New Zealand tour of England - May/June 2015

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Knowing our luck DL will take a small effect and knock out most of the spinners overs...

Well I think they still have to bowl 2 overs of spin, but apart from that, you're spot on.

D/L seems to totally screw over chasing sides when you go for big totals. Similar thing happened to Somerset end of last year. Chasing 370+ and they lost two overs and something like 12 runs, to fall a few runs short of a win. Needs looking at with the scoring rates going up and the field restrictions being different.

EDIT: This is the Scorecard. 10 runs lost for 2 overs.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
well thanks duckworth-lewis

the real problem is that before this McCullum was struggling to find bowlers for the rest of the game; while now he only has 1 over to find because I think that Southee is still allowed to bowl 10

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Southee can only finish off his over. McCullum needs 2 overs from Santner, his brother or Grant Elliott, most likely.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
And they're all out there with a few minutes to spare, so why can't we fit in another over? :rolleyes

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Another good game ruined by rain. Here's hoping for better luck come Sunday.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Lads I've enjoyed watching England play One Day cricket twice this week

That feels very odd to say

e: Also I'm going to Durham next Saturday, and based on these two games it should be a cracker; although knowing my luck it'll rain

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Lads I've enjoyed watching England play One Day cricket twice this week

That feels very odd to say

e: Also I'm going to Durham next Saturday, and based on these two games it should be a cracker; although knowing my luck it'll rain

Going to the rose bowl on Sunday and thought during the game that knowing my luck it will be the onewhere they fight over a score of 120!

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Absolute cracking run chase bogged down by shitty weather. Well played both sides but can't help but think that NZ got a lucky escape tonight.

bigred

Club Captain
Absolute cracking run chase bogged down by shitty weather. Well played both sides but can't help but think that NZ got a lucky escape tonight.

I reckon it was 55/45 in England's favour before the rain break and then 85/15 in NZ favour after the DL calculations.

I think squeezing one more bowler in might be an option now. Our top 6 look the real deal and we basically bat down to 10. So I'd bring in Willey for Billings. Nothing against Billings, but we may have only been chasing 375 had we had the extra bowling option.

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Wood in for Jordan as well perhaps given his performance today and the fact he appears to have a niggle.

grkrama

National Board President
never expected england to turn up like this in odi well played..morgan seems to have found his form after ipl ..why was this team not sent to WC ?

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I feel for England, Morgan, Plunkett and Adil Rashid as they were almost in the winning ways, God punished them. 54 off 37 to 34 off 13 was way worst as 24 balls reduced with a reduction of of just 20 runs. When Morgan was somewhere near 50 I started watching the game and was really entertained by Plunkett and Rashid in the end. Some 2 am was crossed here when I went to sleep(after finishing the game). Hard Luck England and the men from UK.

richowebbo

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
D/L is an odd thing. Doesn't seem to make any sense at all.

That was a great match though, just ruined by the rain and D/L.

I think Broad should come in for Jordan, who is just to erratic and Taylor for Billings. I hadn't seen Billings play until the last 2 games, and I don't rate him on those performances. I also think Butler should be above Stokes in the order.

Looking forward to the next match now. Its been a long time since I've enjoyed England ODI cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread