Emerging Players Tournament 2009 (Aus, NZ, SA, IND)

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
AIS were bowled out for 176

India are chasing it down quickly at the moment though, 0-77 after 11 overs.

This Rahane batsmen looks like a good prospect, a FC average of 61 is always nice

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Duval has picked up three wickets so far, India have just lost three wickets for about 10 runs.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Our bowlers are leaking runs again just like the SA game. Duval has done well so far, probably the best bowler for AIS. India is starting to wobble with only 26 runs needed after losing their 5th wicket.

irottev

School Cricketer
Lost off the last ball lols. Southee needs to work on his economy. He's getting frequent wickets which is a good sign though. Why on earth did Martin play?

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Lost off the last ball lols. Southee needs to work on his economy. He's getting frequent wickets which is a good sign though. Why on earth did Martin play?

I have no idea tbh.

You're right about Southee though, the good thing though is that he is picking up early wickets and bowling quite fast, good signs.

nz0003

International Cricketer
Martin and Fulton GTFO.

Fulton has proved hes not up to Test Cricket, so we shouldn't play him in a Emerging Players team FFS. Martin is going to get nothing out of these games compared to some young player aka. Trent Boult.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
You have to wonder what Boult's done to piss the selectors off, I mean he's only 19 he played in this last year and he was called up into the NZ team for the Chappell-Hadlee series.

For a kid with so much talent I hope NZC don't waste it.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Ajinkya Rahane looks a hell of a prospect. Though he has been tremendously consistent in recent times, the media exposure that some of the other guys get hasnt been given to him much (which can be good in a way). He will definitely play for India in the next 2-3 years. He has had a wonderful tournament so far (3rd fifty so far?).

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Fourth ball after lunch and Australia lose another wicket

Make that 7-20

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
:facepalm Is that a joke? How on earth did they get bowled out for 44. :noway
Can't believe India is still a chance to make the finals, thought they had lost most of their games. Hope NZ beat them.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
:facepalm Is that a joke? How on earth did they get bowled out for 44. :noway
Can't believe India is still a chance to make the finals, thought they had lost most of their games. Hope NZ beat them.

REALLY!? :laugh. :D. I thought they were out for sure! That's good news! Hopefully it'll spur them on to finally play some decent cricket.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
:laugh

I dont think Indians will win when it matters. But if they make to finals then you know RSA history. :banana2

Users who are viewing this thread