Emerging Players Tournament 2009 (Aus, NZ, SA, IND)

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Its not law of averages, its curse of cups.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
:banana2... and South Africa CHOKE again! They probably deserved to win the trophy but oh well, I'm happy India won.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Looks like SA used up their bowlers get out of jail card. India seem to peak at the right time to take the tournament.

Wasn't a good ending for Cooper who was so good early on. Great to see Quinley finally make a 100 and Wade has been impressive this tournament along with Smith.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Good ending for BJ Watling, scoring 95* against India and then scoring 110* yesteday. Overall it was a pretty poor tournament from this team, although this team was fairly young.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
It makes sense that the Indians got a lot better as the tournament wore on, for a start it's a pretty experienced side, but also the games were played mostly on the same pitches. While they might have started green and unfamiliar, they would have worn into something much more suitable. Then the final is a switch to the AIS home ground, the Allan Border Field, a guaranteed perfect batting pitch. It would have taken the wind out of the South Africans' sails.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
The experienced Indian were all fail.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
It was young ones and less experienced who performed.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Mishra did very well. The top scorers were Kohli, Rahane, Badrinath, Saha and Nayar. Tiwary was very quiet, but made a 50 in the T20s. You might look at Kohli and Rahane as young, but they've been around for a while and played more matches than many of the others in the squad. They would be right in the middle in terms of experience. Although the most senior 5 or 6 hardly carried the team, I don't think a surprising amount of success just came out of nowhere. I think it was well balanced.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Heard Mishra's interview. He said the balls were bigger than normal resulting in less control and grip for spinners.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I heard Mishra talking of Orange ball. I thought I must have heard wrongly.

Bowling with green, yellow, orange duke balls was a learning experience because it is something we are not used to. The seam was up of those balls and it would swing after getting old too hence it was difficult to adjust but it was fun bowling with them

Bowling with multi-coloured balls was a lesson: Dhaval

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Thats strange, why would they be using different coloured balls? And why were they using Duke balls in Australia?

Users who are viewing this thread