New Zealand Tour of the West Indies - June-August 2012

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Anyone been watching this? It's on at completely the wrong time for Aussies.

I don't think anyone in New Zealand is:

a) It starts at like 2am
b) It's the middle of our winter
c) There's Rugby playoffs and the Olympics
d) We suck

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Finally a good opening stand for West Indies. Hopefully they can get a good lead by the end of tomorrow and let Narine go to work on a 4th day pitch that will help him allot.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Neil Wagner looks good for a left-arm seamer. Potentially South Africa have lost another quality player to the quota system here.

Wagner will need to fix that seam position if he wants to have consistent success at the test level. He's good with the old ball getting it to reverse but from what I've seen of him over the last few years he's a pretty average new ball bowler. Still behind Trent Boult as the total package IMO.

New Zealand really should think about flicking Martin off now too, now's probably the time with so many young bowlers coming into the national team. Was hopeless today, didn't look like taking a wicket.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I was expecting Tim Southee to be a part of the line-up here. In the abscence of Boult and with a deteriorating Martin, he would have done well.[or so I expect] :)

War

Chairman of Selectors
Wagner will need to fix that seam position if he wants to have consistent success at the test level. He's good with the old ball getting it to reverse but from what I've seen of him over the last few years he's a pretty average new ball bowler. Still behind Trent Boult as the total package IMO.

New Zealand really should think about flicking Martin off now too, now's probably the time with so many young bowlers coming into the national team. Was hopeless today, didn't look like taking a wicket.

I see. I saw highlights of him bowling and basically it was the reverse-swing spell with the old ball that impressed me.

Fair point on Martin also. In Wagner, Southee, Bracewell, Bolt, Gillespie and Mckay - that's a decent quick bowling group to work with going into the future for sure.

----------

Finally a good opening stand for West Indies. Hopefully they can get a good lead by the end of tomorrow and let Narine go to work on a 4th day pitch that will help him allot.

Ye if things go to plan, i reckon Narine could get a 10 for match haul.

I also hope this is last series where Darren Sammy is test captain. He has done enough to hold onto the post of ODI/T20 skipper for the time being - but the test team is a different kettle of fish.

West Indies have a excellent crop of fast-bowlers in the region at the moment who can form into a potent wicket-taking force. Roach, Rampaul, F Edwards, Best, Gabriel, Russell, D Johnson, K McClean, Jerome Taylor, Andrew Richardson. Any of those 3 (preferably Roach/Rampaul/F Edwards or Best) + Sunil Narine should make up the 4-man test attack.

But Sammy presence means that or the 1st test, the inform Best is on the bench which is not right.

Also with young Bravo injured and Kirk Edwards out of form, Too bad the selectors didn't contract Sarwan and Brendan Nash last year - they would fit into this side perfectly, given the excellent form they are showing in England right now.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I really hope Gayle gets his century, right slap in the face of the WICB

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Posted via Mobile Device

What the ---- is wrong with New Zealand? Gayle is seriously superb. The only thing West Indies needed

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Wagner talks allot of ---- for a guy that has done nothing in international cricket.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
I see. I saw highlights of him bowling and basically it was the reverse-swing spell with the old ball that impressed me.

I have been watching since lunch today and Wagner seems ordinary to me. The commentators have been going on about his seam position and have been showing allot of his deliveries and so far I have not seen one ball where he has the seam in the upright position.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Tea and West Indies lead, now they need to make a good 200 plus lead and bat New Zealand out of the game

badvintage

International Cricketer
Seems like this match is going to be another South Africa-England first test match.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
West Indies actually doing a really good job, and there run rate is a whole run better. Mainly thanks to Gayle's 150

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Great days play, looks like Vettori should consider retiring from all formats, lost his touch

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I saw Wagner yesteray and he seemed ordinary to me. I heard a lot about him that he was doing really well in NZ domestic competitions but wasn't bowling any good yesterday. His action is very similar to Wahab Riaz. He needs to work on his line and length with the reverse swing. WI in full control.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
I really hope Gayle gets his century, right slap in the face of the WICB

Be a right slap in his own face too...I'm still not sold that Gayle vs WICB is 100% one sided. I think Gayle could have done more - how much more it's hard to say without knowing every detail, but he's not blameless in my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread