Emerging Players Tournament 2008

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
He played an extra game. That explains it. I never looked at them after the final.

^ 7 wickets. :( I wonder why Boult didn't play. We scored enough runs maybe. Maybe not quick enough.

Last edited:

.Mob

International Coach
Kohli hits a ton! Tiwary also gets a half century for us, and Dhawan succeeds yet again with another half century. Nayar got Guptill, the centurion, out too. All in all, a very good victory for us.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Badri only got four. :(

Bye bye Champions trophy, slightest slip up from Badri and I bet he's out of reckoning now.
Kholi has a bigger chance to make it, looking through the eyes of the selectors.

.Mob

International Coach
Badri only got four. :(

Bye bye Champions trophy, slightest slip up from Badri and I bet he's out of reckoning now.
Kholi has a bigger chance to make it, looking through the eyes of the selectors.

So pessimistic, the selectors aren't that stupid. :noway

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Yes, yes they are.

Rohit Sharma got the test call up! :noway

They dropped Murali Kartik after a 6-fer!

That's all i can think of right now but trust me on this - Indian selectors suck.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Forrest has gone really well, hope it's a sign of him turning the corner and clicking into gear when the domestic season starts.
Henriques has been solid, still needs a bit more consistency. Michael Hill has been alright a good all round performance in the last game against SA.

Our side has been very batsmen heavy in all the games, we are relying on too many all rounders for my liking. Would have been good to see Josh Hazlewood given a go and a few other young bowlers.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I have a feeling Badrinath will be selected for the Champions Trophy. He's certainly inching a lot closer.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I have a feeling Badrinath will be selected for the Champions Trophy. He's certainly inching a lot closer.
If he's selected, he sure as hell won't play!

Didn't Badri play for the Super Kings? If he did, I'm surprised Dhoni hasn't picked him up.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
If he's selected, he sure as hell won't play!

Didn't Badri play for the Super Kings? If he did, I'm surprised Dhoni hasn't picked him up.

I know! Yet Gony finds himself playing for India!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Quite a high scoring affair in our latest match against India. AIS made 5/371 with Henriques top score with 124 and Doropoulos next with 107. In reply India were all out for 353 in 46.2 overs. Doropoulos capped off an all round performance with 3 wickets, Sullivan also grabbed 3. Was hoping to see Henriques bowl.

.Mob

International Coach
Raina hit a ton, Badri nearly got one, so Badri's chances are improving by the match. On the bad side, we didn't achieve what could have been a brilliant chase, and Nayar got run out for 5 as well being tonked.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Australian Centre of Excellence vs National Cricket Academy at Albury Oval, Sandgate

ACE 5/371 (50.0)
Henriques 124
Doropoulos 107
Warner 80

The NCA sent the ACE in to bat, which they were very happy to do. Looks like this AIS team will be good for a few careers, which is a bit of a contrast with previous teams. Doropoulos presented in an unusual role as opener, with which he used his powerful strokeplay to full advantage. In spite of the talent pool at WA, Doro is forcing his case and I can imagine a surprise call up for the all rounder. In the field, none of the IPL stars could bag a second wicket, with Amit Mishra taking 10 runs an over.

NCA 351 (46.2)
Raina 115
Badrinath 95
Sullivan 3/62
Doropoulous 3/68

At first glance, it looks like the NCA put up a tough fight, but only two players scored over 30. The immense partnership between Raina and Badrinath was key, but once broken, wickets tumbled and it was not batsmen, but hard hitting tailenders Gony and Mishra who were glad to give some stick back after copping it earlier. In losing their last 8 wickets for 136 runs, the experienced Indian batsmen will be looking to improve consistency.

NZ Emerging Players vs South Africa Emerging Players at WEP Harris Oval, University of Queensland

NZEP 8/276 (50.0)
Guptill 65
De Villiers 2/54
Parnell 2/63

NZ lost wickets throughout, but the batsmen made continual contributions, with Guptill, then Hay and finally Hiini hanging around long enough to keep some stability to the innings. In a very New Zealand style innings, partnerships continued to form and they were able to take advantage of a good wicket through sheer effort. Lonwabo Tsotsobe was miserly with the new ball at just 3 runs per over, but it was overall a tough day for the pacemen.

SAEP 9/266 (50.0)
Khan 98
Elgar 47
Schaw 3/40
Hiini 3/51

The South African top order was strong with Imraan Khan starring and their position was good early on. Alas, senior players such as Amla and van Jaarsveld fell cheaply as a left arm wrist spinner came to the fore. Robbie Schaw played the role of the damned Chinaman, who was the pick of the bowlers, although new ball bowler Brent Arnel applied pressure early on with 3 maidens.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Two pretty close matches there. This tournament seems to be one of extremes. Very high scores and very low scores have already been seen. In terms of run rate required, India seemed to have it under control but needed more support from the middle order which failed rather miserably.

As I said earlier, Badrinath is inching closer every game.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Henriques 100 came in 67 balls, he sure can hit the ball when he wants to. If he gets that bowling sorted he could be the next Flintoff/Oram in terms of aggressive batting all rounders.
Doropoulos surely will find a spot in WA FRC 11 and Forrest likewise in NSW lineup.

Users who are viewing this thread