Emerging Players Tournament 2009 (Aus, NZ, SA, IND)

naresh091

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Really poor performance from a team which was conisdered to be virtual winners of the tournament.Badri has just worsened his chances of getting into the team.Atleast Rahane and Kohli are showing some hints of their batting prowess.Im backing Badri for a consolation century though.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Good to see McDermott getting a go, did well with 3 wickets. Smith and Cooper were great for us again, I really hope they carry that form when the Domestic season starts.

The SA side is awesome, especially the batting which again chased down a sizeable total.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
McDermott has obvious potential, but if the talent runs in his family, the injuries might as well.

nz0003

International Cricketer
I'm sort of split as to when New Zealand should select him tbh. There was an article about him on Cricinfo a few months back and most of the NZ domesic coaches were saying that he still needs another 1-2 years of domestic cricket before making the NZ team, plus performing at a high level. We don't need another Tim Southee situation.

But knowing the NZ selectors I could quite easily see him playing for us within the next year, most likely in the ODI team. I still think he needs a full season batting at three for ND before playing for NZ though, he batted at 4-5 all last season. If he does well at three I would expect to see him in the test team within the next year or two.

Jamal Idris, haha sure is. Beast of a man if you ask me lol

If their going to bring Williamson into the test team, stick him in at 6. Like a mini apprenticeship, they did it with Flynn and it worked out well.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
If their going to bring Williamson into the test team, stick him in at 6. Like a mini apprenticeship, they did it with Flynn and it worked out well.

Yeah well that's pretty much the only place that could be available.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
What a talent that Cooper is, if he keeps this form up I can see him getting into the Aussie side.
Other than him our batting was far too slow especially for SA's batting.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
What a talent that Cooper is, if he keeps this form up I can see him getting into the Aussie side.
Other than him our batting was far too slow especially for SA's batting.

Or maybe he can find a IPL team :p

Looks like a bloody good talent though, he has a pretty good List A record doesn't he.

http://ls.cricket.com.au/HomeFullScorecard110_2452_3.html

It's only a T20 so I wouldn't read to much into it but atleast we finally had a win :D

Bennett had a good game though, as did Te Ahu Davis

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Yea Cooper averages 59 from 5 games with two 50s and a 100. Surely these games he played here should count towards his List A stats?

And I don't know why I was worried about India having their internationals ;) They have been real poor.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Yea Cooper averages 59 from 5 games with two 50s and a 100. Surely these games he played here should count towards his List A stats?

And I don't know why I was worried about India having their internationals ;) They have been real poor.

I don't think they ever have, they should though.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Cooper is an opener, he was bound to fail sooner or later given his high standards previously. Looks like the sleeping giant has finally awoken. Triffitt and Smith are the last of the batters but Holland must be able to bat if he is above Duval.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Cooper is an opener, he was bound to fail sooner or later given his high standards previously. Looks like the sleeping giant has finally awoken. Triffitt and Smith are the last of the batters but Holland must be able to bat if he is above Duval.

Ok, I didn't know that. He hasn't opened in every game during this tournament though so that's why I was asking :D

5-138 at the moment, India look to be on top

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I think he has opened once or twice but then got pushed down the order.

Smith is gone now, its down to the bowlers to get them out of this mess.

Users who are viewing this thread