New Zealand in England

I don't think you should drop 2 established players based on 2 poor games. Bell and Colly have been there for us in the past and Ambrose scored a match winning hundred in New Zealand. Broad has huge potential, which is why he is in the team. His batting at 8 has been the main reason for keeping him in the side, rightly or wrongly.

I am doing an article for this game, so keep an eye on the front page. But I have an exam this afternoon so todays' report may not be as in depth as it could be.

James Anderson has survived an Injury Scare this morning, It was just on Sky Sports News, He was warming up playing some Touch rugby, and he went over on his anke in an awkward position, he recieved some treatment, and tried to bowl again.

There is no news at the moment on how he is doing, but At the moment, England are unchanged.

I wouldn't bet on a double hundred in this game, top score at Trent Bridge this season is 131 from Matt Prior, with no team making over 279 in an innings, seems Englands run of failing to reach 400 in the first innings of a test will continue.

NZ have missed a trick leaving Southee out aswell, it's definitely going to swing, and he's your best swing bowler. Could be a key mistake. Nice to see McCullum moving up to 3 though, Marshall was awful.

I'm not happy at the selected side. Very weak. I'm considering boycotting watching it at all.

McCullum's back is no good? Yet he's at 3? That makes no sense to me.

At least we won the toss, i'd bet a lot of cash we'll bowl poorly.

edit: That new stand is hideous.

Last edited:
I'm not happy at the selected side. Very weak. I'm considering boycotting watching it at all.

McCullum's back is no good? Yet he's at 3? That makes no sense to me.

At least we won the toss, i'd bet a lot of cash we'll bowl poorly.

edit: That new stand is hideous.

Yeah, he batting at 3. But not keeping.

The new stand issue, I don't think its that bad, I actually like it, No why Can't Lancashire build something like that? :eek:

PS. The ball IS swinging big time, first over went for 6, but you can see where the ball will swing during the day. Come on England!!

Yeah, he batting at 3. But not keeping.

I understand why they did it as, like I've already mentioned, Hopkins was in great nick at Northampton and when my friend went to chat with Flynn she said that you could tell he's still very groggy and shaky. So, if you play both McCullum and Hopkins, Hopkins keeps.

EDIT: When talking about Flynn, I meant that he needs extra batting in the line up to protect him.

Last edited:
Looks like England won't be breaking that 400 mark anytime this year.

I understand why they did it as, like I've already mentioned, Hopkins was in great nick at Northampton and when my friend went to chat with Flynn she said that you could tell he's still very groggy and shaky. So, if you play both McCullum and Hopkins, Hopkins keeps.

EDIT: When talking about Flynn, I meant that he needs extra batting in the line up to protect him.

Looking at your sig, its good to see some one putting money Into Ebbsfleet, they need it, We drew with them. :D

Struass looking good, lets hope KP can get a big knock here now.

If Pietersen gets out today I hope he gets out properly. Like trying to hit the most almighty 6 in the history of the game and pulling a hamstring whilst doing it. I'd rather him get out aggressively than these stupid run outs and fannyish prod shots that he keeps getting dismissed with.

If Pietersen gets out today I hope he gets out properly. Like trying to hit the most almighty 6 in the history of the game and pulling a hamstring whilst doing it. I'd rather him get out aggressively than these stupid run outs and fannyish prod shots that he keeps getting dismissed with.

Hmm...

I want him to have a crap innings here, but do stunning at OT in the twenty20.

He is a legend, and a sporting Idol to me. :hpraise

Pietersen will get a ton today. Mark my words.

new zealand have had a decent start but need to build on it.

Users who are viewing this thread