strauss and very well played, good batting by England and this is what we can do when we play with a bit of intent. KP looks like himself, getting an early one you can understand but getting to 30 and then just defending isn't KPs way so why do it, I don't mind if he gets out with the occasional silly shot doing it.

Great answer by England so far just another 88 required.
And Strauss you are still a Champ.
'By the way If Staruss is facing weak bowling attack then sir please drop your all reamining batsmans because at last Strauss has keep scoring against weak bowling attack where your great players don't.

If that was directed at me, then read the last few pages of this thread and you'll see that we talking about our middle order being dropped.

A century from Strauss - the first man to make one in a 4th innings at Old Trafford. England just 4 runs from, win or lose, holding the highest ever 4th innings at Old Trafford.

Beautiful innings from Strauss finally comes to an end. Here comes the collapse ;). Just hope Pietersen leads us home. He's played very well so far, looks to be back to his old self, coming down the pitch to the spinner, attacking the quicks by using the crease. Signs looking good for Englands top order, just need to do it in a 1st innings now.

If that was directed at me, then read the last few pages of this thread and you'll see that we talking about our middle order being dropped.

I was just concerned about Strauss and yes I have read all pages of these thread as I always do.

vaibhav mehta added 0 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

Dman I have jinxed Staruss.:(
Great knock boy..

Would have been nice for Strauss to have been there as we won. 47 to win, 4 and a half session to do it, 7 wickets in hand. It's ours.

skater added 3 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Not good. We don't need to push for two with only 46 to win.

Users who are viewing this thread