New Zealand in England

Strauss and Bell gone within 5 minutes. 3 wickets, 2 runs. :eek:

Oh my god. Not another England collapse...

Collingwood now proving why he SHOULDNT be in the test squad.

Was a good catch by Ross Taylor though.

Kevin Pieterson is our only hope now.... Unless ambrose can do something...

Last edited:
England are in big trouble. They're already at 86-5 with two ducks and Mills taking three wickets.

Oh FFS!!!!!!!!!!! Collingwood is like a lame horse! the only kind thing to do is take him out back and shoot him!!!!!!!!!! TOTAL! JOKE! what the hell is going to happen when we have to face some seamers who are actually good?!?!?!? Dale Styne is going to love this!!!!!!!!!!!! PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!

No need to worry, it's a bowler's pitch this one. However, I hope it's not like the Trent Bridge Test last year which was definitely a 'win the toss win the game' pitch.

Three wickets down to awful shot selection and the other down to someone who hasn't really got any runs of late (Cook) and is lacking confidence. It's just not good enough.

And now Collingwood's gone. He's so out of form it's silly. Went forward, got stuck and just hung the bat there inviting the ball to take the edge. Decent enough ball but a Colly in better form won't get out to that.

I just can't play the shots bell and Collingwood played and lost there wickets.

KP and Ambrose starting to build a nice little partnership, lets hope they can keep this up.

Cook can stay, he's awesome. Yes he's out of form but mentally I'd say he's stronger than everyone and he can definitely come out of his slump and he's as talented as any of them apart from KP.

As for Colly and Bell, Bopara and Shah would make more runs so they should play. Broad can bat better than half this side too lol, he is definitely a player that will make 100s though.

btw I don't want to curse this but KPs conversion rate when he gets past 50 in recent times has been awesome. (Please don't get out now :p)

its just a shame this is the last test match in this series, as i have a feeling that the selectors will not want to change much at the start of a new series so we would even have the same 11 against south africa in the first test. i think if there was 1 more test against new zealand then collingwood would have to make a score in the 2nd innings or be dropped for Bopara.
i hope he is anyway, england simple arnt good enough to carry someone like this, we are struggling agains NZ never mind SA! and with beel in such poor form as well the middle order is not making enough runs to be kept in the team. KP is due a score so i hope he goes on to get a 100 and is syill there at the close of play.

oh, also want to point out that 30 overs was bowled in the 2nd session! cant remember the last time i saw that in a test match! well done New Zealand

Well I think Pietersen is safe for the moment with his excellent innings (71* at time of post) but I think Bell must go and Bopara must replace him, I also think Ramprakash should replace Collingwood, Ambrose is playing well (44* at time of post)

I hope that England will shake up the middle order because it has been poor for too long now

We haven't scored 400 in the first innings of a Test Match for 11 Tests apparently

and yes again,I am tired of it.
Glad to see KP geting some runs but still not looks like in great touch so far.
No other Choice for KP now,must need to score a ton.
Ambrose well,acting 100 times more better than Prior.Much controlled and responsible.
Hope KP will mark england to 350+ at least.

Pietersen will get a ton today. Mark my words.
Good shout :p

KP needs to carry on and get some more runs now, look to make a big score. Hopefully Ambrose can do and stay there with him for a long time, with Broad and Sidebottom to come there's enough batting for us to post a big total, maybe past that 400 mark!

I'm glad I kept the faith. There's always a chance when you're playing against New Zealand.

Users who are viewing this thread