NRL Telstra Premiership 2006

jdeus said:
Ok so are you saying because Andrew Johns didnt win the Super League in 2005 with Warrington he wasnt trying???

Or are you going to blame the rest of the team??

Never said Johns didn't try, I know he would have cause he wanted to win the SL title. But do the players really value the WCC win as much as a NRL title win or a SOO win?

jdeus said:
As for not taking the World Club seriously, thats no excuse! If your guys dont want it then why bother even playing it?? Dont be a spoil sport because you cant win it!!!

Indeed it's no excuse but TBH I couldn't care less if we won it, get rid of it I say. And this is not me being a spoil sport, we lost the Tri Nations but I'm more than happy for that to continue and I made no excuses for our loss.

jdeus said:
Who holds the ashes btw??????

Do you remember back in 2001 or whenever the Rugby League World Cup took place. Wales were beating Australia at half time in the semi-finals. Wales are certianly not a physical side and totally ripped Australia apart. It was only when Australia started to play that they turned the game around. They didnt get that physical at all! And what about the times when GB have won? Were we physical enough then? Or were the Aussies not physical enough???

Its one advantage you guys have, one disadvantage is arrogance!

So please, dont rule The UK out of any sporting event!
Who holds the cricket world cup?

The aussies are good at most sports. Better then England adn we can prove it to you.

Especially aussie1st hes got a good fight going here i wouldnt wanna see you to out on the footy field cause youll be smashing each other :p

jdeus said:
Who holds the ashes btw??????

Do you remember back in 2001 or whenever the Rugby League World Cup took place. Wales were beating Australia at half time in the semi-finals. Wales are certianly not a physical side and totally ripped Australia apart. It was only when Australia started to play that they turned the game around. They didnt get that physical at all! And what about the times when GB have won? Were we physical enough then? Or were the Aussies not physical enough???

Its one advantage you guys have, one disadvantage is arrogance!

So please, dont rule The UK out of any sporting event!

we do not have arrogance.

We won the Rugby League World Cup however and GB got knocked out of the semi finals

November 18: New Zealand 49 - 6 England (Reebok Stadium, Bolton)
November 19: Australia 46 - 22 Wales (McAlpine Stadium, Huddersfield)
That was the SEmi Finals for the WC

Then THE final.

November 25: Australia 40 - 12 New Zealand (Old Trafford, Manchester)

You couldnt have been beating us becuase The only match aussies played England in was

October 28: Australia 22 - 2 England (Twickenham, London)

You are aware they are two different formats to the game right???

WC being ODI, Ashes being Tests!

You cannot use that as a way to say your better!! And if I remember England drew with Australia in the N-Power ODI series final with Bangledesh as the 3rd nation. Oh also didnt Bangledesh beat you too????? Dont think they have beaten us yet!!!

Also dont forget Australia set a world record ODI score and then lost the match!!!!

Australia have played loads of RL games in England, and yes we have beaten you loads of times!!!

The fact of the matter really is your so determined to be correct that your not really bothered how stupid and desperate you sound! I like the way Australia play, I like the way they are uber-competative, and I like the clean rivalry there is between the two nations! To be honest at the moment Australia are better but like I have been trying to get you to realise you cant just rule other weaker teams out!

Utimately, I still stick by my original thoughts you guys are arrogant and cant admit that other teams can win!!!

Admitting you aint always the best, dont make you second best.

What are you guys scared of??? Looking weak?

Good grief!

jdeus said:
You are aware they are two different formats to the game right???

WC being ODI, Ashes being Tests!

You cannot use that as a way to say your better!! And if I remember England drew with Australia in the N-Power ODI series final with Bangledesh as the 3rd nation. Oh also didnt Bangledesh beat you too????? Dont think they have beaten us yet!!!

Also dont forget Australia set a world record ODI score and then lost the match!!!!

Australia have played loads of RL games in England, and yes we have beaten you loads of times!!!

The fact of the matter really is your so determined to be correct that your not really bothered how stupid and desperate you sound! I like the way Australia play, I like the way they are uber-competative, and I like the clean rivalry there is between the two nations! To be honest at the moment Australia are better but like I have been trying to get you to realise you cant just rule other weaker teams out!

Utimately, I still stick by my original thoughts you guys are arrogant and cant admit that other teams can win!!!

Admitting you aint always the best, dont make you second best.

What are you guys scared of??? Looking weak?

Good grief!

I've got no problem admitting teams can beat us. It's sports losses will happen, I know the Kiwis can beat us likewise GB.
Anyway this is called the "NRL Telstra Premiership 2006" thread so of course we will be bias towards the Aussies as would be the same in the Super league thread.

Good so were agreed?

The Brits can win??

And yes of course it would but its better to keep an open stance when it comes to competition etc.

So all in all a rather pointless argument but hey worth it??

:cheers

Woo! the Storm for the title!!!!!

Last edited:
One thing going for the Broncos tomorrow is their Grand Final record. Been in 5 GF won all 5, simply amazing record that.

Yeah and Hopefully they will continue to dominate and win another grand final making it 6/6. If they win it will be a coaches record to Wayne Bennet. Because no other coach has ever won 6 grand finals

GO THE BRONCOS. THATS RIGHT STORM.

Wow what a game. I know 4 points shouldnt have gone brisbanes way because of the Refs fault but the broncos still would have won anyway.

GO THE BRONCOS.

Storm were robbed on numerous occasions

But none the less. The scoreboard stands.....

Gosh, Melbourne really are a well-drilled side....I can't remember watching more than fifteem minutes of a league game this year, so all my knowledge of their styles came pretty much from other sources, though. They weren't really at their best, but some of those plays were class, and, as Stevo said, they were robbed like four times, resulting in a lost opportunity or a gifted Brisbane penalty. Still, a fairly good contest, but I can't help feeling sorry for the Storm....mainly cause Brisbane have always p!ssed me off for some unknown reason (not to mention Melbourne's level of play this season)....nothing personal to its inhabitants by the way :p

Lol Melbourne are almost Queensland themselves.
My coverage was taken a part due to rain so I missed the last 60 minutes :( Brisbane were just too experienced in the end and had the World's best 5/8 who made quite a difference. In the end the team of superstars took it out over team of depth.

And i cant wait til next year when the Broncos are playing in the World Club Challange

If Brisbane play like they did yesterday they will be tough to beat. But Webcke will be gone which will be a blow although they may have their main hooker in Ennis back. I'm also hearing it will be played down under.

Broncos will find life a bit tougher without Webcke, one of the best props I've ever seen. But typical of Brisbane you usually only need to give them a season or two until they will have it covered perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread